British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Riders

If they put Tai in it will probably ruin the kid. He isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. I'd not like to see Tai in the GP's until he is good enough to qualify himself - that'll be 2012, In the mean time let Harris keep trying and Lee Richardsson replace Nicholls.

If we blooded youngster like Tai in an under 21 GP series, or a series for the riders "bubbling under", as it were. Then, the natural progression from that would be the full GP series. Run it over less meetings, and limit the field to no more than 12.

If they put Tai in it will probably ruin the kid. He isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. I'd not like to see Tai in the GP's until he is good enough to qualify himself - that'll be 2012, In the mean time let Harris keep trying and Lee Richardsson replace Nicholls.

I agree with that for ALL riders. Scrap the nominations and make riders earn their place either by finishing in the top 8 (or 10) and then the other places go to the riders who battle through a long qualifying process

Gimmee's should be eliminated immediately. There is NO reason why all the GP riders couldn't enter the qualifying process and if they fail on both counts then there should be no way back until the following year

I agree with that for ALL riders. Scrap the nominations and make riders earn their place either by finishing in the top 8 (or 10) and then the other places go to the riders who battle through a long qualifying process

Gimmee's should be eliminated immediately. There is NO reason why all the GP riders couldn't enter the qualifying process and if they fail on both counts then there should be no way back until the following year

I disagree, there has to be some scope for riders that miss the top eight through injury. If all GP riders entered the qualifying rounds it would make a mockery of the qualifying system. For example if the top 8 finishers in the GP series all qualified for the GP challenge it would render the meeting pointless.

What they should do is; the bottom seven GP riders at the end of the series, to meet the top nine riders from the GP challenge. Then the top eight riders from another meeting qualifying for the following years GP.

Get rid of the nominated riders, if your not good enoughyou shouldn't be riding in them.

Scrap the wildcard which most of the time are a complete waste of time.

They could always use 3 or 4 dates as qualifiers and then the other 3 or 4 GPs as the championship proper .................... give all the riders a chance every year!

Theres bound to be at least one Brit in the GP's , but why , oh why can none of them ever gate consistently or have quick machinery ? When was the last time we had a brit who could gate like a ferret with his arse on fire , and have speed to match ? Take Nicholls and Harris , both have talent, but cant gate for toffee.Surely , if it were you or me with their talent , wouldnt you spend every spare hour(if they have any), trying different things to improve their starting techniques, set ups etc ? Or , because they are so busy , is it a case of they dont care because they are earning good cash as it is ? Even Loram , who won the World Championship without winning a GP, was a crap gater(effing fab from the back tho).I think our up and coming riders need to master the art of gating first, and be consistent at it , beacause if they dont , GB riders will be in the wilderness for years.

Just my opinion, but if I was the FIM and they wanted 2 Brits in the GP I'd do this:-

Have the British Riders Championship on Wednesday 10th March 2010 at Peterborough, top two to qualify for the GP series, 3 & 4 reserves for the British GP.

1, Lee Richardson

2, Scott Nicholls

3, Chris Harris

4, Simon Stead

5, Edward Kennett

6, Oliver Allen

7, Lewis Bridger

8, Tai Woffinden

9, Daniel King

10, James Wright

11, James Grieves

12, Ben Barker

13, Jordon Frampton

14, Joe Haines

15, Robert Mear

15, Andrew Tully

Theres no way Bomber or Nicholls should get into the Gp's (Except if bomber gets in through the GP qualifier.)

Sadly i fear for Rico because if Harris gets in through the GP challenge then perhaps Rico won't get a nomination, and the FIM may still give Harris the british nomination (if we get one!)

When really, Rico deserves the brit place, because he's the top brit in the world - sure he didn't win the british championship, but he's the most consistant... top leagues in all countries he rides in and has an 8+ average in each league, whereas Harris rides top league britain, sweden and second league in poland.... not to mention Rico can beat some of the top guys week in week out.... :unsure:

Theres no way Bomber or Nicholls should get into the Gp's (Except if bomber gets in through the GP qualifier.)

Sadly i fear for Rico because if Harris gets in through the GP challenge then perhaps Rico won't get a nomination, and the FIM may still give Harris the british nomination (if we get one!)

When really, Rico deserves the brit place, because he's the top brit in the world - sure he didn't win the british championship, but he's the most consistant... top leagues in all countries he rides in and has an 8+ average in each league, whereas Harris rides top league britain, sweden and second league in poland.... not to mention Rico can beat some of the top guys week in week out.... :unsure:

Only this season has Richardsson become so consistent. I'd swap him for Nicholls and give Harris another go.

Ideally the 2010 line-up would be

1. Jason Crump

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Greg Hancock

4. Emil Sayfutdinov

5. Andreas Jonasson

6. Nicki Pedersen

7. Kenneth Bjerre ... 2nd at Brandon

8. Freddie Lindgren ... 3rd at Brandon

9. Rune Holta

10. Hans Andersen

11. Jarek Hampel ... 1st at brandon

12. Chris Holder (Wild Card)

13. Chris Harris (Wild Card)

14. Lee Richardsson (Wild Card)

15. Matej Zagar (Wild Card)

i agree with the list above but would swop harris for woffinden.i dont think tai would be any further off the pace than harris.not sure if richardson will get in cuz of his age so could be harris and tai

Only this season has Richardsson become so consistent. I'd swap him for Nicholls and give Harris another go.

Ideally the 2010 line-up would be

1. Jason Crump

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Greg Hancock

4. Emil Sayfutdinov

5. Andreas Jonasson

6. Nicki Pedersen

7. Kenneth Bjerre ... 2nd at Brandon

8. Freddie Lindgren ... 3rd at Brandon

9. Rune Holta

10. Hans Andersen

11. Jarek Hampel ... 1st at brandon

12. Chris Holder (Wild Card)

13. Chris Harris (Wild Card)

14. Lee Richardsson (Wild Card)

15. Matej Zagar (Wild Card)

agree with all of those, just hope rune stays in the GP's as read somewhere he is tempted to quit the GP's as its not worth it for the money.

In all honesty i think its the best thing that could happen for Scott, The gp's are just a financial drain from what they say unless you are in the top few. You can count on 1 hand the top guys for the next few seasons. Emil has showed that age isnt a problem and it may bring Tai on a bit.

The problem i have with the gp's is that you know its going to be Crump and Pedersen and maybe 1 or 2 will get close to them, after that its just a competition to try and finish in the top 8 so you can try again the following season ....to get in the top 8 :blink: There are far to many average riders and the wild cards are stupid (apart from Scotty fopr cardiff next season).

So i say Harris and Tai for 2010

Big fan of Tai's he certainly has the skill and he can gate (must be the aussie in him) but i think he shouldn't be considered for the GP's yet until he either is a wild card at the British GP or is a few more years older.

He's doing well over here and in the other countries but i think he needs to continue as he is for now

I think both british riders in the grand prix need to take a year out neither have been good enough ... but they just dont have the experiance in there team . harris for example had such a good team in 2007 and there knowledge showed where as he doesnt have either and he struggled since ... as for nicholls he seems to swap his team more often than not and must be unsettling ... is just my opinion but i think they both need a year awayy to come back stronger .. personnally i would go for kennet and woffindon and give them a chance

I think both british riders in the grand prix need to take a year out neither have been good enough ... but they just dont have the experiance in there team . harris for example had such a good team in 2007 and there knowledge showed where as he doesnt have either and he struggled since ... as for nicholls he seems to swap his team more often than not and must be unsettling ... is just my opinion but i think they both need a year awayy to come back stronger .. personnally i would go for kennet and woffindon and give them a chance

Kennett? seriously? Regarding Tai, he is a very good talent but i think he needs a few more years of league racing experience before he could

do himself justice in a full GP season. The only Brit at the moment who are GP material is Lee Richardson who is riding very well in all

the major leagues and i hope thet he will get a WC for next season.