British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Statman

Somerset Rebels 10 Year Anniversary Meeting

This meeting has all the makings of a GP round. Congratulations to the Rebels promotion for putting together such a virtually world class field.

What a thrill and a joy it will be for the Somerset fans to see such top riders in action on their shale. I'm really happy for them; yet a little sad that some posters appear to take such a negative - even grudging attitude.

Come on now. We Elite League club supporters have the great privilege of seeing the Crumps and Pedersens regularly in action on our tracks, let's not begrudge the lower league fans the privilege we sometimes take for granted. we're all enthusiasts of the 'family' support.

To the Rebels fans I would just say 'Have a great time.'

why the moaning about filling the meeting with riders who dont ride over here.thats why a good percentage of travelling will go.got to be more attractive than having riders who will be riding there at least a couple of times over the season.well done somerset i say :wink:

Wish I had a quid for everytime I've heard that, or words to that effect, from a female member of the human race Mother T! :rolleyes: Guess every other male member of this forum, or indeed on this island would too! :wink::lol:

Hey Bryn, don't you tar all us women with the same brush, I'm going to Somerset definitely lured by the big names, and I can't wait :)

Emil Sayfutdinov will be riding at Somerset on Friday 19 March. What a scoop for a Premier League track, Crumpie and the Russian.

Obviously Emil looked at all the tracks in Britain, Elite and Premier and decided the Oak Tree Arena was the best to make his British debut. The only time you will see these two riders for only £13.

Yeh, he's testing the water and British air, in readiness for his signing for Poole next season!! :wink: Simular shaped tracks!

Yeh, he's testing the water and British air, in readiness for his signing for Poole next season!! :wink: Simular shaped tracks!

Yeah looking at the weather forecast he may literally be testing the water! :rolleyes: Fingers crossed it is wrong as usual.

Edited by drew2

There are some great riders racing over here and yeah fill the meeting with those from the EL, we have to look after our own, those who want/are making the effort to race here! I don't care who they have, I'm not going anyway, just making a point that's all.

Yeah but Trees there is a bigger picture here,It is a celebration of 10 years at Somerset,from what was once just a farmer's field and has gone on ten years later to be one of the best racetracks in the country,and having some of the world's best riders there on this occasion just shows what is possible, and is a reward for the fans to see guys that they may not see in action apart from Sky or Cardiff for the whole season as Najjer says.

Sure it is going to increase the crowd,some reward for those loyal fans from the past ten seasons who stuck with the Rebels through thick and thin.(I don't include myself in that-just a very occasional visitor)

In this part of the country unless you can pay to travel miles this sort of lineup is a treat with no disregard to other riders not chosen.

Think of the likes of the fans from deepest Cornwall,gonna take em at least three hours to get there-This region is not central to the rest of the country people do not just pop over to Coventry,Poole,Swindon etc and the chances of seeing riders you only see on TV racing live at Somerset is a one off at a more than reasonable price.Theyaint charging £25 a ticket which other meetings have!!!

Fairplay to everyone at Somerset for putting this on,looking at the bigger picture,giving the fans what they dont often get a chance to see and hope they are rewarded with a bumper crowd.

I Bet a fair few riders who arent racing but would like to be will be there to witness it

Edited by Nevs

Yeah looking at the weather forecast he may literally be testing the water! :rolleyes: Fingers crossed it is wrong as usual.

Yes,I hope the forcast is wrong as well.

Apparently,Friday is also the start of the caravaning season,so be prepared to pass plenty of those ghastly things on the motorway :lol:

Yes,I hope the forcast is wrong as well.

Apparently,Friday is also the start of the caravaning season,so be prepared to pass plenty of those ghastly things on the motorway :lol:

You think that's bad enough - we have to put up with them in Burnham all bloody summer.

You think that's bad enough - we have to put up with them in Burnham all bloody summer.

Nowt wrong with them Najjer as they pay my wages! :lol:

Mads Kornwhatshisface and Cameron Woodward replace Roman Povaszhny and Charlie Gjeede.

Was hoping to come along for this but the forecast is not good. Rain due around 4 pm. Hope its very late.

Coming over for this tomorrow, was just wondering if anyone from around the area could let me know if there are any road works on the M5 or on the way there from Newport?

Having worked over that way for two years I know there normally is!

would love to have done this one but afta a wasted trip to swindon tonite and the weather forecast looking poo im afraid im not gonna risk it :cry: