British Speedway Forum

Was this not the same ref who did the play-off final between Wolves & Swindon?.

Is this ref the same bloke that tried his hand as a mechanic few years ago :o often seen at Reading or in Czecho during the Golden Helmet

He was also the same bloke that was the Reading Mascot back in the 80's. He was known as The Prat in The Parrot Suit then, but will henceforth be known in the Bobbin' household as The Berk in The Box...

I know I'm about to incur the wrath of everyone here, and ignoring the technology argument, as I didn't have that last night, I thought that Dave Robinson got most decisions right, but I sit in front of the referees box and get the same view.

Artur moved, both times, be it only slightly second time, but live on the night I thought he'd moved. I would concede that having come home and seen it again on the recording it was minimal, actually looked lees than 'live'.

I thought Jason Doyle fell on his own, and while the dirt deflector argument was made it was not clear in my mind on the replays, allied to the fact that Jason was not in a good position on the track which could have suggested (not that I'm saying he did) that he put the bike down.

I thought the decision to exclude Hougaard was right and a brave decision. I said at the time, and it was confirmed on the replays at home, that Hougaard looked accross at Bjarne's position on the track before cutting accross him and taking his front wheel. I don't think that he meant to bring him down, but blatantly cutting accross the line of another rider like that is not right, technically in front or not.

Just my view folks. Two sides to every argument.

I agree with you as well. I thought the ref made the correct decisions.

Artur correctly got thrown out after a warning.

Jason tried the Sam Ermolenko cheats trick of staying down at the slightest touch hoping to get a rerun. You did not see Tai doing that in the GP to get a rerun, or Hans last night, fair play to the two of them. Jason rightly excluded for being the cause of the stoppage of the race.

If anything the decision to exclude Hougaard was the incorrect one, but justified by Patrick moving out off line. Although i have seen Bjarne do much worse than that at Poole because you have to move out so much to get out the dirt line on the 2nd bend. If that was Nicki P getting excluded he would have been spitting feathers....

Bjarne played for that one, he knew Hougard would cut across him and planted his leg there.

I doubt that........................very much.......................I have to admit that I disagreed with some of the decisions made...................but some were right but in the case of Hougaard/Doyle.............Hougaard should have gone meaning that a second re run was not necessary....................

But then again is any referee spot on every time??????????? I think not......................

RP

He was also the same bloke that was the Reading Mascot back in the 80's. He was known as The Prat in The Parrot Suit then, but will henceforth be known in the Bobbin' household as The Berk in The Box...

So basically he became a referee because he couldnt be a mascot anymore - :lol:

I have to agree,the ref did not have the best of matches.He should never have excluded Hougaard.Pedersen was looking for it and went down like a lead balloon at the faintest of contact.

The bottom line is that Dave Robinson is a very poor referee

Agreed.

I have only seen this ref once before.... NL meeting between B'Mouth & IOW at same track.

Both IOW riders excluded in one race... for the same crash!!

If memory serves....Tom Brown for falling & Scott Meakins for laying bike down to avoid hitting him.

Utter plank.

Bjarne played for that one, he knew Hougard would cut across him and planted his leg there.

Correct. Bjarne tried to cut across from gate 4.. and didn't get there. He put himself into the situation. If you watch the replay, when they reach the corner, Hougaard is still right on the inside, with Pedersen trying to angle across him. It was obvious Hougaard would move out, which is the correct thing to do as a rider. The contact occured before midtrack, so the argument that Pedersen had 'nowhere to go' is rubbish also.

Correct. Bjarne tried to cut across from gate 4.. and didn't get there. He put himself into the situation. If you watch the replay, when they reach the corner, Hougaard is still right on the inside, with Pedersen trying to angle across him. It was obvious Hougaard would move out, which is the correct thing to do as a rider. The contact occured before midtrack, so the argument that Pedersen had 'nowhere to go' is rubbish also.

Yes that is what we were saying at the track, Pedersen had come so far across off gate 4, when he realised he hadn't quite got across Hougaard he stuck his leg out to ensure there was contact (thats a Nicki Pedersen favourite) then bailed out.

Exactly what we thought about Bjarne! Contrast his gate 4 with Darcy Ward's line from that gate! I reckon start marshalls should make sure riders are pointing straight at the gate not at an angle!

TBH none of the three riders should have been excluded, at least it didn't affect the meeting overall.

I agree with you as well. I thought the ref made the correct decisions.

Artur correctly got thrown out after a warning.

Jason tried the Sam Ermolenko cheats trick of staying down at the slightest touch hoping to get a rerun. You did not see Tai doing that in the GP to get a rerun, or Hans last night, fair play to the two of them. Jason rightly excluded for being the cause of the stoppage of the race.

If anything the decision to exclude Hougaard was the incorrect one, but justified by Patrick moving out off line. Although i have seen Bjarne do much worse than that at Poole because you have to move out so much to get out the dirt line on the 2nd bend. If that was Nicki P getting excluded he would have been spitting feathers....

I agree too, maybe....just maybe, it could've been all 4 back in the initial running of heat 3, but there's also a case,as pointed out here, for the decision that Dave Robinson made.

It also wasn't mentioned on Sky that Artur had got a warning, in which case correct decision by the ref.

Cant recall the meeting he officiated at Arena which incensed everyone (it was not recent) but certainly do not remember his name (Mr Robinson) with any great fondness, same applies for Chris Durno and Paul Carrington but they really are all as bad as each other when it comes down to it and their arrogant self centered attitude does not help their cause, never quite understood why the ref boxes we have are not made of Ivory :rolleyes:

The bottom line is the referee was a joke and should be sacked,incompetence like this makes the sport look ridiculous.

Still i expect he will referee a gp soon no doubt.

The bottom line is the referee was a joke and should be sacked,incompetence like this makes the sport look ridiculous.

Still i expect he will referee a gp soon no doubt.

Afraid that it isn't the bottom line.

Simply reading this thread will see many different points of view on ALL of the incidents.

And as for incompetent refereering making a sport look ridiculous... very far fetched comment. Are football, cricket & numerous other sports also ridiculous? They suffer from poor refereeing decisions also.

Edited by BWitcher