British Speedway Forum
gaztrotter

2010 Grand Prix wildcards

4 GP Wildcards confirmed as Lindgren, Andersen, Woffinden, and Harris - on the SGP website.

Terrible to chose Harris. In fact disgraceful. I would have chosen Eddie or Richardson over Harris any day of the week. Bomber has had his chance. in fact I would have chosen Nicholls over Bomber as well.

These people don't have a clue.

Terrible to chose Harris. In fact disgraceful. I would have chosen Eddie or Richardson over Harris any day of the week. Bomber has had his chance. in fact I would have chosen Nicholls over Bomber as well.

I'm not so sure Nicholls would have wanted it... in his interviews at the GPs towards the end of the year he said a couple of times he was looking forward to a year out of the GPs

Wolfie

omg i dont believe it, forced to agree with S S, too right bomber has had his chance, if anyone deserves a crack at it based on league form it has to be rico, nichols, no, not after last season, needs time away from gps to re stock

omg i dont believe it, forced to agree with S S, too right bomber has had his chance, if anyone deserves a crack at it based on league form it has to be rico, nichols, no, not after last season, needs time away from gps to re stock

Hasn't Richardson said in the past that he didn't want to be considered for the GPs as well?

Wolfie

For once, I agree with Steve !

Obviously a political decision to chose Chris Harris, to make up the two "token Brits", but, surely to god, Lee Richardson was more deserving of the second British nomination rather than Chris ?!?

Hasn't Richardson said in the past that he didn't want to be considered for the GPs as well?

Wolfie

yea i remember him saying that in the past , tho he recently has been making enough noise about he deserves to be in the GP`s now.

Shame he cant be bothered to do the qualifiers as he obviously expects to be wild carded all the time.

He has had his chance - the only way he should get in is if he qualifies in my opinion.

Not surprised about Bomber. Think being reigning champion has something to do with it.

Kennett whilst a forward thought i feel is nowhere near ready for the GPs yet.

Tai no surprise as it was obvious before the GPs finished he would be in it.

I can only agree with the above and guess that Lee turned the place down :neutral:

but, surely to god, Lee Richardson was more deserving of the second British nomination rather than Chris ?!?

For what reason??

He`s been there before and faired poorly.

I think that Tai Woffenden is a good choice, but do think that Bomber can consider himself to be very lucky, the other two are really no brainers.

For what reason??

Simply because he has had a better season than Chris pretty much in the UK, Sweden and Poland, which is just about everywhere !

If not Lee, then I would have given Kennett the nod over Chris, just cant see Chris having a better GP season in 2010 than in 2009. Hope I am wrong, but just cant see it at all !

Edited by jeffster

For what reason??

and Harris have not been fairly poor?

Edited by Ghostwalker

Can we please change the title of this thread? Harris, Woffinden, Lindgren and Andersen are seeded riders - they are not wildcards. The wildcard is the 16th rider (usually from the home country) nominated for each Grand Prix.

All the best

Rob

Simply because he has had a better season than Chris pretty much in the UK, Sweden and Poland, which is just about everywhere !

If not Lee, then I would have given Kennett the nod over Chris, just cant see Chris having a better GP season in 2010 than in 2009. Hope I am wrong, but just cant see it at all !

I agree on his form abroad. However the BSI want new blood not old and to be honest Richardson has shown scant regard to the qualification process. Always seems to withdraw with an injury. So that wont be looked on favourably im sure.

and Harris have not been fairly poor?

Both Harris and Richardson on a similar par GP form wise. Harris is younger and the reigning British Champion. Thats all it is really id say.

In truth i dont think Richardson was even considered for a pick.