British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

Well,it all sounds like it was a good meeting but we only got an hour of it!! Sky never changed the schedules on there listings so we didnt know it changed to Sky 1 after an hour.

Well done Sky,what a srap organisation you are!!!

Agreed - What bunch of CNUTS! :angry:

There was no need to switch channels, once we had won the cricket.

Why give Sky so much stick? They had 4 lives events scheduled for Sunday afternoon with 4 channels. The Speedway was rescheduled from Saturday giving them 5 live events to cover on 4 channels. It wasn't their fault that it was rained of on Saturday and they did a fine job fitting it in on Sunday.

Sure it was disappointing for some people, but you can't really blame Sky.

You can for not listing it and not repeating it today

an watch the Final,and all the other meetings again on Czech tv and you won't have to worry about the commentators "drivel" :neutral:SWC

Why give Sky so much stick? They had 4 lives events scheduled for Sunday afternoon with 4 channels. The Speedway was rescheduled from Saturday giving them 5 live events to cover on 4 channels. It wasn't their fault that it was rained of on Saturday and they did a fine job fitting it in on Sunday.

Sure it was disappointing for some people, but you can't really blame Sky.

Of course you can...

Why did they not series link it? :blink:

Why did they switch channels.. :blink:

Why not show it again...? :blink:

Why did they not put it on Anytime TV? :mad:

Piss Piss Poor! :angry:

TBH... you cant blame sky, sky did what they could, they wanted to show the meeting live, and get most viewers watching it, virgin holders dont have the red button, so to switch it over was a good idea. Sure if you had it recorded, you missed out, but sky made the majority decision, rather than a few.

Of course you can...

Why did they not series link it?

Why did they switch channels.. blink.gif

Why not show it again...? blink.gif

Why did they not put it on Anytime TV? icon_evil.gif

Piss Piss Poor! mad.gif

You can't series link red-button content, which is where speedway was heading before the cricket finished early. The programme for speedway was only scheduled from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, with some horsey event coming on at 2.30pm.

They switched channels so it was available outwith the red-button, something I think they deserve a deal of credit for. Sky are far more likely to cater more for the fan sat there watching the action live than someone who is going to whizz through the ad-breaks.

Agreed not showing it again could be critiscised, but then it was re-scheduled from Saturday.

Is it the norm for Sky to put sport (ie a subscription channel) on anytime tv - genuine question as I can't get Sky. Had it for about 4 years before moving house to somewhere that can't receive Sky.

I was fortunate enough to get hold of the other half between the hours of 1.30 and 2.30pm yesterday and get her to set up a manual recording of SS1. I ended up watching it live thanks to Sopcast anyway.

Rico rolleyes.gif

There was no need to switch channels, once we had won the cricket.

Which would have meant switching the already scheduled event on SS4 instead. They made the right decision. They switched the event that wasn't already in the schedule.

Which would have meant switching the already scheduled event on SS4 instead. They made the right decision. They switched the event that wasn't already in the schedule.

OK, but you'd think they could have repeated this morning instead of cricket on 2 of the channels.

I'd agree that the Poles most certainly seem to have a very professional and serious attitude towards their speedway so much so that one or two couldn't deal with it :(

Have you forgotten about the third one ?

What do you know about them. I suspect only what you have read in the Sun or News of the World

Don't you think what you just said was way below the belt.

What would you say about one Englishman, one Yorkshireman, and a certain Australian ?

And please, don't mix personal tragedies and personal traumas with speedway.

Of course you can...

Why did they not series link it? blink.gif

Why did they switch channels.. blink.gif

Why not show it again...? blink.gif

Why did they not put it on Anytime TV? icon_evil.gif

Piss Piss Poor! mad.gif

Totally agree with you - fired off an email complaint yesterday - waiting for a reply.

Having spoke to customer services at 11.30am before setting off to work they said "we have no idea what is going on with Sky Sports toady as they will not answer the phones"

But the main thing I'm suggesting that goes for the Poles is the very good state of their speedway clubs. Therefore parts for bikes, tuning expertise, facilites for testing, personal training etc etc, everything that is important to give riders every opportunity to do well is in abundance in Poland from day 1 of a riders career.

Trees, what makes you so bitter?

What stops British clubs to give the youngsters the same opportunities that - as you say - exists in Poland?

That's funny. I could have sworn they mentioned Poland and Denmark being in front a few times and how Poland had only scored 4 points after 6 races or whatever it was. Must get my ears syringed.

Come on - you really WEREN'T listening if you didn't notice that for the last five or six heats the commentary team gave virtually no mention to the battle between the Danes and Poland for the title, whilst instead screaming and shouting about whether or not 'Team GB' could overhaul Sweden for what they called 'bronze' or 'a place on the rostrum'. :shock:

Quite the most extraordinary commentary I've ever heard for a televised sports event...

Quite the most extraordinary commentary I've ever heard for a televised sports event...

It was dreadful. Truly dreadful. Bronze is naff all.

Anyone remember when Harris past a rider I think in Heat 20...the commentary from Pearson was 'aaaaaaaaaaargggggggghhhhhhhooooooooooo'. Very, very poor.

Jonathan Pierce was sacked at Sky for similar efforts when commentating on football.

Trees, what makes you so bitter?

What stops British clubs to give the youngsters the same opportunities that - as you say - exists in Poland?

Self serving promoters. With no interest in British speedway, just their own clubs.

How many clubs run training schools, or give young riders the opportunity to practice.

I understand tracks that have other events staged there, Football, Rugby or Banger racing etc.

Vojens is a copy of Loomer road in Stoke (The track, not the facilities, I hasten to add).

A track that is not used for anything else, the Danes practice there, so why not Team GB?