British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Tomasz Gollob World Champion 2010

Show your appreciation to a once was the greatest rider too have never won the World title

I never had much time for the guy too be brutally honest but over the last 3-4 years he's made me love him. (I think it was the Ipswich thing :lol: ) and this year in front of the camera's I believe we have seen another side to the man, one with a brilliant sense of humour

He may only ever win 1 World title but I would place him as 2nd greatest GP rider of all time only behind Rickardsson. Talk about what you love & hate about the man as to many, he is like Marmite.

Show your appreciation to a great man and

NEW FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPION 2010

TOMASZ GOLLOB

Congratulations Tomasz Gollob.

What a rider, thoroughly deserved and a legend of the sport.

Bialo e Czerwoni!!

He may only ever win 1 World title but I would place him as 2nd greatest GP rider of all time only behind Rickardsson.

NEW FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPION 2010

TOMASZ GOLLOB

I am pleased he has gained a World Title in honour of all the entertainment and excitement he has given over all the years, but seriously Jason Crump and Nicki Pedersen must rate above him and winning the World Title has put him alongside Greg Hancock in the GP Series all time greats.

Hopefully Tomasz will be over next year to ride in this country !

There have maybe been better riders than Tomasz in terms of consistency but there is no doubt in my mind that he has been the most entertaining rider in world speedway for the least 15 years or so. For that reason I am delighted that he has finally won a world championship.

Congrats to Gollob - genius!

Also let's not forget last nights other winner... Leigh Adams regaining his title of best rider to never win a world title

The most exciting rider i think ive ever had the pleasure of watching.

A thoroughly deserved winner.

Gotta love the guy.

GREAT entertainer and worthy champion. Some of his passes over the years have been unbelievable and the reason you go to watch speedway.

At last Gollob is Champion! hoorah!! Well deserved. A Great rider!!

Tomasz Gollob mistrzem swiata!!!!

Well done TG.

A genius on a speedway bike plain and simple.

It took a while for him but he eventually got there.

Not everybody's cup of tea but surely only the hardest hearted fan would begrudge the guy his glory?

Congrats to a speedway legend.

Not really much of a fan, but un-deniably a great rider. Well done Tomasz.

Edited by MattyHart

Love him or Hate him,Tomasz took advantage of a poor Crump/Pedersen and deservedly won this years Crown.

To my mind it was the plane crash that woke Gollob up - made him realise the 'god given talent' he had

It was the fact that the plane crash woke him up to what he could have done over the years, as opposed to what he did.

My feeling was, he'd decided to 'make up for lost titles'.

As such, myself, I thought he'd win it last year - but it didn't happen -as his title challenge faded way - as, seemingly - that 'revelation' he had must have lost its potency.

But not so - he kept at it and finally fulfilled himself.

For me he's one of the most exciting entertaining riders I have ever seen and a worthy world champion.

I knew I was right to include him in my All Time Greats Grand Prix

:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Tomask Gollob, He deserves the title this year.