British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

Is there anything fans here won't whine about :D

I enjoyed the meet and it was wonderful to see our riders come out on top.

Of course GB won't win the WC but as long as they give a good account then that is progress.

Moaning about the fact we only beat weakened teams is pointless.

GB were weakened by the loss of Loram and Louis in previous years but had to just get on with it. That's speedway.

Credit where its due and our lads did marvellous.

I thought the Aussies would pip us and those last 5 heats would go their way.

Glad to see I was wrong and our lads fought for every point.

Tai beating Holder was class and had to laugh at his comment that he could see what Chris was doing by watching the helmet cam on the big screen. Good one son!

Lee got a great win and Steady was exactly that.

Bomber and Scotty were top class and inspired the rest.

Getting to the final is an acheivment for GB and one hopefully they can build on.

It might help inspire some of the younger lads to want to be part of that.

Our boys never seem to get the money from sponsors they deserve and have the handicap of usually being outclassed equipment wise but last night was their night and they deserved their glory.

Putting them down especially when those doing it are British is silly.

Last year the Russians deservedly got tons of praise for thier qualifying feats and what GB did last night was no different to that.

We are hardly a top speedway nation anymore.

Give cerdit where it's due and deserved.

We did well last night.

:)

Couldn't agree more. Well done to the Brits, an excellent result and best of luck for Saturday. I hope that Stead improves his gating as it will be vital at Vojens. Couldn't believe Lindgren trying to get reinstated for Heat 1 - clearly minimal contact if any at all and nothing to make a rider fall off. I don't think the Aussies were being arrogant, simply trying to keep relaxed and not let the pressure get to them. Wonder if Lyon will keep the same riding order putting out Scott in the first & last heats - I think it should be the job of the Captain to shoulder that pressure to bring it home.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Aren't those two sentences contradictory? How could you tell someone something without actually going and speaking to them? Telepathy?

No. I tend to find that when someone is shouting at me from 20 metres away, I'm capable of shouting back. I don't need to send anyone.

I hate to have a conversation with you if it has to be done by proxy/with a middle man :P

does anyone have the lap times from last night. i was wondering what the times were like against the premier league boys at lynn.?

I dont post often but due to the fact that everyone is entitled to there own opinion and freedom of speech, i feel compelled to say that tonight in my opinion! the racing was awesome, the track was superb, the riders for all teams were fantastic (and lets face it we were not riding), but most importantly Kings Lynn (Norfolk arena) gave a superb venue tonight and yes they were chosen over others. So what ever our personal opinions our or your feelings are to Kings Lynn, lets be honest and say that tonight speedway was the winner, and maybe we could please show some appreciation to the staff and crew that do read this forum and are often the unsung heroes (they do have feelings too) have worked endless hours for not just tonight but for some, many days, weeks and even months too bring you the fans/critics a meeting that will always contain controversy.

As a signing off note I would like to say well done and congratulations to everyone involved tonight and most importantly congratulations to the fans for all there support whoever the team they choose and the rider they follow!

Excellent post and I agree with all you say.

Well done Kings Lynn and, of course, to Team GB!

Edited by Pollyanna

A shame we had to wait two thirds of the meeting for it to wake up from the snoozefest it was. Too many on here wearing rose tinted glasses if they thought is was a classic meeting last night. It certainly wasn't. It only redeemed itself by Team GB winning and a few good races at the end. I said it earlier. Peterborough last year was in a different league to last night.

corr blimey...i actually agree with you !!!! :o

Edited by The~SAINT

agree that the racing wasnt that good, people saying it was good.... would it still of been good if GB ended up losing it??

Ride of the season though, had to be Freddy Lindgrens last ride, my god where did he get that from!

Poor track Poor meeting .This track had Only one line around the outside the sooner we get these meetings back to Boro the better .

Couldn't believe Lindgren trying to get reinstated for Heat 1 - clearly minimal contact if any at all and nothing to make a rider fall off.

It was just as embarrassing as Lyon trying to argue that Stead shouldn't have been excluded in his final ride? What does the infield being composed of concrete have to do with anything? If a concrete infield is such an issue, don't stage meetings where there is a concrete infield.

Watched speedway all my life

And i have never ever got my head around people from GB waving aussie flags swedish flags etc etc , supporting them over the home team

It just seems ridiculous to me

Edited by hemphizzx

Poor track Poor meeting .This track had Only one line around the outside the sooner we get these meetings back to Boro the better .

JD passed Batch on the inside and Tai cut under Holder...

But don't worry, Keep Stiring :wink:

EL riders have far more skill than PL riders, as well as speed. That's why in the latter part of last nights meeting you saw some passing. Harris in heat 24, Woffinden, Ward and Lindgren in heat 22.

A shame we had to wait two thirds of the meeting for it to wake up from the snoozefest it was. Too many on here wearing rose tinted glasses if they thought is was a classic meeting last night. It certainly wasn't. It only redeemed itself by Team GB winning and a few good races at the end. I said it earlier. Peterborough last year was in a different league to last night.

What a load of rubbish you talk!

The only reason an `Elite` rider goes quicker is because the amount spent on engine tuning.

`Elite riders have more skill than P/L riders! that goes fro Screen,Lyons and Johnson too then??

My pet hate, probably the thing I dislike more than anything from speedway fans is the tendancy to cheer when riders fall off.

Why? That's part of the fun!

It's one thing in the heat of a meeting to cheer any advantage you get & another altogether to genuinely wish injury on a rider. Something most of the evangelists on the forum fail to appreciate. :D

does anyone have the lap times from last night. i was wondering what the times were like against the premier league boys at lynn.?

Heat times were generally between 59.0 - 62.0 from what I recall.

Isn't it a shame that after such a great meeting there are the usual forum members still having to slate everything. You cant satisty everyone I know, but its always the same names slating King's Lynn...whether its the track or the owners of the stadium and boy does it make boring reading.....