British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Iss Speedway Linkoping

Desperate to prolong my year of speedway adventures i saw this meeting advertised on the Piratarna site.Anyone know if its just for ice speedway riders or do any shale speedway stars take part?How big is the track?Is it in the centre of Linkoping?

Is it held annually?if so where can i find the results?

Desperate to prolong my year of speedway adventures i saw this meeting advertised on the Piratarna site.Anyone know if its just for ice speedway riders or do any shale speedway stars take part?How big is the track?Is it in the centre of Linkoping?

That is an indoor speedway meeting on ice,not Ice Speedway or Isracing as it is called in Sweden.So i would think it will be 100% shale riders

:) You missed a question out...what is the meaning of life ;)

Mind you, i'm sure Iris is capable of answering that as well, seeing as Iris is usually an excellent source for all kinds of info. I'm very impresssed at the answers given.

Few riders have been announced for this meeting; Antonio Lindbäck (SWE), Jonas Davidsson (SWE), Dave Watt (AUS), Slawomir Drabik (POL), Shane Parker (AUS), Daniel Davidsson (SWE) and Grzegorz Walasek (POL).

They are also trying to get a deal with even more top riders; Nicki Pedersen (DK), David Ruud (SWE), Adam Skornicki (POL), Peter Karlsson (SWE) and Greg Hancock (USA).

:approve:

Looks very tempting!But just costed the taxis to Stansted/ flights/trains/hotel/meeting costs and it will cost about £200 so unless fate throws some extra cash my way i may have to give it a miss! :cry:

Looks very tempting!But just costed the taxis to Stansted/ flights/trains/hotel/meeting costs and it will cost about £200 so unless fate throws some extra cash my way i may have to give it a miss! :cry:

I know of 2 going to this meeting, but they do things <like me> on the cheap. Stansted-skavsta £37 return <with electron card>, they've hired a car, and they'll go to the meeting, and sleep at the airport and get home in morning. If you wanted a bed for the night, the hotel at the airport is reasonable. Send me email or pm and i'll put you in contact with them, they're friendly and they dont bite.

I know of 2 going to this meeting, but they do things <like me> on the cheap. Stansted-skavsta £37 return <with electron card>, they've hired a car, and they'll go to the meeting, and sleep at the airport and get home in morning. If you wanted a bed for the night, the hotel at the airport is reasonable. Send me email or pm and i'll put you in contact with them, they're friendly and they dont bite.

Thanks, i will mull on that and see where my bank balance is nearer the time.

Thanks, i will mull on that and see where my bank balance is nearer the time.

Flights now free, out sat morning, back sat night, good enough for me. Just hoping meeting is over in 3 hours, so i can get back to airport for the 21-50

Flights now free, out sat morning, back sat night, good enough for me. Just hoping meeting is over in 3 hours, so i can get back to airport for the 21-50

Let me know if there's still any chance of a lift (Will chip in on petrol)?As its impossible for me to get back to the airport that day otherwise.The slightly cheaper flights(£20 instead of £37) wont make half as much difference as to whether i can afford, as it would not having to stay there and pay for a hotel.

Let me know then i can book flights for that day too. I guess your thinking about 1 hour drive from airport so aiming to leave at 8pm whether meeting finished or not?

Let me know if there's still any chance of a lift (Will chip in on petrol)?As its impossible for me to get back to the airport that day otherwise.The slightly cheaper flights(£20 instead of £37) wont make half as much difference as to whether i can afford, as it would not having to stay there and pay for a hotel.

Let me know then i can book flights for that day too. I guess your thinking about 1 hour drive from airport so aiming to leave at 8pm whether meeting finished or not?

Message sent, i hope you got it ok.

Lineup:

1. Ricky Kling, SWE

2. Dave Watt, AUS

3. Grzegorz Walasek, POL

4. Sławomir Drabik, POL

5. Jonas Davidsson, SWE

6. Darcy Ward, AUS

7. Kim Nilsson, SWE

8. Freddie Eriksson, SWE

9. Troy Batchelor, AUS

10. Antonio Lindbäck, SWE

11. Anders Henriksson, SWE

12. Chris Holder, AUS

13. Pontus Aspegren, SWE

14. Sebastian Alden, SWE

15. Daniel Davidsson, SWE

16. Grzegorz Zengota , POL

http://svtplay.se/v/1758686/ostnytt/speedway_pa_is

Daniel Davidsson won tonight's icespeedway meeting at Cloetta Center in Linköping, home of the Swedish Elitserien icehockey team Linköping HC.

Kim Nilsson looked like a favourite for the final after his 15 point maximum in the main event, but was outgated in the 4-lap final heat (all other heats were held over 3 laps). Perhaps he shouldn't have had a maximum to start with, as he surely should have been excluded in his first one, as he fell on his own, but the youngster was the top rider on show, only to lose the win in the final.

4012 in attendence witnessed this meeting/show and I had a feeling that most of them (at least in our bus) were happy with the event. So a massive "Well done!" to Stefan Andersson and Piraterna Speedway for hosting this event! I hope this can become a nice off-season tradition for the Swedish fans.

1) (15) Daniel Davidsson, Sweden, 11p ( 3 1 3 3 1 ) +3

2) (8) Freddie Eriksson, Sweden, 10p ( X 2 3 3 2 ) +2 +2

3) (7) Kim Nilsson, Sweden, 15p ( 3 3 3 3 3 ) +1

4) (5) Jonas Davidsson, Sweden, 10p ( 2 3 2 3 0 ) +3 +0

5) (6) Darcy Ward, Australia, 10p ( 1 3 3 0 3 ) +1

6) (1) Ricky Kling, Sweden, 10p ( 3 1 2 1 3 ) +X

7) (12) Chris Holder, Australia, 10p ( 2 3 1 2 2 )

8) (9) Troy Batchelor, Australia, 9p ( 1 2 2 2 2 )

9) (11) Anders Henriksson, Sweden, 8p ( 3 2 0 2 1 )

10) (14) Sebastian Aldén, Sweden, 7p ( 2 2 0 0 3 )

11) (4) Slawomir Drabik, Poland, 7p ( 1 1 2 1 2 )

12) (3) Grzegorz Walasek, Poland, 4p ( 2 0 1 1 0 )

13) (13) Pontus Aspgren, Sweden, 3p ( Fx 0 1 1 1 )

14) (10) Antonio Lindbäck, Sweden, 2p ( X X Fx 2 0 )

15) (2) Dave Watt, Australia, 2p ( 0 1 0 Fx 1 )

16) (16) Grzegorz Zengota, Poland, 1p ( Fx 0 1 0 0 )

R1) (17) Tomas Bäck, Sweden

R2) (18) Tobias Bäck, Sweden

1 [32.9]: Kling, Walasek, Drabik, Watt

2 [29.6]: Nilsson, J Davidsson, Ward, Eriksson (X)

3 [32.3]: Henriksson, Holder, Batchelor, Lindbäck (X)

4 [31.5]: D Davidsson, Aldén, Aspgren (Fx), Zengota (Fx)

5 [30.7]: J Davidsson, Batchelor, Kling, Aspgren

6 [30.1]: Ward, Aldén, Watt, Lindbäck (X)

7 [30.5]: Nilsson, Henriksson, D Davidsson, Walasek

8 [30.9]: Holder, Eriksson, Drabik, Zengota

9 [33.0]: Ward, Kling, Zengota, Henriksson

10 [31.9]: D Davidsson, J Davidsson, Holder, Watt

11 [31.1]: Eriksson, Batchelor, Walasek, Aldén

12 [30.7]: Nilsson, Drabik, Aspgren, Lindbäck (Fx)

13 [31.9]: Nilsson, Holder, Kling, Aldén

14 [31.4]: Eriksson, Henriksson, Aspgren, Watt (Fx)

15 [34.2]: J Davidsson, Lindbäck, Walasek, Zengota

16 [32.4]: D Davidsson, Batchelor, Drabik, Ward

17 [34.1]: Kling, Eriksson, D Davidsson, Lindbäck

18 [33.0]: Nilsson, Batchelor, Watt, Zengota

19 [34.0]: Ward, Holder, Aspgren, Walasek

20 [33.3]: Aldén, Drabik, Henriksson, J Davidsson

Last Chance [31.9]: J Davidsson, Eriksson, Ward, Kling (X)

Final [--.-]: D Davidsson, Eriksson, Nilsson, J Davidsson