British Speedway Forum

Updates are currently ongoing on This link.

updates has smart as winner, why did simon not win or was there a run off?

From what I gather, Smarty won hi 4th race, according to the Bournemouth twitter updates.

Still, congratulations Smarty :D

Bad luck Simon, you were superb tonight, what a shame you spun round in your final. Congrats to Lee Smart who was always in the mix.

As for the meeting, think of a number, multiply it by twenty, and that's how much better it was than the Elite Open Riders' Championship a week or two back.

Conditions were very greasy following a heavy downpour between 4.00pm and 5.00pm, and the riders handled it superbly.

Must say I was extremely disappointed with the attendance, poor show for the league's big championship. Anyway, pleased I went.

Bad luck Simon, you were superb tonight, what a shame you spun round in your final. Congrats to Lee Smart who was always in the mix.

As for the meeting, think of a number, multiply it by twenty, and that's how much better it was than the Elite Open Riders' Championship a week or two back.

Conditions were very greasy following a heavy downpour between 4.00pm and 5.00pm, and the riders handled it superbly.

Must say I was extremely disappointed with the attendance, poor show for the league's big championship. Anyway, pleased I went.

Have to agree with all of that - well I was sat next to you :D

Good to meet you, maybe see you down the Lynn next year :wink:

Come on Mike, how can anyone be surprised at a low attendance after the shocking runaround supporters were given over this event.

Frankly I'm surprised ANYONE showed...

Have to agree with all of that - well I was sat next to you :D

Good to meet you, maybe see you down the Lynn next year :wink:

Yeah, it was good to meet you too DragonsDen. Quite bizarre to think of the amount of times we've sat next to each other this season, and didn't know who each other were.

Winter well.

Mimmo, I'm afraid to say that I refused to go on a point of principle, after the shocking way that this showpiece event had been previously handled, being put back at just three days notice for a supposedly "more important" Young Shield match.

All the best

Rob

Come on Mike, how can anyone be surprised at a low attendance after the shocking runaround supporters were given over this event.

Frankly I'm surprised ANYONE showed...

I know where you're coming from Derek, considering the small amount of clubs in the league, it's been a shambles at times with last minute fixture changes, with many of us losing overnight hotel money as a result.

However, at the end of the day, the date has been known for a little while now, and it is the leagues big event, although certain people in power don't seem to look upon it that way!! It was also the last fixture of the season at Rye House, and speedway fans are usually eager to grab any chance of a last bit of action prior to hibernation.

I was quite surprised to see that a decent percentage of the crowd in the area where I was, were from King's Lynn, which is quite a surprise when they don't turn up for our own home meetings, but maybe our double-header against Buxton last Wednesday whetted their appetite for more third tier racing....or....maybe they were just those general speedway fans looking for one last piece of track action.

(Incidentally King's Lynn fans, there is a meeting at the Norfolk Arena at 1.00pm today, being run by the Dragons Speedway Club, and admission is free, so hopefully I'll see some of you there).

The important thing for those of us there was the fact that it was a good and well run meeting, and I commend the people of Rye House for that. Track conditions were sticky due to the heavy rain that we'd had about 3-hours prior to the start, but the riders just got their heads down and got on with it, and produced some entertaining racing. They didn't hang about waiting for the 2-minute buzzer before each race, and all sixteen finalists plus the reserve, were a credit to the sport they represent. It just needs the person(s) who is responsible for running the National 'Development' League, to apply the same level of professionalism!!!

As I think I said in my posting last night (I can't be bothered to check back....how unprofessional :wink: ) Simon Lambert was the best rider on show, and would have been a worthy winner, but alas it wasn't to be. His downfall came in what was his easiest race of the night, and one impersonation of a ballerina led to his disappointment. Both Lee Smart and Craig Cook were on the gas all night, never giving an inch. Nick Simmons put in an impressive showing, and Darren Mallett was worth a lot more than 5-points. Ben Morley looks to have an excellent future, but just needs to tone down his enthusiasm a little at times, but he's very young, and he'll be okay, I like him. I'm surprised he wasn't disqualified for bringing James Cockle down in Heat 4, a sentiment that a number of Rockets & Cobras supporters in the stand echoed.

Adam Allott was the Adam Allott we've grown to love over the years. When he gated he looked a virtual world beater, but when he didn't, he looked like Mike Bennett having a match race with Tomasz Gollob ;)

Mark Baseby was disappointing, and I'm mystified as to what has happened to his form. He looked a great prospect in his Sittingbourne days, yet seems a mere shadow of that now, shame really. Barrie Evans didn't produce what I expected, so maybe he had some gremlins going on. The biggest surprise to me is how Jay Herne could be allocated a place in the final. He's ridden two league and two play-off matches for Bournemouth and that is it, so how can qualification be allowed, when there were so many more deserving riders out there?

Anyway, enough babbling from me, I'll see you at the Norfolk Arena early this afternoon Derek, or have you some more of that ongoing decorating to do???

politics aside i thought it was a decent nights entertainment for a tenner. all the riders deserve credit for putting on a good show on a very wet track without any fuss. :)

Mimmo, I'm afraid to say that I refused to go on a point of principle, after the shocking way that this showpiece event had been previously handled, being put back at just three days notice for a supposedly "more important" Young Shield match.

All the best

Rob

I'm beginning to get the feeling Rob my old mate that you and Parsnips are secret members of both the Anne Widdecombe and "Wagner" fan clubs and hence THAT's why neither of you were at Rye last night! :wink:

You both missed a good night's action.

Glad i went for a last taste of action in 2010.Was tired after returning from the north west at 4pm and feared the worst when the first heat was delayed that we may be in for another marathon event, but they did get it done in a reasonable time and some fine racing at times.

Lambert must be kicking himself for that mistake when the meeting was all but won. I couldn't see if the decision to exclude Cook in heat 20 was correct or not, but i did have a very good view of Ben knocking off Cockle earlier on and was amazed he wasn't excluded!

Considering all the cock up's, lack of info, poor communication, dodgy weather etc i thought the crowd was ok, though obviously the lads deserved more.

Hopefully Oxford is still happening in 12 days, i'm not quite ready to let go of my season yet!

All the best

Rob

My sentiments exactly Roberto!! Funny how often we agree on things these days!!!! :wink:

Like davidba am hoping that the 12/11 meeting is on at Oxford, in which case - as certainly no "points of principle" apply to that one!! :P - look forward to seeing you there...!! :approve: