British Speedway Forum

Well, that's the point, isn't it? In Poland, the top riders are spread between two leagues, whereas in Sweden, they're all in one league. Have you seen Dackarna and Elit Vetlanda's teams. They have got to be the best two club sides in the world.

All the best

Rob

Rob, If you take away Holder, Adams and Lingren. Would you not say by looking at the riders in the polish Liga 1, that it is more like are elite league in standard.

Freddie will be "experimenting" for the remaining GP's ... so I would not hold your breath cool.gif

Well that will be his excuse icon_smile_wink.gif

Kauko Nieminen is Finnish Champion. Are you arguing a case that he should be in the series next year as well?

if there is a fin to replace then yes I am icon_smile_wink.gif

when watching the gps i like to cheer for the brits obviously but more importantly i want to watch the best riders so unless harris qualifies in the top 8 or gets very close he should be out.looking back it was a season too soon for tai and i dont see how he should be in next year.prob best for him to be honest.also if no brits are in it wont effect me watching the gps.what about you?

also does anyone think cardiffs crowd would be seriously affected with just whoever wins the british final being there?

I can't seriously think of one single cogent argument to justify a Brit pick in next years GP.

Emil is a certainty and deservedly so and if anyone thinks Harris or Woffy deserve a place in front of Hancock or Nicki P then they are living in one strange world.

The Brits just sit back and expect 2 picks so don't put the effort into qualifying that others less favoured do.

No one can argue that Laguta does not deserve his place as like Zorro he won the qualifier and the 2nd and 3rd likewise. Harris could not even do that on his own track but knew he would get a get out of jail free card anyway.

It's time the Brits stopped getting free rides and earned their spots.

Let them go through the qualifiers knowing this was their only route and perhaps we will get a decent well deserving Brit in the GP who does what guys like Zorro did and make an effort when they get into the competition. He knows that its top 8 or nothing so gives it everything.

The Brits know that however pathetic thier showing someone will drop them a 'pity pick' because it's felt the series needs a Brit.

British Speedway used to be the envy of the speedway world but now it's a backwater being left behind on the world stage by a nation once considered here as a Mickey Mouse speedway nation in Russia.

We will never get back to a decent level on that world stage as long as we depend on sympathy.

We need hard work and effort at all levels to aspire to once again be top of that world stage.

Mark Loram won his world title because he put the effort in and since we lost him we have had no one who looks remotely like even a near potential world champ.

I like Woffy. he has showed a little bit of grit in GP this year. Not enough to deserve a pick but a spark that might do him justice in years to come. He has learned from his year in the GP and that will put him in good stead for the future. But he needs to know that the qualifiers are his only route as picks will be at a premium and better riders considered before any Brits.

Let them strive to get into the GP and maybe, just maybe when they get there they will do themselves justice.

Nichols and Harris do not deserve a pick. Rico is the same.

What exactly have any of them done to deserve any consideration other than be British and do well in a Brit final which is full of PL riders? Our best prospect could not even qualify for this years Brit final.

Brit speedway will never better itself if it depends on the patronage of GP picks and Sky.

Yearn to be in the GP. Strive hard to get in the bloody thing and when you do earn the right to be in that company make sure that nobody can say that you don't deserve to be there.

Other riders do that so why do ours have to be different. End this nonsense of Brit picks because they are British. Let us earn our place at the top table not depend on charity and then we might see a Brit world champion once again.

I can't seriously think of one single cogent argument to justify a Brit pick in next years GP.

Emil is a certainty and deservedly so and if anyone thinks Harris or Woffy deserve a place in front of Hancock or Nicki P then they are living in one strange world.

The Brits just sit back and expect 2 picks so don't put the effort into qualifying that others less favoured do.

No one can argue that Laguta does not deserve his place as like Zorro he won the qualifier and the 2nd and 3rd likewise. Harris could not even do that on his own track but knew he would get a get out of jail free card anyway.

Let them go through the qualifiers knowing this was their only route and perhaps we will get a decent well deserving Brit in the GP who does what guys like Zorro did and make an effort when they get into the competition. He knows that its top 8 or nothing so gives it everything.

The Brits know that however pathetic thier showing someone will drop them a 'pity pick' because it's felt the series needs a Brit.

British Speedway used to be the envy of the speedway world but now it's a backwater being left behind on the world stage by a nation once considered here as a Mickey Mouse speedway nation in Russia.

We will never get back to a decent level on that world stage as long as we depend on sympathy.

We need hard work and effort at all levels to aspire to once again be top of that world stage.

Mark Loram won his world title because he put the effort in and since we lost him we have had no one who looks remotely like even a near potential world champ.

I like Woffy. he has showed a little bit of grit in GP this year. Not enough to deserve a pick but a spark that might do him justice in years to come. He has learned from his year in the GP and that will put him in good stead for the future. But he needs to know that the qualifiers are his only route as picks will be at a premium and better riders considered before any Brits.

Let them strive to get into the GP and maybe, just maybe when they get there they will do themselves justice.

What exactly have any of them done to deserve any consideration other than be British and do well in a Brit final which is full of PL riders? Our best prospect could not even qualify for this years Brit final.

Brit speedway will never better itself if it depends on the patronage of GP picks and Sky.

Yearn to be in the GP. Strive hard to get in the bloody thing and when you do earn the right to be in that company make sure that nobody can say that you don't deserve to be there.

Other riders do that so why do ours have to be different. End this nonsense of Brit picks because they are British. Let us earn our place at the top table not depend on charity and then we might see a Brit world champion once again.

What an excellent post, I am a firm believer that all riders should qualify on merit NOT nationality

brilliant post!

i agree with your post but it seems like Woffy and Team Great Britain international doesn't agree with you

http://speedwaygp.com/en/newsdetail/a1840?SID=3c68b5e6296c836f5b841542e2f87882

Personally i would of course like as many swedes as possible in the series but not if they're constantly going to trail at the back.

i agree with your post but it seems like Woffy and Team Great Britain international doesn't agree with you

http://speedwaygp.com/en/newsdetail/a1840?SID=3c68b5e6296c836f5b841542e2f87882

Personally i would of course like as many swedes as possible in the series but not if they're constantly going to trail at the back.

Following on from the post from "Pandorum", it's a bit of an indictment that British riders have to beg for a nomination. Harris has also been quoted along similar lines in the past couple of weeks and it's a bit embarrassing really.

I think one spot at most for the Brits and preferably none, just leaving a wild card for Cardiff.

Following on from the post from "Pandorum", it's a bit of an indictment that British riders have to beg for a nomination. Harris has also been quoted along similar lines in the past couple of weeks and it's a bit embarrassing really.

Just "a bit"?

Tomasz Chrzanowski won the "odd race here and there", but it didn't get him a nomination. Magnus Zetterstrom has won the "odd race here and there" (and made a final), but it's not going to get him a nomination.

Maybe Nicki Pedersen might choose to take a year out of the GPs, it wouldn't surprise me as he seems to be suffering quite a bit. :unsure:
I'm not sure that Hancock and Pedersen will be the wildcard shoe-ins that so many people make them out to be.

If BSI want to inject some new bloody into the GPs then this is their ideal opportunity.

I'm certain that Britons will get two of the wildcards though, in order to ensure the crowd at Cardiff. Maybe Richardson and Nicholls should get a turn?

Emil is already lined up for the 2011 Series and Nicki will be given a place if he finishes out of the top 8 and he will snap their hands off too as his sponsors wouldn't back him so much riding in just Sweden and Poland.

As for Greg, I think he too would get a WC if he does well in thelast four GP's as they already have Emil 21 and Artem 19 in next years series and I'm confident Tai 20 will be the only Brit on show next year, so they have enough young blood in there already.

Don't you want to see the best riders in the GPs?

Janusz Kolodiej IS in the top 15 riders in the world easily

SWEDEN = 6th with 8.46 ............. POLAND = 4th with 8.89

Freddie will be "experimenting" for the remaining GP's ... so I would not hold your breath B)

Not a chance .... Freddie wants to finish well and is setting his sights on the final in each round left. Target to reach as close to 100 points as possible from 54 at present

Just "a bit"?

Tomasz Chrzanowski won the "odd race here and there", but it didn't get him a nomination. Magnus Zetterstrom has won the "odd race here and there" (and made a final), but it's not going to get him a nomination.

Ok you're right, it's very embarrassing to hear the Brits begging for a nomination.

Emil is already lined up for the 2011 Series and Nicki will be given a place if he finishes out of the top 8 and he will snap their hands off too as his sponsors wouldn't back him so much riding in just Sweden and Poland.

As for Greg, I think he too would get a WC if he does well in thelast four GP's as they already have Emil 21 and Artem 19 in next years series and I'm confident Tai 20 will be the only Brit on show next year, so they have enough young blood in there already.

i am not so sure that we will see Greg in next years GP series if he misses out on top 8. he will be in the same situation as Leigh Adams were in a year ago and

he once said in an interview (2 years ago) , on a reply about when to quit, that he will do so when he wakes up in the morning and no longer feels that it is fun and when he no

longer can keep up with the best.

Regarding Hancock, another good GP for the American, so far today. Harris superb, but the two riders immediately above him (Lindgren and Hancock) are matching him, more or less. Jonsson looks to be heading out of the top eight and Andersen could well be following him. In the great scheme of things, they both have better claims to a nomination than Harris.

Think Bombers booked his place in next years gps now after a stunning performance in croatia , theyll find it hard to omit him now biggrin.gif and remember he came from the back in all his races,

Edited by dornier