British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Wildcards 2010

It was reported in the media last year that Zagar had got a pick when he hadn't. Can only assume this is the same.

I only hope you are right. :wink: For once. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Got to feel sorry for the 10 or 20 riders better than Kennett in the world who have no chance of getting in because of their nationality.Laguta for one has done better in the big meetings and has no chance.I would rather see Kevin Wölbert in anyway :wink:

I would rather see Kevin Wölbert in anyway :wink:
Doesn't travel well ..... Gets sick at the thought of flying

Doesn't travel well ..... Gets sick at the thought of flying

Well Kennett forgets his passport anyway :wink:

Totally disagree. A massive step backward for the GP's when a rider who has never come anywhere near qualifying gets a slot. Only a one-eyed Brit with a disdain for "non-descript foreigners" (copyright - Steve Shovlar) would welcome the decision to give Ed a place in the GP's.

Well, having followed Eddie's career since he was a 15-year-old first riding in the CL I most certainly DO welcome this decision... :approve:

IMHO, if we'd had a proper World Championship as in the days when Peter Collins and Michael Lee were coming thru' then Eddie would have made a World Final by now... The closed-door of the GPs has to date sucked everything out of his international career. The decision to replace no-hopers like Nicholls, Harris and Richardson with the two brightest prospects I've seen in this country for years (Ed and Tai) is a MASSIVE step forward. Most of you GP apologists don't want positive changes, you love your status quo with cuddly Greg, Leigh etc. too much...

I wouldn't cross the road to watch a GP featuring the usual GB 'picks': Ed & Tai though is an entirely different proposition...

Glad to see fresh English blood in the GPs. tai was a dead cert and I for one am very pleased that BSI have gone against the grain, booted Nicholls and Harris into touch, and not gone with Richardson who had his day a couple of years ago and did nothing.

Kennett is young, improving and British. I would rather he be in it than some non discript foriegner like Zagar. Eddie will try his heart out and while not likely to rock the boat, its a brand new fresh rider in the series and that is very important. I am sure he will not let himself down. Together with Tai he will do just as well as Harris and Nicholls have done this year. Lets face it they can't do much worse!!

Good luck to both young Brits.

100% Shovvy :approve: :approve: :approve:

Kennett is a world away from Harris and Nicholls.

Watching the way riders have moved him out the way at first bends, especially Shields on Friday, even when he has gated suggests he hasn't got a hope.

It's alright, no doubt he will give 100%, but so would I, and after all I "couldn't do much worse than Nicholls and Harris" so why not put me in? :rolleyes:

Well, I think this would be SUPERB news if it's true... :approve:

Tai and Eddie in the GP is just the fillip the series needs..

Certainly will make me buy my ticket for Cardiff...!!!

Do you work for Hagon shocks !!!!! Kennett in the SGP he failed to even make the latter rounds of the qualifying. Failed to make an impression at Cardiff and cant ride big tracks particularly well.

Farcical !!! So much for the best 15 riders + Wild Card in the SGP series.

Surely they wouldn't CHOOSE a rider as rubbish as Kennett for the GP's. It's not as if he's particularly exciting or popular either, unless you count being overtaken as exciting.

It must be a joke, please let it be a joke!

JT.

Kennett is a world away from Harris and Nicholls.

Watching the way riders have moved him out the way at first bends, especially Shields on Friday, even when he has gated suggests he hasn't got a hope.

It's alright, no doubt he will give 100%, but so would I, and after all I "couldn't do much worse than Nicholls and Harris" so why not put me in? :rolleyes:

That is a very good point Silver Bee. People come on the forum deriding Zetterstrom who actually blew Holder away twice in the GP Challenge and had some very tough first bends but Kennett who as you say was easliy moved out of the way by Sheilds (who is very good but not World Class) is being hailed as a long overdue development for the GP's.

On any assessment Kennett has not proved himself to be the quality of Zetterstrom at this level, and I speak as a fn of Eddie.

It's all very well for people to knock the likes of Harris, Nicholls and Richardson but if you compare their performances throughout this year in the English, Polish and Swedish leagues, and look at the way the British Championship was dominated by Richardson (top scorer in the heats) and Harris (eventual winner) it is clear that those three have been the top three Brits. The fact that they have performed poorly overall in their spells in the GP does not mean they are poor riders, it just shows how tough the GP's really are. Its not just the brits, many class riders have found the GP,s a ifferent ball game. But Kennett and Woofy have British passports so no doubt the dewey-eyed patriotism that replaces common sense in the british psyche will prevail

Edited by Custer Mouse

Glad to see fresh English blood in the GPs. tai was a dead cert and I for one am very pleased that BSI have gone against the grain, booted Nicholls and Harris into touch, and not gone with Richardson who had his day a couple of years ago and did nothing.

Kennett is young, improving and British. I would rather he be in it than some non discript foriegner like Zagar. Eddie will try his heart out and while not likely to rock the boat, its a brand new fresh rider in the series and that is very important. I am sure he will not let himself down. Together with Tai he will do just as well as Harris and Nicholls have done this year. Lets face it they can't do much worse!!

Good luck to both young Brits.

Oh my god - Im 99% in agreement with Shovlar. I wouldnt be as negative about Scott and Bomber but the rest is an excellent post.

Not even as if he's got any big name sponsors to speak of.

Have you seen his sponsors for 2010?

Whilst this is not official it is true that Ed's name has been put up there and if he does get the pick then BSI/IMG have put forward their long term plan.

Instead of drip feeding youngsters into the GP's one a year they appear to have gone with a new batch of younger riders who, if they perform well could continue and grow over future GP's.

I dont think I would have put Ed's name in the frame for 2010 but having thought about it for a while I am really looking forward to the series next year and planning on travelling to a few extra GP's.

As a Brit supporting Brits Im happy and with a good team (family and friends) behind Ed I think he will do well on the track and in front of the camera which is which BSI are after.

Oh and Tai - if he says he is in the right frame of mind for 2010 then he has my Union Jack waving for him and well.

These are the worst picks of all time :rolleyes: Kennett not good enough never will be... Tai not ready yet .....Andersen had loads of chances and now going backwards .......Lingren had his best season but was still not good enough to finish in the top 8 or get by the gp race off .

The sooner they get rid of wildcards the better the whole thing it now just a money making circus rather than a world championship event .

Just hope it works out or we will have Robert Mears and Auty next.No-one else left is there? :lol: