British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

The Poles are where they are because they have a raft of riders coming through.

I thought they are where they are because they are useing a Gp rider who came from Norway .....Put Holta in one of the other sides then your likely to have a seen another result .

I thought they are where they are because they are useing a Gp rider who came from Norway .....Put Holta in one of the other sides then your likely to have a seen another result .

:lol: stirrer.

Fact remains tho that Holta IS from Norway ... taxes, passports, and where you live will never change that ... he will ALWAYS be from Norway &if I was a Polish rider I would be unhappy at him getting my place ..... they have the riders .. thats whats so sad. :(

Nicki Pedersen gets injured ... did the Danes go hunting for a loophole to recruit a better rider than Klindt to replace him ... no they stayed loyal to there country .... and they have my admiration for that ... big balls :D

The rule should now be changed so that where you are born or parentage alone decides ... not just your passport ;)

Stupid. If one emigrates to another country, one becomes a citizen of that country. He can't be called back to Norway on a few occasions just for being born here. Poland did not import Holta for the event, and when should it be decided? At 3? 16? 18th birthday? "Sorry, no turning back. Norwegian forever, moahahahahaha..."

Take a look around and see if there are any other sports that use people born in other countries than they represent.

However, thought the Swedes would have taken silver, but the Danes surprised. Wish I could have seen the race, but no such luck.

Looking forward to Målilla, and I hope Holta will take the victory. I am Norwegian, but support Holta both on the track, and in his decicion to emigrate to a more speedway friendly nation. The Poles would have been stupid not to use a Polish citizen of his caliber.

Stupid. If one emigrates to another country, one becomes a citizen of that country. He can't be called back to Norway on a few occasions just for being born here. Poland did not import Holta for the event, and when should it be decided? At 3? 16? 18th birthday? "Sorry, no turning back. Norwegian forever, moahahahahaha..."

Take a look around and see if there are any other sports that use people born in other countries than they represent.

However, thought the Swedes would have taken silver, but the Danes surprised. Wish I could have seen the race, but no such luck.

Looking forward to Målilla, and I hope Holta will take the victory. I am Norwegian, but support Holta both on the track, and in his decicion to emigrate to a more speedway friendly nation. The Poles would have been stupid not to use a Polish citizen of his caliber.

It should decided the moment he rides for one nation ...i trust he rode for Norway before so that should have been it weather he is a Polish citizen or not .

It should decided the moment he rides for one nation ...i trust he rode for Norway before so that should have been it weather he is a Polish citizen or not .

In your world, but not in the Speedway World. Whatever rules that were in place allowed Holta to ride for Poland about 5 years ago, even though he had previously appeared under the Norwegian flag.

Not ideal I guess, but can't understand why people are still mithering about it, I think he was the Polish Champion as long ago as 2003.

I think that is how it works in some sports that once you entered a (senior?) championship as a citizens of country X you

are then not allowed to participate with another nationality.

Regarding Holta, he used to ride on a Norwegian license in the GP but at the same time he rode for Poland i SWC.

Foresight is better. He missed the call and team GB suffered for it.

What next for Lyon? He's tried the young guys, then the old guys. Seems like a ditherer.

Hardly. The old guard was not performing last season at any level, so he tried the young guns. They are not performing too well this season so he reverted back to the old guard (which all of this forum asked for last season) who have all been having pretty good seasons. He does not have much to work with, so any manager would struggle.

I would have liked to have seen a young gun in for Stead to give them the experience, but that said Stead did well on Monday, and started ok yesterday.

This season the team more or less picked itself, so the role of the Team GB manager is mainly about motivation and the tacticles and I still think he got them right, so the main role for the manager with the limited talent available is to motivate what he has and I have no idea if he is good at that or not, only those inside the pits can tell us.

Personally I think you should only represent the country of birth, until you have spent the majority of your life in another country. But in answer to above, not many sports but I think Greg Rusdeski represented Canada, France and then GB at tennis? At the moment the English cricket team has a player that has played for Ireland and now England.

Let's look at this in real terms. GB scored 33 real points. Sweden also scored 33 real points. There, does that sound better.biggrin.gif

Personally I think you should only represent the country of birth, until you have spent the majority of your life in another country. But in answer to above, not many sports but I think Greg Rusdeski represented Canada, France and then GB at tennis? At the moment the English cricket team has a player that has played for Ireland and now England.

There are certainly a bunch of south African born players in the England set up, Pietersen and Trott for a start, there have also been foriegn born players in our rugby Union and Rugby League teams

Edited by Beeone

There are certainly a bunch of south African born players in the England set up, Pietersen and Trott for a start

Strauss too, I think he was born in SA.

Regarding Holta, he used to ride on a Norwegian license in the GP but at the same time he rode for Poland i SWC.

I don't think that is the case. Holta first rode for Poland in the SWC in 2005 when he was not in the GPs. Ever since returning to the GPs in 2007 he has been listed as Polish. However, I think he qualified as a Norwegian, having failed to progress through the Polish stage of the qualification process. So, he qualified as a Norwegian and was then listed as being Polish when the GPs started.

Taking Holta out of the Polish equation just means the Poles calling up someone like a Kasprzak (wasn't he one of their better performers in the SWC last season?), a Walasek or an Ulamek, maybe even a Balinski or a Protasiewicz (just to appease henryw).

Well done Poland and Tomasz Gollob in particular. I hope he goes on to be World Champion this year.

Edited by WembleyLion

There are certainly a bunch of south African born players in the England set up, Pietersen and Trott for a start, there have also been foriegn born players in our rugby Union and Rugby League teams

Add...Strauss, Kieswetter, Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Prior and Shah :lol: