British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

I thought it was a fantastic advert for the sport tonight, absolutely brilliant icon_smile_approve.gif

I hope we get a decent performance on Saturday but if not, at least we are in the final this year. Think Rob Lyons got the riding order spot on as well, Richardson going out first in the last set of heats after the track would have been graded, we needed a gater and then having Bomber and Scotty going out in the last 2 high pressure heats was a good call also.

I thought Simon Stead looked a much better rider than we have seen in recent years, probably down to the fact he is settled at a club that appreciate and support him. Tai beating Holder was the highlight for me though, fantastic icon_smile_approve.gif

Edited by CMV06

To coin Mr Holder & co............BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Don't forget wooooooohhaaaaaaaa :P

Do you have Specsavers in Poland ?

Think he was spot on the first 14 or 15 heats hardly had a pass ...it was only the latter part of the meeting that the racing was good and to be fair it was very good .

At last the public were given something to shout about, the home riders have called for support and got it when they gave something to support :D

Tai - not a GB man look at his reactions when watching races and that face on the podiom said it all - time to leave him alone and get behind him :lol:

Holder and his team , showed arrogance when Stead was excluded and thought all over, a learning curve for them :approve:

Vojens OH DEAR never mind :sad:

Ended up a reasonably good meeting in the end after a snoozefest first half. The track wasn't great to be honest but when you get the better riders they will try different lines. Thought heat 22 was the pick of the bunch with Lindgren coming from last to first and Ward battling at the back with Woffinden.

Happy we made the final. Made hard work of it around there and really the Aussies must be kicking themselves in a golden chance missed. If it had been somewhere like Monmore it would have been a hell of a lot easier for Team GB.

Thought the crowd was good but not perhaps as big as it should have been. Perhaps the fact that it was at Kings Lynn and on a Monday stopped many from travelling.

So we make the final which is great news. If it had been the race off it would have been game over for another year.

Happy... Happy... Happy days, that was simply the best Speedway meeting ever :approve:

Bring on the Poland !!! :wink:

Not sure i would agree with your first statement, you obviously wasn't around to see the 2004 race off and final from a world cup point of view.

Tonight i don't think this is a result the Aussies would have wanted, as Voyans will not suit the Aussies, and with the Danes there you would find more dirt on the M27!!

If in was in Craigs shoes i would take a long hard look at Rory Schlein, because i would be very tempted to recall Adams. As for Team GB, the old boys rode well, Nicholls shot off Gate 3 in ht 25, why couldn't he have done that in 2004, eventhough that was off Gate 1.

Nobody will beat the poles!!!

Edited by Starman2006

Fantastic meeting tonight, well done to Team GB lets see what we can conjure up in Vojens on Thurs

I thought it was a fantastic advert for the sport tonight, absolutely brilliant icon_smile_approve.gif

I hope we get a decent performance on Saturday but if not, at least we are in the final this year. Think Rob Lyons got the riding order spot on as well, Richardson going out first in the last set of heats after the track would have been graded, we needed a gater and then having Bomber and Scotty going out in the last 2 high pressure heats was a good call also.

I thought Simon Stead looked a much better rider than we have seen in recent years, probably down to the fact he is settled at a club that appreciate and support him. Tai beating Holder was the highlight for me though, fantastic icon_smile_approve.gif

Not been to Saddlebow Rd since 1988 & christ it was a toilet back then, however the track has always been up there amongst the best, stadium looks like it's been dragged into the 21st century as well, what happened to the main stands on the home straight?

Cracking meeting, top result & good work from team GB.......

A word of caution, the Aussies with Crump & Adams will be a different prospect as will either the Swedes or Danes on a super slick Vojens. Third place in the final will be a result

Excellent stuff from all the GB boys, they all had memorable rides and Scott & Bomber were magnificent. I think that Scott put a few of the doubters on this board in their place and proved what a superb rider he is. Form is temporary but class is permanent and always comes to the fore at the end of the day.It was also great to see Tai wanting to be one of the Brits enjoying his racing and proudly joining in singing the National anthem-Very well done Tai.

Ended up a reasonably good meeting in the end after a snoozefest first half. The track wasn't great to be honest but when you get the better riders they will try different lines. Thought heat 22 was the pick of the bunch with Lindgren coming from last to first and Ward battling at the back with Woffinden.

Happy we made the final. Made hard work of it around there and really the Aussies must be kicking themselves in a golden chance missed. If it had been somewhere like Monmore it would have been a hell of a lot easier for Team GB.

Thought the crowd was good but not perhaps as big as it should have been. Perhaps the fact that it was at Kings Lynn and on a Monday stopped many from travelling.

So we make the final which is great news. If it had been the race off it would have been game over for another year.

Really I have read some rubbish on this forum over the years but this must take the biscuit ! The problem is that you are not used to seeing racing of this quality - there is nothing wrong with KL probably the best 'racing track ' in the UK and the facilities are well up to standard as has been told by several on this forum who actually went to the meeting. My bet is that if any EL team had a crowd a third the size of this one they would be laughing all the way to the bank!

Really I have read some rubbish on this forum over the years but this must take the biscuit ! The problem is that you are not used to seeing racing of this quality - there is nothing wrong with KL probably the best 'racing track ' in the UK and the facilities are well up to standard as has been told by several on this forum who actually went to the meeting. My bet is that if any EL team had a crowd a third the size of this one they would be laughing all the way to the bank!

I think you are very very wrong there pal.

To be fair most World cup matches in The uk have been good, last years At Boro a El track was one of the best and a lot better than tonight ....the First 14 or 15 heats tonight were some of the most boring ive seen in a long time and then it got better near the end helped to look a better because Team Gb won .

Kings Lynn put on a good show tonight but lets not get carried away .

Edited by orion

Eh? :blink:

Not used to seeing this standard? I go to Poole every week and to be honest the racing ais as good if not better than this. Every Wednesday at Wimborne Road. You should come up and try it out. Certainly the racing is better by a distance than the first half of tonights meeting, where is was pretty poor to be honest. There was some good racing in the second half of tonights meeting but nothing to go manic about. Come and watch Harris and Holders clashes for example at Poole.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I think you are very very wrong there pal.

AGREED. Back in the hotel now. The first 16-17 heat's were poor and only the score kept people interested around where i was stood. Too much dirt on the track early on made it tricky out wide. but all that matters is the RESULT !!! and what a RESULT !!!

PS as for the best race track in the country! Never in the same class as Sheffield IMO.