British Speedway Forum
IW08

2010 World Cup Calendar

Hey, don't make it too deep. The Slovenians are coming again ... :)

Best of Antipodean Luck, Tomas!! The chance of another match race between messrs Crump & Zagar should make this a must-see meeting.

The track is usually well-prepared and should provide plenty of excitement; Rob Lyon's young GB side can only improve next year and as long as they get the temporary stands sorted it should be a Ripper!

Delighted to see the UK has yet another humdinger of a round. :approve:

The Norfolk Arena is absolutely the right choice too.

looking forward already

Says who? Christ no wonder us in the pie and chips league get fed up with some EL fans when comments like that are made.

You obviously haven't been to KL recently. Their facilities are fine and the stadium has improvement greatly. The back straight has been refurbished and there is a temporary grandstand that was erected on the 3/4 bends when they hosted the stock car world final.

:rolleyes:

:mad:

What a load of tosh. Have you been there recently? I doubt it from your comment.

EL fans are up in arms and we all know why. Their noses have been put out of joint.

Was there mid season old girl. Unless they have stuck a new 2000 capacity stand on the backstraight then the NA with its lack of facilities should be nowhere near a meeting like this.

As said earlier, nice work if you can get it Jonny.

Was there mid season old girl. Unless they have stuck a new 2000 capacity stand on the backstraight then the NA with its lack of facilities should be nowhere near a meeting like this.

back straight being refurbished with new stands, 3rd/4th turn will have extra seating in.

what did Rye House do for the U21s other than have to move the ref's box?

Dear me. We'll be going from a top class spanking new stadium in Gorzow to the dump that is the NA. You couldn't make it up. Yes the Chipmunks have given it a lick of paint in the last couple of years, but its still not good. How they can be given a meeting of this standing with the facilities on offer is a joke. Is the backstraight still condemned? Couple of crappy stands on the home straight and a few sheds on bend four plus some raised terracing on bends 1/2. Forget watching elsewhere as you will be looking at a fence all night. Will they clean the royal box seats for this meeting as last season there was dirt and crap all over them?

Chipmunks must surely have to bring in temp stands, but even so why do they deserve a meeting of this stature. Nothing wrong with the track as long as the Chipmunks don't f*ck it up like they have on a few occasions, but for a club owning the stadium and offering the facilities they will then its poor. Young Jonny looks to have got his feet firmly under the table at the BSPA. SWC meeting and the fours at the NA next season. Nice work if you can get it Jonny.

Sort of sums the sport up in this country and why its not taken seriously when you go to holes like these places for supposed big meetings.

Dear oh dear this comes from a Rye Slickville House fan very funny man :lol::lol::lol: very funny this must be a joke :lol::lol: i,m still laughing this comes from a Rye House fan lol lol lol - A big well done to all at the NA on getting this event i for one is really looking forward to this meeting .

Couldn't have more passionately polarised opinions on this one eh?

I guess I am in the minority by not really minding either way which British track this event has been allocated to.

Bottom line is that despite this being the World Cup and possibly the second biggest international event in the UK behind the British GP, we don't have stand-out stadiums to step up to the plate. The GP is at the Millennium and wherever is chosen to host the SWC round, it is a big, big step down.

Couldn't have more passionately polarised opinions on this one eh?

I guess I am in the minority by not really minding either way which British track this event has been allocated to.

Bottom line is that despite this being the World Cup and possibly the second biggest international event in the UK behind the British GP, we don't have stand-out stadiums to step up to the plate. The GP is at the Millennium and wherever is chosen to host the SWC round, it is a big, big step down.

Couldn't agree more. Its a big gap between Millennium and the run-down Dog Tracks (Oooops :oops: nearly forgot the Monarchs) and Goat Tracks that make up British Speedway Stadiums.

There were two big temporary stands when I was there late October. I imagine they will be in place again. Given the history of the Chapmans behaviour where Monarchs are concerned, I am the last fan likely to support KL, but after two visits there this season I would say it is one of the best stadia I have visited - certainly the best set-up in the PL and better than the EL tracks I have been to - Eastbourne, BV, Wolves Swindon and Oxford when they were running.

I only do a few away meetings further south but I will definately be at KL next season.

If this meeting is half as good as this years at Peterborough then we are in for a cracker. Not been to King's Lynn for many a year and looking on the NA website it look's like it has changed a bit since my last visit, or the photos could be deceptive. But i am looking forward to it already!

PS; agree with heathen79's comments about our lack of good qulity stadiums, but speedway does have its hands tied in many respects.

If this meeting is half as good as this years at Peterborough then we are in for a cracker.

And who did the track for that meeting ? Buster Chapman of course.

Brilliant news. Really looking forward to this meeting, what a great year for King's Lynn, we win the treble and now the news that we are staging a World Cup event in 2010 well I'm feeling quite smug at the moment :wink: . Was great at Peterborough this year and I can't see why it can't be a great meeting at the NA next year. Love them or hate them the Chapmans and Rob Lyon have put so much effort into the stadium and the track and it has shown that it's paid off so, well done for getting this meeting, it's great for the club.

Hi Daniel x

Says who? Christ no wonder us in the pie and chips league get fed up with some EL fans when comments like that are made.

You obviously haven't been to KL recently. Their facilities are fine and the stadium has improvement greatly. The back straight has been refurbished and there is a temporary grandstand that was erected on the 3/4 bends when they hosted the stock car world final.

:rolleyes:

What a load of tosh. Have you been there recently? I doubt it from your comment.

EL fans are up in arms and we all know why. Their noses have been put out of joint.

My only gripe is that being held in the middle of the week, many of us will be unable to attend.

But a sub-standard stadium and facilities for an event of this size..... :rolleyes:

After such a successful event at Peterborough last year, I felt sure they would hold it there again this year, and cannot understand why it isn't ! Kings b****y Lynn of all places......grrr ! Watching speedwway crammed into a grandstand only fit for Ronnie Corbett, or through a birdcage....? No thanks. I'll be watching on the telly this time....grrrrrr ! Even Coventry would have been better - at least it has a more central location going for it...... :mad:

You obviously have never been to a stock car final at King's Lynn to see what kind of crowds they get in the stadium....

that birdcage is there for a reason, its called Health and Safety.... :rolleyes:

sadly all roads don't lead to Peterborough as far as World Speedway events are concerned as much as you'd like them too!

You watch it on your telly, I'm sure noone will even notice you're not there. :P

You obviously have never been to a stock car final at King's Lynn to see what kind of crowds they get in the stadium....

that birdcage is there for a reason, its called Health and Safety.... :rolleyes:

sadly all roads don't lead to Peterborough as far as World Speedway events are concerned as much as you'd like them too!

You watch it on your telly, I'm sure noone will even notice you're not there. :P

And for a Peterborough fan to say we have sub standard stadium and facilities is a joke, lets have a look what they have.

They have burger van for there 50 fans a week / we have a burger van, 3 cafe's & a pasta bar :P

They have toilets / So do we :P

They have a grand stand to seat 2000 people / we will have seating in place for about the same at the event :P

They have cold wet, slippery grass bank to stand on / we have great high stepped concrete banking all the way round

They had to have our promotor prepare their race track last year, that says a lot to me

While not totally suprised by some comments on this thread its a shame that some have chosen to be so negative about the choice of venue. Coventry, Peterborough and Reading have all hosted SWC meetings in recent years so I see no reason why the Norfolk Arena can't.

Rather than rearding the club for their 'lack of ambition' perhaps it is a reward for the tireless work which has gone into the stadium over the past ten years or so to turn it into what it is today. The track is proven to produce great action amongst world class riders when prepared correctly and will provide a great meeting I am sure.

Looking forward to it immensley. Hopefully Team GB will have regular practice at the track and its prepared to their liking for the night!