British Speedway Forum

Come on Janusz. The GPs need you. Alan.

Well done Lindgren, but oh how Kolodziej tried. He is a great little rider. Alan

WELL DONE FREDDIE AND ANTO9!!!!

i hope that BSI/IMG will give Kolodziej a Wild Card. Its not his fault that his bike broke down.

Perhaps the EF was because of the new silencers?

Edited by Ghostwalker

So if Freddie gets into the top eight in his own right, what happens then?

So if Freddie gets into the top eight in his own right, what happens then?

Pretty sure Kolodziej gets the spot.

btw what will happened now if Lindgren would make top 8 in the series?

Will Koldziej get Lindgrens place from Race off or is it the 9th place in the series who will be promoted to 8th?

1. Artem Laguta (Rus) - 3, 0, 3, 3, 3 = 12+3

2. Antonio Lindback (Swe) - 1, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 12+2

3. Fredrik Lindgren (Swe) - 3, 3, 2, 1, 2 = 11+3

----------------------------------------------

4. Janusz Kolodziej (Pol) - 3, 3, 3, 2, 0 = 11+2

5. Magnus Zetterstrom (Swe) - 2, 3, 0, 3, 3 = 11+1

6. Thomas H. Jonasson (Swe) - 2, 2, 1, 1, 3 = 9

7. Chris Harris (GB) - 0, 1, 2, 2, 3 = 8

8. Niels-Kristian Iversen (Den) - 3, 2, 1, 1, 0 = 7

9. Andrey Karpov (Ukr) - 2, 1, 2, 1, 1 = 7

10. Grigorij Laguta (Rus) - 2, 0, 2, 0, 2 = 6

11. Simon Stead (GB) - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 6

12. Leon Madsen (Den) - 0, 0, 0, 3, 2 = 5

13. Roman Povazhny (Rus) - 0, 2, 3, X, 0 = 5

14. Grzegorz Walasek (Pol) - 1, 2, 0, 0, 1 = 4

15. Sebastian Ulamek (Pol) - 1, 0, 1, 2, 0 = 4

16. Tomasz Gapinski (Pol) - 0, 2, 0, 0, 1 = 3

Artem should also be a candidate for rider of the night. Five wins the most of any rider and the nearest challengers to that only three wins.

Before you take me to task, bear in mind he wasn't the only rider to have an extra ride, Kolodziej, Lindback, Lingren and Zetterstrom those who did. Also, maybe he had engine problems in his single duck egg ride?, as finishing behind Stead and Gapinski didn't tally with his other performances.

Oh Yeah he won the meeting too ;)

Congratulations to Artem Laguta on his win and to Antonio Lindback and Fredrik Lindgren on clinching their places in the 2011 circus. All this talk of Lindgren making the top eight ignores that the best thing for the Swedes would be if Lindgren and Jonsson can manufactuer a situation where Jonsson gets eighth place. As things stand, Jonsson is in a bit of a tricky situation.

Personally, I think if Hancock can continue his form from Malilla, then the American will make it into the top eight, while Jonsson seems hopelessly lost at the minute.

Dreadful shame for Janusz Kolodziej, who now stands virtually no chance of being a GPer next season. He now ranks below Harris, Woffinden and probably every other British rider when it comes to nominations. It's not right. It's not proper.

Taken from the fim grand prix rules

Should a rider or riders who have qualified directly, either by being in the top 8 of

the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification or in the top 3 of the FIM Grand Prix

qualification system or who qualified through both systems, withdraw prior to the

start of the Grand Prix season, the first rider or riders available on the Official

Grand Prix Qualified Substitute list shall replace him or them.

Pretty sure Kolodziej gets the spot.

I wouldnt be so sure!

with the current battle for the top 8 stretching to 12 riders..... and IMG's quota system needing to be considered (involving things like the amount of Poles making the top 8, and the amounts of the other 'major' nations)..... I dont think it will be so straight forward...especially including two russians now

I think their 4 picks already involve 1) Emil 2) NickiP (unless he qualifies as of right) 3) a brit (unless Bomber qualifies)

that then leaves a decision over Kolodziej, & Hancock, Hans and AJ if they havent made the top 8.......... I can see them doing this by quota and having the swedes, poles and danes all on 3 each .............. or maybe they will see it as a natural time for Greg to be replaced by someone younger

in the end it really could be as simple as Zorro and Tai out.... Artem and Antonio in

congrats to Artem, Antonio and Freddie ......they were all worth their placings with Artem in particular the stand out guy..... he seems very technically gifted and ready to mix it with the big guys...... bad bad luck for Kolodziej and I think it is going to be tight as to whether he is offered a spot or not

good to see the brits didnt disgrace themselves in the end.... but I have lost count now of how many times the brits turn up to a meeting with the wrong setup ..... gp's, swc, qualifier it doesnt matter it seems as we have double our share of seemingly inferior prep

Congratulations to Artem Laguta on his win and to Antonio Lindback and Fredrik Lindgren on clinching their places in the 2011 circus. All this talk of Lindgren making the top eight ignores that the best thing for the Swedes would be if Lindgren and Jonsson can manufactuer a situation where Jonsson gets eighth place. As things stand, Jonsson is in a bit of a tricky situation.

Personally, I think if Hancock can continue his form from Malilla, then the American will make it into the top eight, while Jonsson seems hopelessly lost at the minute.

Dreadful shame for Janusz Kolodziej, who now stands virtually no chance of being a GPer next season. He now ranks below Harris, Woffinden and probably every other British rider when it comes to nominations. It's not right. It's not proper.

Kolodziej blow a great chance this evening. He was the best rider for most of the meeting, but didn't have the bottle when it came down to the crunch.

He may still get in if Lindgren pushes up into the top 8. Otherwise I don't see why Kolodziej should be in the GP next season - he showed tonight that he can't perform under pressure so he's likely to struggle in the GPs.

All the best

Rob

Kolodziej blow a great chance this evening. He was the best rider for most of the meeting, but didn't have the bottle when it came down to the crunch.

He may still get in if Lindgren pushes up into the top 8. Otherwise I don't see why Kolodziej should be in the GP next season - he showed tonight that he can't perform under pressure so he's likely to struggle in the GPs.

All the best

Rob

he really struggled when he was a wildcard in the GP opener this season didnt he...

Who, realistically, is better than Kolodziej? You can't possibly say that a British rider should be nominated ahead of him. They (Harris and Stead) coped with the pressure situation even worse than he did, while Woffinden couldn't even make it to Vojens. The pressure of the semi-final was too much for him to take.

There is no chance of Sayfutdinov missing out on the nominations. He won three GPs last season and made one final this season. He's only completed two GPs, so that's a decent return. Think about it. He's only completed two GPs and yet is still above Woffinden in the standings.

Edited by ladyluck