British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Bodom Comet

Workington Meeting 05.09.2009

Was at a birthday bash last night and was gutted couldn't get there. Really dissapointed nobody helped Sue out on the updates site, I've got quite a few things on over the coming weekends and will probably have to miss a few meetings it would be a shame if the meetings were not covered.Anybody prepared to help??

chris kerr.......... sooooooooo much better than that other american. deserved this win,

smooth and damn quick ..well done mate.. one of the best meetings so far this year at worky. good to see some old faces . super joe had some bad luck tonight, looks like he could do a great job on in pl, he would be some attraction in this league . john branney= 110% tryer.deserved more. edge of the seat stuff. brilliant....

this was a very evan field and some good close battles and no run away winner which makes a big difference towards the end off the night but chris done a very good job and 100% worthy winner

a bit off a shame the crowd wasnt that big ?

were people put off by the increase in entrance fee or was there other reasons there was quite a few traveling fans evan a group from wolverhampton looks like there man won on the night

Don't forget that he's been crap for 6 months of this season, 1 meeting doesn't make you a good rider.

But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I saw a light coming from the 1st bend that looked like it may have been a camera.

wasnt a camera................. it was chris kerr :lol::lol:

Wow what a meeting, some very very close racing, i'm surprised there were no coming togethers. Massive well done to chris kerr, he was superb, beat stead,wright, doolan and compton and fully deserved victory.....comet in 2010?????

would like 2 see chris at worky next year along wid roynon,compton and nermark cause lawson,branney and cook are defos 4 my money.

Some good racing last night, Kerr was a surprising but deserved winner, well done Chris.

Steady was good but made some poor starts and got caught in traffic early on in some heats so lost points.

Screeny made a good fist of it but was hit by mechanical trouble's so finished down the order.

All the riders had some good races at various points in the meeting so the scoring was pretty well spread.

Biggest cheer went to John Branney when he won heat 19 from David Howe,Lyons and Lambert. :approve:

Some very fast times last night which ranged from 63.0 seconds in heat 1 (Kerr) to heat's 15 and 19 65.7 second's (Screen and Branney).

Well worth the admission money of £15.00 but the crowd was slightly down on the usual League match figure i think.................... oh and it was cold :neutral: here comes Autumn/Winter.

1.Kerr 13

2.Stead 12

3. Doolan 12

4 Compton 9

Haines 8

Piszcz 8

Ashworth 8

Proctor 7

Screen 7

Branney 7

Wright 6

Howe 6

Lyons 5

Harrison 5

Sneddon 4

Lambert 1

Unfortunately Chris wasn't/isn't a contracted Redcar rider, so it wasn't the consortiums decision to let him go. I'm sure they wanted to keep Chris but with him being a Wolverhampton rider and also with Ty Proctor doubling up with Wolverhampton along with Chris, they had to make sure that at least 1 of them was available at the time of the Wolves fixtures. Had they both rode for Redcar then neither would have been available for Wolves fixtures on the same days the bears where/are riding. This is the reason why Chris Kerr wasn't back at Redcar this season.

We've said all year we should have sent Ty to Newport not Chris ;)

We've said all year we should have sent Ty to Newport not Chris ;)

We would have been happy with Ty :approve: dont forget how poor Kerr started off the season and its only the last few weeks hes been good! lol. But Kerr is great and a nice chap too :lol:

well done chris, he's been my fav wasp this season always good to watch - always tries - i for one hope hes back at newport. top man

and our favourite Pole Tomasz Piszcz as entertaining ever after a slowish start with some harum scarum zig zaging full throttle races!!! :lol: