British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Whose Idea Was It To Use Kings Lynn ?!?

I see the drivel is still pouring out from the usual suspects on here :blink:

King's Lynn did themselves and the SWC proud. The presentation was good, the music was brilliant, the viewing excellent, the facilities good, the track produced some brilliant racing and last but not least the crowd produced an awesome atmosphere :approve:

Well done to all concerned.

[quote name='Steve Shovlar'

Why chose a track that Batchelor and Ward were brought up on?

This meeting should have been held at Monmore, Coventry or Poole[\b], or a track where the British riders hold the upper hand over their rivals.

This is going to be a walk in the park for the Aussies. Poor call to go to KL.

And using Poole for event 2 wouldn't play in to the hands of Watt, Ward and Holder?

Somewhere like Ipswich or Swindon would of given us a small advantage - not that it was needed in the end

Does humble pie taste nice Steve?

No humble pie eating here. I stick to what I say. PL tracks should be nowhere near a major event.

But Shovlar it's not the BSPA's decision is it, surely it's purely BSI's, take that up with them!!!!!

Would you ever see big football matches being hosted at a 2nd tier team like Scunthorpe, for instance?

Hmmmm... Wasn't Hillsborough used for FA Cup semis etc, even when Wednesday weren't in the top tier?

Haven't most international matches and Scottish Cup finals been held at the home of a lowly-ranked Scottish team?

Steve

Edited by chunky

No humble pie eating here. I stick to what I say. PL tracks should be nowhere near a major event.

What about the bit where you said it would be a walk in the park for the Aussies?

You really are the most stubborn man.

As a general comment, you will gain respect if you can admit when you are wrong. Refusing to admit it when you're wrong, particularly if you've been proven wrong, proves nothing and gains nothing. It's unhealthy for someone to think they are correct all the time; a bit of humble pie can be very useful in bringing people back down to earth.

Well i assume this also applies to Ikaros Smederna's and Filbyterna's tracks then since they ride

n the Swedish Div 1 (which is the Swedish equivalent of the B.CL.)?

Edited by Ghostwalker

Absolute garbage once again. A PL track shouldn't be considered? Have the nerve to say that to Buster and John Chapman right in front of them and justify your claims.

Can I just say that the track prep for the GB leg, and every stock car meeting featuring the F1 Stock Cars and National Saloons has always been first class. Last years Saloon World was one of the best track preps for the sport I've ever seen. Top that with the 07 and 09 Brisca F1 World Final, the Chapmans do an excellent job with the track and fully deserve hosting such events at the Norfolk Arena.

You really are the most stubborn man.

Just be grateful you aren't married to him. :D

To be fair to Kings Lynn,when the track is prepared like it was on monday,it is as good as any elite league track with facilities to match.

Why ?

Just be grateful you aren't married to him. :D

It would have to be a Civil Partnership :D

Why ?

If people don't realise the damage giving such an event to a PL club there really is no hope for British Speedway. It has nothing to do with the track, or whether the stadium is capable of hosting such an event.

Just read back to the posts of Orion and myself. Then perhaps you will understand where we are coming from.

Have the nerve to say that to Buster and John Chapman right in front of them and justify your claims.

Absolutely. I would have no problem at all. They will obviously disagree with my thoughts but I would certainly explain to them why I have this view. It's not Kings Lynn but any club in the PL I would have a problem with. These clubs wnt EL or world class stars at their track? Join the EL. Without the EL there would be no speedway in this country of any merit. We would be a speedway backwater more so than we are already.

PL pairs, 4TT and PLRC is as big as it should get for PL teams. Unless of course a deal has been done that the BSPA agreed for Kings Lynn to hoist this meeting as reward for them coming into the EL in 2011.