British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

Is there anything fans here won't whine about :D

I enjoyed the meet and it was wonderful to see our riders come out on top.

Of course GB won't win the WC but as long as they give a good account then that is progress.

Moaning about the fact we only beat weakened teams is pointless.

GB were weakened by the loss of Loram and Louis in previous years but had to just get on with it. That's speedway.

Credit where its due and our lads did marvellous.

I thought the Aussies would pip us and those last 5 heats would go their way.

Glad to see I was wrong and our lads fought for every point.

Tai beating Holder was class and had to laugh at his comment that he could see what Chris was doing by watching the helmet cam on the big screen. Good one son!

Lee got a great win and Steady was exactly that.

Bomber and Scotty were top class and inspired the rest.

Getting to the final is an acheivment for GB and one hopefully they can build on.

It might help inspire some of the younger lads to want to be part of that.

Our boys never seem to get the money from sponsors they deserve and have the handicap of usually being outclassed equipment wise but last night was their night and they deserved their glory.

Putting them down especially when those doing it are British is silly.

Last year the Russians deservedly got tons of praise for thier qualifying feats and what GB did last night was no different to that.

We are hardly a top speedway nation anymore.

Give cerdit where it's due and deserved.

We did well last night.

:)

Edited by pandorum

Ended up a reasonably good meeting in the end after a snoozefest first half. The track wasn't great to be honest but when you get the better riders they will try different lines. Thought heat 22 was the pick of the bunch with Lindgren coming from last to first and Ward battling at the back with Woffinden

The track was much slicker than a regular Wednesday night and for me had too much of an outside line early on. Once the dirt went very wide and riders were unsure of the quickest line the racing became very, very good summed up by a quite brilliant heat 22.

Thought the crowd was good but not perhaps as big as it should have been. Perhaps the fact that it was at Kings Lynn and on a Monday stopped many from travelling.

I'd prefer to concentrate on the positives rather than trying to prove myself right all the time :rolleyes: didn't think the crowd looked any smaller than last year at P'boro and the place was certainly packed out. And there was an amazing atmosphere, obviously helped by Team GB's win.

Don't see the point on concentrating on who did or didn't ride for the opposition......thats not our problem. You can only beat what's put in front of you.

Come and watch Harris and Holders clashes for example at Poole.

The race that you said seemed like it was an exhibition race? :rolleyes:

Its very hard to take your opinion seriously when according to you everything about Poole is the best in the world. Ever :D

I remember you running down Scunthorpe after the live meeting there last year.....that says it all really.

Too much dirt on the track early on made it tricky out wide.

As stated that slick compared to normal. A bit more material across the whole track would have made it better early on but I guess afternoon practice dictated preparation to an extent.

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job.

Nail on head screamer lad.

Thoroughly enjoyed that meeting. Don't ever understand why people comment on racing less than half way through a meeting on here, happens during most Sky matches. Best to see the whole meeting before giving an opinion.

Big well done to all the riders involved and to Team GB for the win. Thought Freddie and Jonas D were the two stand out performers, just a shame for them that the rest of their team were poor.

My one gripe for the evening was the fact that anyone on the first and second bends was 'penned in' during the four track grading intervals. The toilets are on both straights and it wasn't possible to get through past the pits on the first bend, or past the tractor gate on the second bend while the grading was going on, therefore lots of people had no access to a toilet at a time when most people will want to use them :blink: poor organisation and pretty unnecessary as access could have been allowed while the three tractors were on the track.

Is there anything fans here won't whine about :D

Of course GB won't win the WC but as long as they give a good account then that is progress.

Moaning about the fact we only beat weakened teams is pointless.

If you are thinking of my post then take a closer look.No way am i moaning,just stating a fact :rolleyes:

GB were weakened by the loss of Loram and Louis in previous years but had to just get on with it. That's speedway.

Not really relevant to anything here :blink:

We did well last night.

:)

Agree,and that is what i said :)

Your right wolverine it pretty much is team england! that is why i will be sitting pishing myself as they get humped by an understrangth aussie and sweden team as the sky tema of pearson and dredrick cry into there mics

Would you like me to get you a cloth to wipe that egg from your face sir :D:D:D

Ignore the negative posters, they are very much in the minority. Team GB did us proud last night, and nothing else matters. Now we can now look forward to Vojens.....and the WTC final! rolleyes.gif

I don't think the other teams will be looking forward to the race-off though, that looks like an incredibly tough meeting, and I'm very glad that we avoided it.

It should be great to watch though.

I see Shovlar & Orion are keep up appearances with there anti King's Lynn negativity.

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job

Why would anyone been sick ? my point why Pl tm's and tracks not getting these gigs still stand ...Speedway will never get any better in the Uk while we give events and jobs to a massive club who ambition in league speedway is to beat Berwick 60-30 each week .

As normal last night people got carried away by the meeting the racing was poor for 75 % of the night and we beat teams who had there best riders missing .

Why would anyone been sick ? my point why Pl tm's and tracks not getting these gigs still stand ...Speedway will never get any better in the Uk while we give events and jobs to a massive club who ambition in league speedway is to beat Berwick 60-30 each week .

As normal last night people got carried away by the meeting the racing was poor for 75 % of the night and we beat teams who had there best riders missing .

Watch it Orion, they will be after you next. :D

We get told week in and out the PL is where the racing is at its best. Funny that the PL riders there last night were half a lap behind. That PL rider in the Swedish team who rides KL weekly really put the woolies up the other guys didn't he?

Kings Lynn would rather be a big fish in a little pond than risk playing with the big boys.

We get told week in and out the PL is where the racing is at its best. Funny that the PL riders there last night were half a lap behind. That PL rider in the Swedish team who rides KL weekly really put the woolies up the other guys didn't he?

Kings Lynn would rather be a big fish in a little pond than risk playing with the big boys.

All right, I'll bite.

As far as I can tell there was only 1 PL rider on show last night. Aarnio, from Scunthorpe, who was brought in as a last minute replacement and wasn't disgraced, beating Stead in one race.

The Swedish rider you are referring to is, I assume, Daniel Nermark, who hasn't been a KL rider for a good few seasons.

Regarding your comments about the PL racing, clearly in the PL the riders are ALL PL riders so the racing is going to be closer than if one PL rider is up against GP riders in a World event.

Quality of racing doesn't really depend on what level we are watching does it? The most important factors are riders of similar ability and a good racing track, doesn't matter whether they are National League or GP stars.

I can see where you are coming from regarding PL clubs moving up, but surely their viability as a business comes first.

It is not as if the Elite League clubs are particularly thriving and making promotion a worthwhile objective. I honestly can't see any reason why a relatively successful Premier League out fit would want to risk their future by moving up.

Edited by salty

So will I salty :D

King's Lynn, Sheffield and one or two others might step up if there was more incentive. Huge costs, disjointed fixture lists, foreigners taking the p*ss, average manipulation and lack of fixture variety (which could be solved by three or four clubs moving up of course) do not encourage PL clubs to make the step up. Especially during a recession.

And I don't subscribe to the view that PL racing is lots better. To me its much of a muchness across the three leagues if the track is good and the teams are even.

THJ wont ride for sweden after they banned him for a month had been asked to ride last night

but told the swede authorities to stick it were the sun dont shine.

Dont blame him! Cant believe they had the cheek to think he would say yes!

To be honest I cant see GB doing at all well in the final but I can always hope to be surprised again.

To be honest we should have walked the qualifier - given that we are at full strength.

In theory IF the Danes are still weakened without Pedersen and the Swedes dont have Jonsson back we should be in a position of getting ourselves a medal.

We havent had a good final in a while now - now is the time to prove that we can still mix it when we are at full strength.

If the fighting spirit is as good as it was last night, then in theory we stand as good a chance as anyone.

However saying that - think the Poles will blow everyone else away.

Edited by stevebrum

Quality of racing doesn't really depend on what level we are watching does it? The most important factors are riders of similar ability and a good racing track, doesn't matter whether they are National League or GP stars.

Spot on Salty - have been present at NL, Amateur and WTC meetings over the course of the last three days and have thoroughly enjoyed them ALL. :wink:

More NL action tonight, then PL tomorrow.

Well done team G.B !!

Fantastic result and i agree with what some one wrote on here earlier, the australians were mucking around to much with the helmet cam and pretty much assumed they would win the heat after steady got excluded. I was thinking what Crump and Adams would of said if they was there ?

Only negative for me was the thing took so bloody long again with to many delays,

i know there was a few spills but come on, 4 hours coverage for less than 30 mins racing ! they have quickened the SGP up but not the SWC ?

I can never understand why after a tape infringment they just can't just go round to the tapes again and get racing instead of faffing around ?

Well done team G.B !!

Fantastic result and i agree with what some one wrote on here earlier, the australians were mucking around to much with the helmet cam and pretty much assumed they would win the heat after steady got excluded. I was thinking what Crump and Adams would of said if they was there ?

I agree they seemed to be somewhat complacent after the Stead disqualification

I am sure Crump and Adams would have had a few words to say

They were arrogant and payed for it