British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Wildcards 2010

Edward Kennett in the GP series? Please tell me this is some sort of joke - the poor bloke will be massacred. He'll be lucky to get a point per GP.

All the best

Rob

Nothing against ek but to call Zagar non descript is racist in the extreme,Zagar has proved he can live at this level & was only forced out by injuries,EK has been worse than useless on the bigger tracks.Sure its not april the first. :blink:

How is that racist? I might not agree with the sentiments but its certainly is not racist!

A non-descript foreigner,maybe not racist,but a crass derogatory remark that i come to expect from shovlar. :mad:

Come on Rob... Someones got to keep Zorro company at the back

As Zorro demonstrated at Coventry, underestimate him at your peril. And he qualified, fair and square

However, Kennett has never shown any form at all at world level (he was shocking in the World Cup this year)... or even at domestic level outside of the UK for that matter. He's gonna get slaughtered. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

A non-descript foreigner,maybe not racist,but a crass derogatory remark that i come to expect from shovlar. :mad:

Blimey, someone needs to get out more. :lol:

All the best

Rob

If this is confirmed, then Lindgren and Andersen were obvious choices. Apart from Adams - who is retiring anyway - anyone below those two in the standings is merely going to be a filler anyway.

If it's Woffinden then I'm not surprised, but would have liked to have seen him have another year out to consolidate first. His end of year form was top class, but should have had a full season as a heatleader first really - ala Holder. His recent form does indicate he'll do ok though.

Kennett, obviously, is a surprise. If there was going to be a second Brit I'd have gone with Harris due to his position in the GP qualifier. Nevertheless, Kennett has regularly qualified as the Cardiff wild card recently, so has probably been selected based on that. I do think he'll struggle, but good luck to him. I hope he takes the opportunity with both hands.

Perhaps a season too soon for Woffinden? Not sure he'll make the top 8 next year, but decent enough performances should see him back for 2011, when hopefully he will be top class. Certainly Britain's best hope at the moment.

Blimey, someone needs to get out more. :lol:

All the best

Rob

With all due respect to the riders concerned it makes a complete mockery of the qualifying rounds. Of the four riders concerned one couldn't even be bothered to do the qualifyers, one made the GP Challenge but fell short on the night and the other two were nowhere near good enough to qualify, couldn't even make the GP Challenge.

The message to Zagar and every half-decent foreign rider is now very clear:- Don't even bother with the qualifiers lads, just get yourself an English licence and take the easy route in.

Someone at BSI is taking the p**s. No dis-respect to Ed (I am a bees fan) but dint think me was even mentioned as a maybe.

Is this Ole's parting shot

P.S. Anyone know if Freddies sense of humour would stretch to this

Edited by sancho

Well if it's true and I hope it is, I've got my betting slip ready as have 250/1 on Edward Kennett being World Champion by 2012 ....

The only way to win this bet would be for him to be in the GPs.

You have 2 years to make me rich Edward :approve:

Oh and Mr Bridger you have 2 years also ..... got 200/1 on you!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum :neutral:

Edward Kennett in the GP series? Please tell me this is some sort of joke - the poor bloke will be massacred. He'll be lucky to get a point per GP.

All the best

Rob

....so no worse than Harris and Nicholls this year then :unsure:

Having said that I do not believe he is ready for will ever be for GP and if true am surprised by the decision. Maye Rico and Harris turned the chance down?

After the demise of Slovenian GP that appears to have ruled out Matej which is a crying shame bit I am surprised Pavlic did not get it with the advent of the Croatian GP and all the money that is behind him.

Eddie is nowhere near a top 16 rider in the world but if he is picked then i wish him luck and would expect him to but a lottery ticket for this weeks draw!!!

4 wild cards should be:

No brainer in Lindgren and Andersen

Tai or Richardson as the token Brit.

Zagar, Pavlic or Protasiewicz (Spelling) (based on 3 polish GPs and GP Challenge result).

My view is to make them all qualify even the world Champion but that isn't going to happen. So we will be there with our union jack and just hoping to be able top wave it. Good luck to Tai and Eddie give us something to cheer and we will be happy.

Great to see two ex Rockets in the GP Series

Good luck to Ed and Tai :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just not true. Kennett failed to beat 1 non Slovenian at the world cup this year and was the second lowest scoring wildcard (only beaten into last by the Italian. There's no way they have put him in.

Doesn't make any sense from a business point of view either, who's going to bring in the crowds? Zagar/Lindback or Eddie Kennett? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Not even as if he's got any big name sponsors to speak of.

It was reported in the media last year that Zagar had got a pick when he hadn't. Can only assume this is the same.