British Speedway Forum

Mudgway looked very good tonight. Made a few good passes, held off some good riders and whilst last in various heats he was well on the pace with most of the riders in front of him. B)

Must admit I wasnt to impressed when the Mudgway signing was announced but he is certainly proving me wrong.As you say he was well on the pace tonight and a very impressive 2nd place in his 3rd ride will help his confidence.

Wasn't Ben Barker meant to be there?

It was announced last night that Barker had been called up to ride in a trial by his Polish club.

An enjoyable night,a good crowd and well done to the organisers who got 20Hts in the main meeting plus 3 demo races from Ermolenko and Stancl over by just after 9pm.

On a super slick track passing was at a premium but after a couple of wet days maybe that held up track prep.Having said that I dont think anyone would have got any where near Harris who was the star of the field,5 good starts,a couple of clever 1st corners and the job was done.Elite League riders filled the 1st 2 places on the rostrum but Doolan took a deserved 3rd place,2pts after 2 rides he then won his next 3.

Good to meet Tsunami,B4L,YamYamBandit and finally Seedef :approve:.

Glad everything went well for you lot last night, Bomber seems to like your track.

Next weekend Bandits v Comets :D

Next weekend Bandits v Comics :D

Indeed...Soooooooooooooooo looking forward to Friday... :D

Anyways... onto last night's meeting... And one i thoroughly enjoyed (or would have had my shoulder and back not given me so many problems ).. Excellent crowd for Michal... Passing was at a good level I think considering it was only a fun meeting... Track immaculate... Thr drive quite a few of 'em were getting off 2nd and 4th bends.. well, it quite reminded me of old times (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).. One move in particular from Wilko against Ashworth and Branney was spectacular and what we were used to seeing every week in 2005... Honestly don't think they knew what hit 'em :lol: Bomber was just a class above everyone else... Sharp from the gate and really taking no prisoners at all... It honestly looked like he was trying to get close to his TR!

On our boys... My first showing of Jade at Shielfield and I like what I see... Even when he was up with the big boys he did not disgrace himself at all... Amazing that he held off Kenny Bjerre.... A sign of things to come for us I'd say... Adrian; everyone had a pop at him last week?!?! Why?? I think looking at him last night the only thing he needs to get sorted is his sharpness from the gate... Looked slightly down on what I have seen in previous seasons (I'm still confident he can kick Comic ass though :wink: ) Michal; he may have been showing off (he he) but we saw him using the drive off bends 3 and 4 to his advantage on more than one occasion... YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Branney; may not have mixed it too much last night, but hell.. He's a PL reserve.. I'm not worried at all... Very happy from what I seen with them!

Also, excellent to see such a good turn out at his do afterwards.. Pretty gutted I didn't manage to win Adrian Rymel's race bib but nstead me and the sis worked on getting a Sam Ermolenko beach poster... he he he!!

Personally, a very good and entertaining meeting for a hell of a rider...

Now... Bring on Workington...

So glad the weather behaved so that Michal could have his well deserved night.Best of luck with the twins!!

Great night at Berwick, track was first class, well done to all of the lads who raced, presentation was great, very slick, and the pie's were great! And to top it all....the fans were great as always. Well done to the Berwick promoters, you've really turned the place around.

PS. You'll be alright at Berwick Jade, you're doing fine, you've got the fans behind you, well done.

"The Mackem"

Wasn't Ben Barker meant to be there?

Ben Barker was ment to be there yes, the story we were told about him being called up to poland was rubbish, because he was at the stoke match last night, he just couldnt be bothered to come up, joker.

Ben Barker was ment to be there yes, the story we were told about him being called up to poland was rubbish, because he was at the stoke match last night, he just couldnt be bothered to come up, joker.

Then thats very disapointing especially as he rode so well for us when guesting and was very complementry about our track.

Then thats very disapointing especially as he rode so well for us when guesting and was very complementry about our track.

exactly, and when you consider guys like doyle got himself all the way up here from Poole, really isnt very good that Barker just didnt bother, instead preferring buffet island and taking in the stoke defeat, hopefully he isnt asked back to Berwick in the future.

Why wasn't Clews there? :unsure:

Why wasn't Clews there? :unsure:

He was unable to attend last nights meeting.

exactly, and when you consider guys like doyle got himself all the way up here from Poole, really isnt very good that Barker just didnt bother, instead preferring buffet island and taking in the stoke defeat, hopefully he isnt asked back to Berwick in the future.

Full credit to Doyle to coming up showing the commitment to Michal. That's Aussies for you and usually in Sports they don't do badly.

I remember a Berwick fan saying believe what you hear from the club. If you are correct CT (which I think you are) it doesn't say much for Ben in a meeting I thought he could have scored well in. If Ben couldn't make it (well crap happens)but posting he's off to Stoke of all places is a bit disrespectful to Michal but oh well.

Observations from last night

Mudgway impressed and I think he will justify his starting average in the main team or not

Doyle did very well along with Kevin Doolan while it looks like Tomas Topinka will take a few weeks to get going.

Lyons after a duff ride really rode well not that his team are struggling.

We still haven't seen Rymel or Makovsky at there best (at home) both are struggling from the traps at the moment. With Complin out we really need these two at there best to have a successful start to the season.

Really great night to be had by all, there was truelly some great speedway on show. :approve:

Great to meet Bigeddie yamyam and all the usual Diamond suspects again but it is a very good feeling when you meet a bsf poster for the 1st time and they are as fantastic in reality as they are in cyber so i am pleased to say i finally met the everfriendly screm :approve:

Well Done Kenni.

Unfortunately my prediction of Kenneth Bjerre proved as accurate as B4L's we will be lucky to hit 30 :wink:

Last but not least HAPPY BIRTHDAY KZB :approve:

Really great night to be had by all, there was truelly some great speedway on show. :approve:

Great to meet Bigeddie yamyam and all the usual Diamond suspects again but it is a very good feeling when you meet a bsf poster for the 1st time and they are as fantastic in reality as they are in cyber so i am pleased to say i finally met the everfriendly screm :approve:

Well Done Kenni.

Unfortunately my prediction of Kenneth Bjerre proved as accurate as B4L's we will be lucky to hit 30 :wink:

Last but not least HAPPY BIRTHDAY KZB :approve:

Thats very good of you but the pleasue was all mine,didnt get much of a word in thanks to Mr YamYam but Im sure we will meet again. :approve: