British Speedway Forum

Everybody can have freedom of speech,where i sat in Cardiff this yr,surrounded by poles the abuse

they gave to Jason Crump,even wanting him to be injured. In my post do i say that NO.

Well done to Gollob fully deserved.

Thought the ref was a joke though. hampel looked like he had Harris in the semi final. The front on shot showd it. Wouldn't have altered anything in the scheme of things but unfair on Hampel.

Also the farcical decision to exclude Hans when Holta rode into the back of his was a complete joke!

Again well done to Gollob. Definately the best rider in 2010. Will be party time in Poland for the last GP.

Well done to Tomasz on a thoroughly deserved World Title.

.....and what a fantastic performance form Chris Harris,jesus he nearly got there too, i defy anyone that says he don't deserve to be in the GP's after that. 3 rostrums this year, that's his best ever.

May i add that Mr Grodzky had a stinker once again.

Edited by colincooke

Fantastic performance tonight by the big man a most fitting World Champion.

There will be one or two of his Scottish based fans with a sore head in the morning.

well done and congratulations to Tomasz, withour a doubt the best rider this year.

special mention to Bomber, a truely gritty performance tonight, should be safe for 2010 now.

I'm certainly not Gollob's biggest fan but he has deserved it this year.

Brilliant stuff from Bomber tonight :D no surprise of course that he has done much better this year with generally more dirt around but its great to have a Brit in the world's top eight on merit B)

a great nights racing , with lots of talking points but hey that's what sport is all about , well done Tomasz champ at last , and hopefully Bomber has secured his spot for next year :P

and hopefully Bomber has secured his spot for next year icon_smile_tongue.gif

well he is 15 ahead of 9th, surely that's enough.

hope he goes on to reach the 3 figure mark now.

Edited by colincooke

Well done to Tomasz on a thoroughly deserved World Title.

.....and what a fantastic performance form Chris Harris,jesus he nearly got there too, i defy anyone that says he don't deserve to be in the GP's after that. 3 rostrums this year, that's his best ever.

Yes, huge congratulations to Tomasz Gollob on finally claiming gold. In 2007 he was fourth, in 2008 he was third, in 2009 he was second and he completed the sequence with first this year. He wants more as well.

As for Chris Harris, he was superb this evening and looks comfortable in the top eight. If he stays there he obviously deserves to be around in 2011, but in the unlikely event that he manages to drop out of the top eight at Bydgoszcz, he doesn't deserve to be there.

What now for Jonsson and Andersen? Personally, I don't think either should be considered for nominations.

A final point about Gollob and Crump. From memory, every time Crump has been crowned, that's more or less been the end of his night. I don't think he's ever gone on to win the meeting, or do very much in subsequent GPs. Nor has he ever defended a world championship. We don't know whether Gollob will defend his title, but he certainly didn't lose focus or concentration after winning the title and he did win the meeting. That said, Crump's dignity tonight does him enormous credit and his record in the world championship is phenomenal. How many years running has he been top three in the world?

A great performance from a proud Tomasz Gollob, first Polish world champion for 37 years, truly deserved.

a great nights racing , with lots of talking points but hey that's what sport is all about , well done Tomasz champ at last , and hopefully Bomber has secured his spot for next year :P

Well Done to Tomasz Gollob on becoming World Champion at last. Can't believe SKY were saying it was undecided as Gollob would never record 5 0's around Bydgoscz. Now he has won what are the commentators going to go on about now?

Did I hear it right and the track announcer gave the result of ht 22 a good 2 minutes before SKY diclosed it? I may have to listen back to that but I am sure I heard 'Chris Harris 2 points, Jaroslaw Hampel 1 point' in the background.

Awesome performance by Bomber and just about secured what he said he was worthy of, a top 8 spot. Why is it every time Bomber gets on the rostrum Hancock is always there as well? Is he stalking him or what?

Congratulations to Crumpie as well as he is far from fully fit with his left arm being almost useless so I have been told from a reliable source. Hope the op after the final round goes well and we see a 100% fit Crumpie back battling for the top spot in 2011. SKY didn't seem to mention that Jason has now finished in the top three in the world every year since 2001, 10 consectutive campaigns, some acheivment JC.

Onto some of the worst now with Grodzki somehow still being allowed to take control of any speedway meeting let alone a GP. Must be the worst ref ever or he just continually forgets his opticians appointments!

The worst rider ever to grace a GP award must go to Crapanese. Has he finished ht 20 yet? Would still have been half a lap behind the rest at a smaller venue like Cardiff.

How many years running has he been top three in the world?

He has just equalled Fundin's record of 10 straight years in the first three.....did not think anyone would ever do that after Ove.

The meeting presenter did, but maybe he "jumped the gun"? Certainly the result wasn't posted on screen until much later. Certainly Gollob's pit crew and the man himself didn't celebrate until it was officially posted.

TOMAAAAASZ!!!!!!! :approve: :approve: :approve:

Absolutely chuffed to bits for him...he has so deserved this for so long!

B)

Glad your not seriously comparing Go-Lob with Ove Fundin. Plenty of riders have 'fluked' one.

Any comparison being made was not between Gollob and Fundin, but between Crump and Fundin. I don't think many riders have "fluked" three and "fluked" being on the podium ten seasons running.

However, the intimation that Gollob has "fluked" this world title is a disgrace. Has he "fluked" twenty GP wins? Has he "fluked" all his previous podium positions in the world championship. I'd think of Hancock, Hamill and Loram before thinking about Gollob in the "fluke" stakes.

Edited by ladyluck