British Speedway Forum
gaztrotter

2010 Grand Prix wildcards

Lindback hasn't earnt a chance cos he failed in the qualifiers, yes he has done 2 GP's in 2009 & was superb but couldn't do it when it mattered. Miedzinski is a very very long shot in any case.

well they are better riders then Harris and i think its very silly that a

rider can finish outside top 8 year after year and still get a a

nomination ahead of other better riders.

They deserve it just as much as Harris

It was the same with Nicholls who received nomination after

nomination despite failing top 8.

Now the story repeats its elf with Harris.

Again how many chances should Harris get? 4,5,6,7,8,9,10?

Harris haver failed three years in a row now and he have actually gone

backwards. He finished 9th the first year, 13th last year and 14th this seaso

and people actually think he still deserves a nomination?

and as far as i know Tai didn't go particularly far in the qualifiers either and

he is not better then any of the ones above.

And why should the qualifying process be the only decider about who's in or not?

Edited by Ghostwalker

Lindback hasn't earnt a chance cos he failed in the qualifiers, yes he has done 2 GP's in 2009 & was superb but couldn't do it when it mattered. Miedzinski is a very very long shot in any case.

But you could say that about every rider who didn't qualify by right. Harris failed to qualify via finishing in the top 8 and also failed via the GP Challenge. This is now his 4th nomination as a seeded rider which is becoming a bit comical.

if Holder had not qualified at Coventry the chances are he would not been given a wild card because of the perceived need to have 2 British riders in, despite the fact that he has more talent that the two of them put together.

Lets just remember throughout the GP season that Harris and Woffenden are there on selection, not on merit.

Well Lindgren would have qualifed and freed up another WC spot for Holder.

So you'd like to run the GP's with just 12 riders then?

Lindback, Davidsson and Zagar possibly worth more of a shout than Tai and Harris but all the while you go on about the Qualifier - 1 outta the 3 made it to the final!

and as far as i know Tai didn't go particularly far in the qualifiers either and

he is not better then any of the ones above.

Woffinden and Lindbäck were both eliminated at the Motala Semi Final. Woffinden scored 5 points, Lindbäck scored 7, with all the statistics neither will do much at GP level.

But on nationality Woffinden choose a winner, if he would have stayed an Aussie he would need to wait till Crump retired. Now he can guarantee the same 4 years as Harris regardless of results.

Well Lindgren would have qualifed and freed up another WC spot for Holder.

So you'd like to run the GP's with just 12 riders then?

Lindback, Davidsson and Zagar possibly worth more of a shout than Tai and Harris but all the while you go on about the Qualifier - 1 outta the 3 made it to the final!

How do you know Lingren would have freed up another spot for Holder. Take a step back from the present situation. Is it by any stretch of the imagination fair that riders get seeded through just because the are British while more talented riders are left out ?

I am not knocking Harris and Woofinden as individuals but the system of selection cannot be regarded as fair, especially as there are no fixed criteria selection, just opinions of officials.

Would I be right in saying that Chris Harris has NEVER qualified for the GP series

2007 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2008 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2009 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2010 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

Now I am all for giving people a chance but for goodness sake this is his 4th nomination for something he has NEVER qualified for

Taking the mickey if you ask me

In fairness 2009 was the first time Harris bothered with the qualifiers, can't remember anyone saying he should not have been considered in previous years as he didn't get through the qualifiers l

But on nationality Woffinden choose a winner, if he would have stayed an Aussie he would need to wait till Crump retired.

He didn't "change"... He has always ridden internationally as a Brit. Coz born in England of two English parents makes one, 100%, British!!!

Would I be right in saying that Chris Harris has NEVER qualified for the GP series

2007 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2008 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2009 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

2010 - Nominated as a Permanent wildcard

Now I am all for giving people a chance but for goodness sake this is his 4th nomination for something he has NEVER qualified for

Taking the mickey if you ask me

Chris, I thought Nicholls had a poor record (qualified 3 times, seeded 5 times) but it's nothing on Harris. Nothing against the bloke, but he shouldn't be in the series next year. This year he finished 14th out of 15. It seems ridiculous that riders of the quality of Lindback and Ward are not in the series, and yet Harris is.

EDIT: And Chris, there's no such thing as a permanent wildcard. He's either a seeded rider or a nominated rider. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

He didn't "change"... He has always ridden internationally as a Brit. Coz born in England of two English parents makes one, 100%, British!!!

Parsloes, for once we are in complete agreement. Woffinden is 100% British. In fact, some would say he's more British than Mark Loram. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Chris, I thought Nicholls had a poor record (qualified 3 times, seeded 5 times) but it's nothing on Harris. Nothing against the bloke, but he shouldn't be in the series next year. This year he finished 14th out of 15. It seems ridiculous that riders of the quality of Lindback and Ward are not in the series, and yet Harris is.

Totally agree.

Harris missed out on the top eight this year by 36 points. Last year he missed out by 22.

Since moving back to the 16 man field, has any other rider even come close to failing by so much and being let back in?

To put Chris' failure into perspective, In the last 3 years that Scotty received a nomination (2008, 2006 and 2005), he failed to make the cut by 3, 8 and 8 respectively....For all that we moaned about Scott getting those places, at least he was in contention for a top 8 slot....Harris has been a mile wide of the mark the last two years.

Just to add shame to his nomination, he even had the GP Challenge at his home track and STILL failed to get through.

It's utterly unbelievable that such serial failure can be rewarded with a place in the SGP again.

Totally agree.

Harris missed out on the top eight this year by 36 points. Last year he missed out by 22.

Since moving back to the 16 man field, has any other rider even come close to failing by so much and being let back in?

To put Chris' failure into perspective, In the last 3 years that Scotty received a nomination (2008, 2006 and 2005), he failed to make the cut by 3, 8 and 8 respectively....For all that we moaned about Scott getting those places, at least he was in contention for a top 8 slot....Harris has been a mile wide of the mark the last two years.

Just to add shame to his nomination, he even had the GP Challenge at his home track and STILL failed to get through.

It's utterly unbelievable that such serial failure can be rewarded with a place in the SGP again.

A very good point!

It's an extraordinary decision.. :shock:

Wuffy by all means. look forward to seeing him in GP he won't let himself down especially if his dad makes it to see him in a GP. but harris? what a joke. plenty more entertaining than him. lindback would have been good. zagar might have been interesting but seeing chris finish 14th to 16th every round aint my idea of fun.

and where does this wuffy is not a brit nonsense come from?

it seems that brit speedway fans and certain commentators who should know better have never heard of rob woffinden and scunthorpe. young wuffy will do the country proud i have no doubt.

The powers that be decided that there should be 2 Brits in the series,probably for commercial reasons, but the 2 that are in it are the correct 2 to be chosen in my opinion.

You can argue for the whole closed season if you want but its the original decision that should be called into question not the chosing of Harris and Woffinden.

Just as a point are there any former GP winners that ar'n't in the 2010 GP series?

4 poor choices

Woffy not good enough yet and stll acting like a baby .....

Hans gone backwards in the last two years and looks on the slide

Freddie ...is clueless on the bigger tracks and looks like the new scott nicholls will never finish in the top eight and has to rely on the begging bowl every year .

Harris ....a complete joke