British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
i love tractors

Tomasz Gollob

I have just read the speedway section in todays Daily Star which is written by Peter Oakes. He claims Tomasz earned over £1,000,000 last year from his Polish, Swedish and GP racing! It also said that this didn't include his sponsor money. :wink:

Oh that's why he doesn't want/need to race in GB! oh well eh!

I have just read the speedway section in todays Daily Star which is written by Peter Oakes. He claims Tomasz earned over £1,000,000 last year from his Polish, Swedish and GP racing! It also said that this didn't include his sponsor money. :wink:

And Worth every penny ,what a racer

He also put that Jason and Nicki only got half that amount!

Jason and Nicki would both get loads more if they "TRicked" they GP service for their sponsors.

I saw a link to the list of the top 100 earning Polish sports stars yesterday, and Gollob was 9th on that with 4,820,000 zloty, which I guess works out at just over a million quid. However, that sum included his sponsorship income, which they stated to be 2 million zloty.

Other speedway riders I saw on the list were Rune Holta (2,560,000), Sebastian Ulamek (1,890,000), Grzegorz Walasek (1,770,000), Piotr Protasiewicz (1,560,000*), Krzysztof Kasprzak (1,500,000), Adrian Miedzinski (1,350,000), Rafal Dobrucki (1,300,000), Wieslaw Jagus (1,300,000), Janusz Kolodziej (1,000,000).

* Although PePe is listed as having earned 1.56 million, the breakdown they give (1.1million from Falubaz, 0.35million from Indianerna and 0.2million from his sponsors) actually totals 1.65 so this figure may be wrong.

If that's true, Rune Holta is earning more than both Jason and Nicki...Somehow, I doubt that :wink:

Edited by HenryW

If that's true, Rune Holta is earning more than both Jason and Nicki...Somehow, I doubt that :wink:

The Norwegian 2010 world champion to be is worth every penny of that! :wink:

And here's the article:

TRACK ACE TOMASZ TOPS £1M

ABOVE: Poland skipper Tomasz Gollob is the first rider to break through the £1m-a-year pay barrier 3rd February 2010 By Peter OakesYour Shout ( 0 )

POLAND skipper Tomasz Gollob is the first rider to break through the £1m-a-year pay barrier.

The World Cup hero has not raced in Britain since turning out for Ipswich in 2000.

But he’s still rated the highest-paid racer in the world with annual wages last season of £1,038,121.

The figure is based on official on-track earnings in Poland and Sweden but doesn’t take into account his sponsorship deals.

Gollob, 38, is ranked as the ninth highest-paid sportsman in Poland, with F1 ace Robert Kubica No.1 on £3,661,000.

Gollob has been a national hero for more than a decade and finished runner-up in last year’s world championship.

Australian world champion Jason Crump, 34, and Danish rival Nicki Pedersen, 32, are believed to earn in excess of £500,000 a season.

taken from Daily Star

Well, as I said, the list that I saw had Gollob earning that much, but it definitely said it included his sponsorship income....and I think I would probably believe any source over the Daily Star :P

BTW: I have had it pointed out that I missed the great Jarek Hampel off my list earlier....He earned 2.3million zloty according to se.pl, putting him at number 26 of the Polish sports earners...Full list of the top 100 can be found here: http://www.se.pl/sport/zlota-setka-2009/

It's about time speedway riders got into the million £££££ mark. I'm sick to death of hearing about footballers on silly wages each week. It's nice to hear that our rider's are getting paid what they deserve. Gollob is nothing shy of world class & deserves the money he earns along with everyone else who gets on a speedway bike.

Simon.

Obscene amount of money for a bloke who rides a bike around in circles for a living.

Obscene amount of money for a bloke who rides a bike around in circles for a living.

So what price do you put on your life then,as these lads put their neck on the line every time they go to the tapes.

Well,I for one will be going to watch Mr Gollob and Mr Pedersen in action for Gorzow against Bydgoszcz in April! Less than a £100 for flights and accommodation for the weekend in Poland! :wink:

So what price do you put on your life then,as these lads put their neck on the line every time they go to the tapes.

For what benefit?