British Speedway Forum

Good luck to both Brits tonight.

What time is this due to start british time? Is it 19.00?

Lots of riders to root for, but I've allways liked Lindbäck, and hope he'll make it through. Kolodziej is a rider I'd like to see in the GP aswell, and THJ did a fine race in Målilla. As for the debate concerning Harris, I hope he'll get through either tonight og as a top eight rider. Being handed a spot year after year seems a bit unfair, but the loss of a British rider in the GP's seems to me unlikely. Looking forward to the meeting tonight, and I'm sure it'll be a thriller.

Down the years, going right back to 1995, I've never understood why Sky don't show this meeting as part of their GP coverage.

Having seen videos and DVD's of the GP Challenges down the years there have been some very good ones with plenty of incident that would have made great viewing.

I suppose if they didn't take the chance to cover last year's event from Coventry then they'll never do it. Shame though!

Harris has had his chance several times over. Hope he fails, and not from an unpatriotic point of view, but because he has been a virtual also ran nearly the whole time he has been in the series.

Give a wildcard to another Brit, wherther they are currently good enough or not. It will freshen the series and give another rider the opportunity to strive to be better.

I pray that some old Pole doesn't get through like Walasek or Ilamek. Kolodziej would be a good addition. No thanks to Iversen either. Been there never cut the mustard.

Fresh young blood please, regardless of nationality.

Don't see your logic. No point having fresh blood just for the sake of it, surely they need to be competitive to be a worthwhile addition.

I prefer to watch the best 15 in the world (or as near as possible), but I can't see another Brit who would be able to compete at the moment. At least this year Harris is still in the running for a top 8 spot.

Still haven't managed to find a a way to watch it, has anyone please got a link?

Still haven't managed to find a a way to watch it, has anyone please got a link?

You can watch it here.

Just scroll down and then choose which stream to watch.

Must be honest I love the GP's and would still watch them without any Brits in. Love Bomber but does he DESERVE a spot .. yes if he makes the top 8 or even comes 9th ... beyond that no not really :cry:

As for tonight if anyone outside of Freddie Lindgren, Chris Harris, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Antonio Lindback or Simon Stead(for english bias reasons) gets thru I would not be pleased ... they seem to be the best riders there but I do fancy THJ to provide a shock :D

Must be honest I love the GP's and would still watch them without any Brits in. Love Bomber but does he DESERVE a spot .. yes if he makes the top 8 or even comes 9th ... beyond that no not really :cry:

As for tonight if anyone outside of Freddie Lindgren, Chris Harris, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Antonio Lindback or Simon Stead(for english bias reasons) gets thru I would not be pleased ... they seem to be the best riders there but I do fancy THJ to provide a shock :D

imo the best rider in the field is kolodziej.

First of all brandonbee48 and pollyanna, thank you and you're welcome.

As mentioned yesterday offering a reminder for those new to the thread that a free race card is available

Score-As-You-View_2011_SGP_Challenge Race Card

As usual with the 'Score-As-You-View' Race Cards i produce it is colour coded and also contains relevant additional info. If you so wish you can fill in each riders accumulative score next to their name for each race (as well as traditional score grid). In order to make this quick and easy i've colour coded their next programmed ride. There are also various other bits of info.

Also, as people clearly aren't bothering to even look back even two pages back for start time or streams, i repeat some of what i said the other day lol. People are, as expected, providing ever more details of streams due to come online. So, fingers crossed and hope the only stream we get is a speedway one and not streaming rain, it's in Vojens you know!

It's worth pointing out that whilst some streams will include the surrounding tv studio coverage and actually air before the meeting starts, don't despair if it's approaching the hour mark and nothing is showing. Depending on the feed some wait until just before the first race begins and several wait until the parade is over.

Not sure, i haven't got time to check, but i have a slight inkling that in the FIM supplementary regulations it mentioned ten past the hour to actually start racing. Don't hold me to that though at all lol. I've not got the greatest memory. Anyway, as i mentioned yesterday, certainly start checking out your usual list of stream sources before the meeting start time of 6pm BST (7pm local time & 5pm UTC/GMT) and don't necessarily panic if unsuccessful at first.

UPDATE

Very high quality stream has switched to the speedway right now

Working Stream at moment

As i suspected still parading after the hour mark so stroll over.

Edited by manchesterpaul

1. Grigory Laguta, 2. Freddie Lindgren, 3. Grzegorz Walasek, 4. Tomasz Gapinski, 5. Magnus Zetterstrom, 6. Leon Madsen, 7. Sebastian Ulamek, 8. Janusz Kolodziej, 9. Chris Harris, 10. Andrey Karpov, 11. Antonio Lindback, 12. Artem Laguta, 13. Roman Povazhny, 14. Niels Kristian Iversen, 15. Thomas H Jonasson, 16. Simon Stead, R1. Lukas Dryml, R2. Adrian Miedzinski.

Janusz Kolodiej .... He isn't too far off the capabilities of Jarek Hampel or Thomasz Gollob and showed that in the WTC and would be able to hold his own in the GP's much more than Lindback, Iversen and Stead would be able to do.

I'm hoping Freddie gets in the top 8 anyway as he hasnt had a great GP Series until the last round and despite that is only one point behind eighth placed AJ. A top 3 finish here would take the pressure off and hopefully leave an extra wild card place to go to Emil, AJ, Hancock or Nicki who coul all miss out on the top 8.

Lindgren, Harris and Kolodiej for me would be the best three to qualify without doubt.