British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Ekstraliga Sunday 22nd August

This Sunday is going to be absolutely cracking!

2nd leg of the first round of the Ekstraliga play-off's:

6 pm (5 pm British time): Gorzow v Zielona Gora (43:47 on aggregate) Live on TVP Sport

7 pm (6 pm British time): Leszno v Tarnow (44:46)

8 pm (7 pm British time): Torun v Wroclaw (38:52) Live on TVP Sport

Both tracks in these two televised matches are really good for racing. Gorzow v Zielona Gora in the main part of the season was one of the best matches this year - it had everything: falls, controversial decisions, ef's, tapes etc. It was just awesome and now when the result is EVERYTHING it must be mind blowing :D And it's a derby match so you can expect a boiling atmosphere made by the most fanatical fans in the country.

The winners of these three pairs go through + one "lucky loser" who scores the biggest amount of points among the losers. So even if Zielona Gora score less than 43 pts, they may still go trough but have to wait for the results from Torun (I don't think Tarnow have any chance against Leszno - they are gonna be smashed there).

Really looking forward to this Sunday evening expecting quality racing & drama. And all this spiced by controversy usual for the matches of such stake! :rolleyes:

PS. And I want Torun to fail :P ...because if they finish their season this Sunday, they will help one of the Bydgoszcz riders to prepare for our unequal battle (missing Sayfutdinov) in the race-off against Czestochowa (28/08 & 05/09) by renting him some bikes :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

Well that is my Sunday sorted, I will take Zielona to beat Gorzow, Leszno to win and Torun.

Dont forget the GP challenge final tommorrow ! !

I cancelled a friend coming over to watch the All Blacks playing the Springboks at noon, because of the GP Challenge. I shall feel a bit guity if it pisses it down in Vojens (as it usually does!). Join you tomorrow. All the best. Alan

Well that is my Sunday sorted, I will take Zielona to beat Gorzow, Leszno to win and Torun.

Sorry but no,Gorzow will beat Zielona Gora,Im sure the Gorzow riders will have done plenty practice laps this week in preperation to welcome their nearest and dearest.

Sorry but no,Gorzow will beat Zielona Gora,Im sure the Gorzow riders will have done plenty practice laps this week in preperation to welcome their nearest and dearest.

Gorzow have been practising since yesterday so 3 days in total. They are taking it VERY seriously. Every Gorzow rider, including foreigners, was asked to show up in Gorzow yesterday.

I think that Gorzow and Leszno will go through as the winners of their pairs. The biggest unknown for me is Torun v Wroclaw - everything's absolutely possible there, especially that they are unsure about their line-ups. Torun don't know whether Andersen will be ready for Sunday and Wroclaw are a bit worried that Bjerre may strike and not show up in Torun because there are some delays in his payments :rolleyes:

I think Zielona Gora will lose in Gorzow but I think if they score there around 40 points they may be better than the loser of the Torun v Wroclaw pair.

All in all - really hard to predict the 4 that will qualify for round 2.

Edited by Mateusz

I think that Gorzow and Leszno will go through as the winners of their pairs. The biggest unknown for me is Torun v Wroclaw - everything's absolutely possible there, especially that they are unsure about their line-ups. Torun don't know whether Andersen will be ready for Sunday and Wroclaw are a bit worried that Bjerre may strike and not show up in Torun because there are some delays in his payments :rolleyes:

Could any experts on the Polish league please explain why Torun are using the hapless Jesper Jenson and not Darcy Ward? Last week was a prime example of how useless this bloke is in the big meetings. For him to get another chance and in all probability do it again, they deserve to go down. No wonder Torun is struggling with crowds - you leave someone like Ward out for a dud like Jenson and you pay the penalty. I just hope there is a late reshuffle of the line up, for Toruns sake, or they are gone. Their only hope could be that Jensen is good at home which he will have to be superman to make up for his pitiful showing last week away. Could be too little too late and a disasterous move by Toruns Directors. I knew it was bound to fail, but didnt expect it to be so obvious. :P

Could any experts on the Polish league please explain why Torun are using the hapless Jesper Jenson and not Darcy Ward? Last week was a prime example of how useless this bloke is in the big meetings. For him to get another chance and in all probability do it again, they deserve to go down. No wonder Torun is struggling with crowds - you leave someone like Ward out for a dud like Jenson and you pay the penalty. I just hope there is a late reshuffle of the line up, for Toruns sake, or they are gone. Their only hope could be that Jensen is good at home which he will have to be superman to make up for his pitiful showing last week away. Could be too little too late and a disasterous move by Toruns Directors. I knew it was bound to fail, but didnt expect it to be so obvious. :P

Because Darcy Ward has been utterly rubbish this year in Ekstraliga? They seem to be very strict on him since his drinking achievements in Torun night clubs were widely described in a couple of local newspapers/websites a few weeks ago.

Check out the current statistics of Ekstraliga: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/img/tmp/stat/stateliga2010.htm

Jensen is 36th there and Ward is... 52nd. He may be good in Elite League but over here he's just one the worst riders of the whole league.

He may be good in Elite League but over here he's just one the worst riders of the whole league.

dirt wont like thatbiggrin.gif

i think byu whaty i seen jensen is a more complete rider than ward. i can easily see why jensen has continously picked over ward.he may score decent points in england but hes a very small fish in polish league.i was actually suprised jensen wasnt picked for wtc in place of klindt

Should any (or all!) of these matches be postponed, any idea on re-staging dates? :wink:

Because Darcy Ward has been utterly rubbish this year in Ekstraliga? They seem to be very strict on him since his drinking achievements in Torun night clubs were widely described in a couple of local newspapers/websites a few weeks ago.

Check out the current statistics of Ekstraliga: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/img/tmp/stat/stateliga2010.htm

Jensen is 36th there and Ward is... 52nd. He may be good in Elite League but over here he's just one the worst riders of the whole league.

Jensen was a lot better than ward has been in Poland,when i saw him at Torun earlier this year,and you could see with his style why he was so well liked by the crowds.

As Mateusz says,check the stats before posting, for whatever reasons,Ward ain't quite made it in the worlds toughest league yet.