British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

Good onya, Maccas, however I'll make no excuses for quoting your exact words because that part of your post jumped out at me.

I don't think I'll ever cease to be amazed at the emnity if not outright hatred that some of this forum's members evince towards Rory, if not all Aussies. Is it all down to jealousy or what?

I'd doubt if any of these critics have taken the trouble to meet them; they evidently prefer to snipe from the sidelines.

One of these 'suspects' actually went to an awful lot of trouble when Rory broke his back in 2005 to raise him a fair old bit of money organising an auction in the bar at Coventry. So no, I don't just 'snipe from the sidelines'.

I don't hate Rory, I've never hated Rory and I don't know where the myth comes from that I do. Lukas Dryml, yes. Rory, no.

I didn't cheer because Rory fell, as has been pointed out a million times, but it's pointless arguing about it on here though. It can go on forever and other people are still going to say what they think they've seen and still be wrong.

Edited by Silver Bee

Reckon there are quite a number of forumites that might send me a fiver in the post if i am wholey to blame for Shazzy not posting anymore icon_smile_approve.gif

No one is really threatened by me being here on the forum well maybe you as you been a bit quiet of late icon_smile_approve.gif

do you take PayPal?

Why you inherited money icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Edited by shazzybird

yeah, my nan died

No one is really threatened by me being here on the forum well maybe you as you been a bit quiet of late icon_smile_approve.gif

:blink:

Er....run that one past me again.You said you don't post much here any more.So i am supposed to be threatened by your absence and am also not posting? Yeah right :rolleyes: Get over yourself and take it to facebook or something.This is getting boring as usual

There you go people, the moral guardian of speedway laughing at the idea that someones relative/friend may have died.

Pathetic!

There you go people, the moral guardian of speedway laughing at the idea that someones relative/friend may have died.

Pathetic!

she'd obviously not got to page 52 of Ivan Mauger's book

she'd obviously not got to page 52 of Ivan Mauger's book

No, I heard from someone (but it's not up to me to name them) that she had got to that page, look away and read what she wanted to read. 3 people can confirm this so it's a fact, it's just have happened.

No, I heard from someone (but it's not up to me to name them) that she had got to that page, look away and read what she wanted to read. 3 people can confirm this so it's a fact, it's just have happened.

sounds like she also 'sees' what she wants to see too going by the way this thread has gone

This is better than Coronation Street!

Oh how sweet SCB has someone to back him bless icon_smile_approve.gif Was I the only person to say something to you on Monday night SCB hmmmmm no I wasn't was I icon_lol.gif

Steve genuinly sorry to hear about your nan although inheritence is the only way you would of got any money in your pocket so am not gonna be made to feel guilty for saying it else you wouldn't of replied with it!

Ivan Maugers book!!! has he got one out??? I must of missed the plugs for it ....... nah not got it Ivan was never one of my heros (although he was my Mums!) so wont be wasting my hard earnt money on a copy and you probably blagged a freebie that's the only reason you've read it!

Oh and SCB I go a long long way back with Mr Hone believe it or not at one point we were actually friends ...... I know things about him that are not actually common knowledge, so his replying to my comment about inheritence was tongue in cheek by me even if I didn't put a smilie there.

I will pick and choose what I reply to reason being will treat some of it with the contempt it deserves.

Sorry to interrupt but if I could just get back to topic here? :rolleyes: Well done the fans,well done Buster and Cheryl,well done the manager and best of all well done the team for making everybody(apart it seems from small insignificant areas of Dorset and Wilts? :wink: )proud to be there and british.I think the team ethic installed by Rob Lyon(front page of this weeks star has got to be Lyons Roar :lol: )was best illustrated by when Tai had his off and to a man,as soon as the pit gate was opened,the team were out to make sure he was ok(I believe it was Scott who even ran/jogged :shock:)It was this togetherness along with determination and pride to be wearing the racejacket(unlike the windbag whackers in S.Africa)that eventually brought us home ahead of the Danglies.One final point,congrats and thanks to Buster who was working on the track prep for at least 4 days(unlike the 4 hours it seems at most tracks)almost round the clock just to try and make the track as good as he could possibly get it.As it says in the film"if you build it,they will come"and on monday they did just that :approve:

With all this who cheered when Rory was down and who didn't episode it got me thinking to an incident a few years ago.

Coventry 2008 i think it was the Bank Holiday monday Sky meeting where Coventry were at home to Ipswich. Rory was at Ipswich after being replaced by Hans. I tried to find the topic on here but couldn't.

i believe during Heat 15 Rory was actually cheering on his team mates to put Hans in the fence and knock him off his bike to the extent that Alan Trump basically had to be held back from Rory.

Is this any different to the alleged 'cheering' on Monday ?

Sharron, you don't know me at all, a lot has changed in 23 years.

i have a very good job thankyou very much, one i absolutely love, and i don't need to 'blag' a book, it was handed to me already signed to me .. i think a book in exchange for years of giving up my bedroom is ok don't you?

you keep going anyway, people will soon work things out.

Unfortunately, fans do cheer when riders fall...fans get passionate about the racing and want their team to win...It doesn't mean you hope the rider is hurt in any way....it also doesn't mean I condone it, I DONT! But it happens all the time at every race track....its part of speedway...it always has been and always will unfortunately....

This is better than Coronation Street!

Great isn't it? Reckon Shazzy should come and stand near SCB at Cov when I next visit there (probably August 6) - it would hugely add to my entertainment for the night. :wink::P

All the best

Rob