British Speedway Forum
bruno

Bydgoszcz Gp And Torun Play Off

Yep. Tend to agree.

Now that I have got over the deflation of not seeing the second leg, I am pretty happy with the thought of seeing the mighty Falubaz on their home patch ;)

how come you wont see the second leg

I would like to apologise if anyone took my comments the wrong way as they were totally in jest, hence the smiley face after!!

Of course i would never want a meeting rained off....i travel from Bradford to Belle Vue every monday & have very often made the 1hr 30 round trip to find the meeting off when i got there so i know how gutting it is when that happens.

I'm glad some people realised it was only in jest so sorry Haza if you took it the wrong way...i'm travelling over 2 hrs to get to Birmingham airport for my 2 hr+ flight to Bydgoszcz so i definitely do not want this meeting rained off or it would be a bloody long trip for no Speedway at all!!

I am seriously worried now though with the weather in Poland & always thought this GP was pretty late in the season. ZG is obviously having it bad but it is some way away from Bydgoszcz so i hope the weather is clearer ooop North so we can at least see some action!!

Take warm panties all you coming to Poland. It's gonna be around 0 at night this weekend in Bydgoszcz, 5-7 degrees in a daytime. It's already got pretty cold, only 3 at the moment in Poznan. Thankfully it should not rain according to the forecasts I follow.. and should not snow either :P

Speedway season should finish in Poland in the end of September - too much trouble with the bloody weather in October.

I know or really care if Bradford Aces was joking or not all i know is coments like he or she made just got to me and i,m sure i,m not alone a lot of people have saved there hard earned money to go to Bydgoszcz for the GP and the match at Torun was a bonus we are now hoping to go to the first leg at Zielona Gora if we can get tickets . Just a thought Bradford Aces would be a shame if the flight prices were sky high for you next weekend for the 2nd leg and you got there and was rained off oh i would laugh :wink::wink: oh only joking :lol::lol: tongue in cheek lol lol

Edited by Haza

I know or really care if Bradford Aces was joking or not all i know is coments like he or she made just got to me and i,m sure i,m not alone a lot of people have saved there hard earned money to go to Bydgoszcz for the GP and the match at Torun was a bonus we are now hoping to go to the first leg at Zielona Gora if we can get tickets . Just a thought Bradford Aces would be a shame if the flight prices were sky high for you next weekend for the 2nd leg and you got there and was rained off oh i would laugh :wink::wink: oh only joking :lol::lol: tongue in cheek lol lol

.................and breathe!!!! :wink:

maybe the Chapmans should have put a smiley on here when dates were changed a couple of weeks ago .. would have been ok then :wink:

Never in a million years :rolleyes:

Think this thread now needs deleting as its put a jinx on the whole thing!!!!!

Utterly gutted that the weekend has been ruined by the weather. As i've only paid for the flights i now hope that it p*sses it down on saturday & the Gp is off to be re-staged the saturday after & the great weekend will be back on again!!

I'll begin my raindance immediately!! :lol:

Just take your Longjohns and your Goretex waterproofs and the GP boys will give it a go! Crumpie needs everyone's support!

Just take your Longjohns and your Goretex waterproofs and the GP boys will give it a go! Crumpie needs everyone's support!

it would be so good if gollob won the world title

it would be so good if gollob won the world title

Or Emil or anyone else in fact!!!!!

Has there been any more news on Crumpy's injury situation?

Being serious here, as it would be a shame for any rider to lose a World Title because of

injury. Although I wouldn't be overly upset if Tomasz was to pinch the title at the final

GP of 2009. One rider who should have had at least one World Title to his name by now.

Also, weather updates on this, hows the snow/rain affecting things in Bydgoszcz itself?

Was going to make a joke about hoping it doesn't snow in Bydgoszcz on Saturday but the current forecast does indeed mention 'chance' of snow!. One of the many World Cup football matches i was flicking through last night was Poland versus Slovakia and i was surprised to see it snowing to a fair old degree.

The weather station source BYDGOSZCZ WEATHER STATIONS is usually pretty accurate, but don't worry too much as there are still a couple of days to go so it can change. Having said that last night it didn't mention snow.

All of which brings me to a serious question, has there ever been a GP staged in the snow? I don't mean a dusting but a reasonable amount.

Edited by manchesterpaul

is it me!!! or as this been a poor response to this (my) thread. the most exciting finish to a gp season in a while and no one seems bothered. yes the torun situation is disapointing but the world championship still has 3 riders in contention. one who deserves it. one a national hero. and one a local hero well ok rider. i hope theres more interest at the meeting. and no snow :lol:

is it me!!! or as this been a poor response to this (my) thread. the most exciting finish to a gp season in a while and no one seems bothered. yes the torun situation is disapointing but the world championship still has 3 riders in contention. one who deserves it. one a national hero. and one a local hero well ok rider. i hope theres more interest at the meeting. and no snow :lol:

As youse mob bask in the Coldosity over there, spare a thought for those unfortunates shivering in 25C heat, huddled round the computer cheering Crumpy on at three o'Fercryin'outloudclock in the morning, drinking ice-cold Coopers 62 Pilsener and pretending its Lech. :lol:

FIM BYDGOSZCZ SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND

HEAT RED BLUE WHITE YELLOW/BLACK

1 J.Crump (2) H.Andersen (5) C.Harris (11) T.Gollob (3)

2 G.Hancock (4) F.Lindgren (10) G.Walasek (13) L.Adams (6)

3 S.Nicholls (9) A.Jonsson (7) S.Ulamek (14) N.Pedersen (1)

4 K.Bjerre (12) E.Sayfutdinov (15) A.Miedzinski (16) R.Holta (8)

5 R.Holta (8) J.Crump (2) G.Hancock (4) S.Ulamek (14)

6 E.Sayfutdinov (15) S.Nicholls (9) H.Andersen (5) G.Walasek (13)

7 A.Jonsson (7) K.Bjerre (12) F.Lindgren (10) C.Harris (11)

8 T.Gollob (3) L.Adams (6) N.Pedersen (1) A.Miedzinski (16)

9 G.Walasek (13) A.Miedzinski (16) J.Crump (2) A.Jonsson (7)

10 N.Pedersen (1) G.Hancock (4) K.Bjerre (12) H.Andersen (5)

11 L.Adams (6) S.Ulamek (14) C.Harris (11) E.Sayfutdinov (15)

12 R.Holta (8) T.Gollob (3) S.Nicholls (9) F.Lindgren (10)

13 F.Lindgren (10) N.Pedersen (1) E.Sayfutdinov (15) J.Crump (2)

14 H.Andersen (5) R.Holta (8) L.Adams (6) A.Jonsson (7)

15 A.Miedzinski (16) C.Harris (11) S.Nicholls (9) G.Hancock (4)

16 S.Ulamek (14) G.Walasek (13) T.Gollob (3) K.Bjerre (12)

17 J.Crump (2) L.Adams (6) K.Bjerre (12) S.Nicholls (9)

18 S.Ulamek (14) H.Andersen (5) F.Lindgren (10) A.Miedzinski (16)

19 C.Harris (11) N.Pedersen (1) R.Holta (8) G.Walasek (13)

20 G.Hancock (4) E.Sayfutdinov (15) A.Jonsson (7) T.Gollob (3)

Draw No. Rider Name/Number Country Draw No. Rider Name/Number Country

1 J.Crump (2) AUS 10 S.Nicholls (9) GBR

2 H.Andersen (5) DEN 11 A.Jonsson (7) SWE

3 C.Harris (11) GBR 12 N.Pedersen (1) DEN

4 T.Gollob (3) POL 13 R.Holta (8) POL

5 G.Hancock (4) USA 14 E.Sayfutdinov (15) RUS

6 G.Walasek (13) POL 15 K.Bjerre (12) DEN

7 F.Lindgren (10) SWE 16 A.Miedzinski (16) POL

8 L.Adams (6) AUS 17 G.Zengota (17) POL

9 S.Ulamek (14) POL 18 K.Buczkowski (18) POL

One of the many World Cup football matches i was flicking through last night was Poland versus Slovakia and i was surprised to see it snowing to a fair old degree.

Seen that the other night, absolutely bucketing it down with Snow. Very rare to see Sport played in those conditions in the past ten years.

First heat tomorrow night....ding dong!

Edited by Hazzman