British Speedway Forum

Just had text from NA saying they are not due rain and weather is good

Have I mentioned I love you lately? :lol:

Looking forward to seeing how the class of 2010 get on tonight.

Hopefully we'll see enough promise in Wortmann and Wallace to give us hope for the season ahead.

Bring it on B)

Couldn't see the link so Updates Here

The Know-alls are in the bar; decent crowd gathering; weather O.K.; fingers crossed for a good 'un.

Best of Luck Mark.

R.I.P. Ash. Regards and Respect.

when was the last time Lynn got beat at home?

tonight

A good meeting - certainly a fitting tribute to Ash :approve:

A good meeting - certainly a fitting tribute to Ash :approve:

Agree totally Chris....was a nice little meeting tonight in memory of one of our own. :approve:

Obviously this meeting was in meeting of Ashley Jones but i cannot remember KL being beat at home for a while. :shock: Well done to all.

Well done Chris Schramm!

Obviously this meeting was in meeting of Ashley Jones but i cannot remember KL being beat at home for a while. :shock: Well done to all.

Birmingham 2008

Not a bad meeting for a season opener with some competitive races and no quarter given is some races.

The Stars in general looked sluggish from the tapes which is to be expected for the first meeting but the top 4 all certainly showed they will form a competitive spearhead for the season, especially at home.

Topinka – Still looking a class act.

Eklof – Missed the gate in nearly every ride but looked quick enough. Not too worried on this performance.

Smith – Promising showing from Kozza and he never looked like falling off once

Haines – Electric in his first two rides but tailed off towards the end. Maybe fitness related after his long injury lay off but he will rack up big points at home.

Doolan – The king is back. The only man to get the better of Proctor :approve:

Wortmann – I thought he looked pretty good apart from his gating. Certainly looks quick enough but just lost too much from the tapes.

Wallace – A difficult debut for Ricky. Fell off when comfortably 3rd in Heat 2 and seemed to be suffering from bike problems. Difficult to judge anything from this performance.

Proctor – Looked really good. Obviously loves riding the NA at it showed.

Brundle – Really surprised by how well he rode after his long lay off. Looked quick from the starts and rode intelligently all night.

Mills – Another who really got stuck and didn’t give an inch all night.

Schramm – Surprising last place in Heat 3 but got better as the night when on and had a convincing win in Heat 14.

Allen – Won his first three rides with electric starts but not able to pass Topinka or Doolan in Heats 13 and 15

Jones – Had problems with the bends 1&2 in his opening two rides, the second one saw him clatter into Olly Allen and they both came off. Olly didn’t look too chuffed. Must have been a difficult night for him but looking forward to seeing his return to the NA with the Newport NL side.

Lambert – Another always involved in the action. Glad to see he got up and was ok after a heavy looking fall in Heat 12.

I wouldn’t read too much in the result. I don’t think there is a PL team that will come to Lynn this season with a team packed full with as many riders that good at the NA. If we lose against Rye House next Wednesday, then I’ll worry :shock::lol:

Overall, the meeting wasn't about winners or losers, just a fitting tribute to the memory of Ash :approve: