British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

You should have been there - we were smothered.

They came across like a plague of flies. They were in fact green flies.

The covered everything around them and then as quickly as they arrived, they left.

But for the 10 - 15 minutes it was horrid, people swatting and scratching and coughing as the swallowed them!

Horrid - but thank god they disappeared.

Sounds like something out of the bible!Maybe the Omens are gathering and Rob Lyin has had a visitation from 'Higher Forces' telling him of his teams great impending victory at Vojens in the Lair of the Great Satan (or in this case Ole Olsen :wink: ) Glad everyone enjoyed the meeting.As for the final...well 'you've got to have a dream,if you don't have a dream,how you gonna make a dream come true?'to quote my old chum Captain Sensible :D Enjoy!At least don't come bloody last :P

Great meeting last night. First Speedway meeting I've thoroughly enjoyed since probably last years SWC.

makes you proud for a change, brilliant to see Nicholls back to his best.

nice to see the aussies get a shock to there egos too!

I see Shovlar & Orion are keep up appearances with there anti King's Lynn negativity. You can tell Shovlar's negativity by his choice of favorite heat in 22. The best and most important heat for me was Harris in 24. That was race of the World Cup so far

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job

As for the lads, they all gave everything they had to give. Couldn't have done any more than they did. A million % was given by all and the crowd was fantastic in their support for the lads.

A BIG WELL DONE TO EVERYONE

Edited by screamer

I see Shovlar & Orion are keep up appearances with there anti King's Lynn negativity. You can tell Shovlar's negativity by his choice of favorite heat in 22. The best and most important heat for me was Harris in 24. That was race of the World Cup so far

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job

As for the lads, they all gave everything they had to give. Couldn't have done any more than they did. A million % was given by all and the crowd was fantastic in their support for the lads.

yeed it was great to see kings lynn on the big stage, considering all the aussies were track speciallist we did very well indeed.

at least weve reached the final, more than australia, sweden, denmark & russia

good to see th tesam doing the business on a non "trick track"

pitty the finals at vojens!

THJ wont ride for sweden after they banned him for a month had been asked to ride last night

but told the swede authorities to stick it were the sun dont shine.

Was a good meeting last night (overlooking the poor directions from the new/hired in/whatever stewards in the field, and the good hour it took to be able to get out), despite the storm of flies and moths! I've not been to Lynn much this year, and from Heat 1 it was enjoyable - you could really feel that the riders out on track were going for it, and it meant something to them.

If I'm not at a festival, I look forward to watching the final on the telebox.

Agree,a big well done to all.But let's not get carried away.We qualified at home against a weakened Aussie and Swedish side.See how we do in the Final before we can say the team rode above themselves and Mr Lyon is the best man for the job.If he gets a great performance from the boys and they take some good scalps in Vojens,then it is time to sing their praises

I would certainly rate Kings Lynn's track a lot higher than Brandons. A shame the management there don't have any on track ambitions to match the stadium, which they have improved no end.

Why should they?

Buster Chapman said years ago that he would rather close the club than work with Elite primma donna`s?

Their doing just fine. Not everyone wants boring (mostly)Elite `racing`

Forgettng about the final, its nice to have a litle bit of GB pride in Speedway for a change. To have 7000 fans at Saddlebow Road was awesome, back to the days of the 70s, when it was almost like that every Saturday night. Big congrats to Buster, that was a fine looking track he prepared, and i know how hard he worked on it to get it looking that good. Also to Mike Bennett, is there a better Mic man in Speedway ? Throughly professional throughout. Now to the main t stars of the show, the riders. The GB Team Spirit was there for all to see. Bomber you were different Class, as was Scott, the others weighed in as well. Freddie Lingren was awesome, how lucky are Wolves fans to see him every week ? The one rider who surprised me was Jonas Davidsson, has he ever seen Saddlebow Road before.He was different class. After all the criticism that The track at Kings Lynn has taken over the Premier league years, I hope that has put that one to bed once and for all. Top riders on a top track = entertainment.

Also all credit to the Young Aussies, who put up a fine fight, Chris Holder, as always around Saddlebow, was superb. Darcy gave it his all, I dont think Lee Richardson can expect a Xmas card from him. Troy also raced his socks off.

All in all a great nights entertainment.

Edited by semion

Really enjoyed last night's meeting, which built and built. Swedes first set of races knocked them out of the running and they did well to come back as they did. Lindgren was unlucky in Heat 1, his arm was clearly knocked, but of course Tatum was just looking at the leg and missed it.

Well done to King's Lynn, hope they get more meetings at that level. They deserve it for the work they have put in to improve the stadium.

Good pe icon_smile_wink.gif rformance from the bomber , unbeaten by a poole rider , bomber did indeed slam the door shut on holder he didnt play with him as he had done in the match at poole , cant think what excuse SS will come up with now .

This is going to be a walk in the park for the Aussies. Poor call to go to KL.....Quote of Steve Stovlar 22nd July at 8.39 News at Ten.

The oracle comes unstuck. (once again) :lol:

The Big question is, Did Stevie think of that all by himself or did Matty tell him to say that ? :wink:

Edited by semion

This quality thread was brought to you by bw double.

For the record I prefer Brecon Carreg. :unsure:

I have to admit to being surprised that GB qualified last night, a great performance from all of them. Kings Lynn is a great racing track and Buster certainly knows how to prepare it well. Not surprised it took a while to get out though and I still think Peterborough would have been a more suitable venue.

To be honest I cant see GB doing at all well in the final but I can always hope to be surprised again.