British Speedway Forum

Accroding to the official SGP page, Hans Andersen is in for a busy night :lol:

He deserves a spot in next year regardless, being able to race himself :P

HEAT RED BLUE WHITE YELLOW/BLACK

1 R.Holta (7) J.Kolodziej (16) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) K.Bjerre (8)

2 T.Gollob (2) F.Lindgren (9) C.Harris (14) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10)

3 J.Hampel (13) J.Crump (1) P.Protasiewicz (19) M.Zetterstrom (11)

4 T.Woffinden (15) C.Holder (12) N.Pedersen (6) G.Hancock (4)

5 G.Hancock (4) R.Holta (7) T.Gollob (2) P.Protasiewicz (19)

6 C.Holder (12) J.Hampel (13) J.Kolodziej (16) C.Harris (14)

7 J.Crump (1) T.Woffinden (15) F.Lindgren (9) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10)

8 K.Bjerre (8) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) M.Zetterstrom (11) N.Pedersen (6)

9 C.Harris (14) N.Pedersen (6) R.Holta (7) J.Crump (1)

10 M.Zetterstrom (11) T.Gollob (2) T.Woffinden (15) J.Kolodziej (16)

11 H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) P.Protasiewicz (19) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) C.Holder (12)

12 G.Hancock (4) K.Bjerre (8) J.Hampel (13) F.Lindgren (9)

13 F.Lindgren (9) M.Zetterstrom (11) C.Holder (12) R.Holta (7)

14 J.Kolodziej (16) G.Hancock (4) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) J.Crump (1)

15 N.Pedersen (6) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) J.Hampel (13) T.Gollob (2)

16 P.Protasiewicz (19) C.Harris (14) K.Bjerre (8) T.Woffinden (15)

17 R.Holta (7) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) T.Woffinden (15) J.Hampel (13)

18 P.Protasiewicz (19) J.Kolodziej (16) F.Lindgren (9) N.Pedersen (6)

19 H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) M.Zetterstrom (11) G.Hancock (4) C.Harris (14)

20 T.Gollob (2) C.Holder (12) J.Crump (1) K.Bjerre (8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Curtain down this weekend on an amazing series - possibly one of the best racing-wise we've ever seen.

BFD, there's no doubt that the racing has improved this year - but I still regard 1998-2000 to be the best years of the Grand Prix, with 2000 as the best individual year (the year that Loram won the championship).

Replacing Ole Olsen with Tony Olsson has improved the series no end, now all we need is a return of the cut-throat KO format. :approve:

All the best

Rob

Replacing Ole Olsen with Tony Olsson has improved the series no end, now all we need is a return of the cut-throat KO format. :approve:

All the best

Rob

That's true as that was an unpredictable format that threw up all kinds of interesting permutations.

Probably too many riders to pay for so thats why they dumped it.

Getting rid of Ole has certainly been a step forward.

Track looks very slick

To give the injured Gollob more of a chance of winning it perhaps? Gone are the days of the fantastic tracks at Bydgoszcz, not that I'm that bothered of course!

To give the injured Gollob more of a chance of winning it perhaps? Gone are the days of the fantastic tracks at Bydgoszcz, not that I'm that bothered of course!

could this be why next years GP is going to Gorzow instead of Bydgoszcz

Totally agree, it was a superb format!

Only problem with that format is it was heavily tainted by the biggest fault associated with the old one-off World Finals. In the latter a rider could go out and win every race all year long totally dominate the sport and clearly be the best rider only for a single engine failure or mishap (not necessarily his own by any means)to occur. Then history forever has an inferior rider in the annals as being the best in the world that year.

Whilst it wouldn't always have such a drastic effect reverting to the old GP format you mention, i still think that if has the ability to knock-out a top rider unfairly in the early stages of a meeting. Hmmmmm! i'm trying to remember what Tomasz Gollob used to do in the previous version of the GP's when it was necessary to swerve out of the way or pull back on the throttle in order not to ride through or over someone who had made a mistake lol. Or because it would mean he could be out of the meeting at an extremely early stage did he just mercilessly ride over/through them! lol.

Surely the excitement of a sudden death knock-out is still amply provided by the semi-final stage? At least that way we don't get deprived of the top riders at the earliest stage of the meeting and have to watch a bunch of nomarks battle the night out. A rider still has to genuinely earn his crust in a nerve wracking knock-out heat with the semi-finals. Anyway's i best hush before helping to divert the topic away from it's subject too much.

Is there any internet links for this as I just tried to go on to justbintv and wockychannels and they are now both password protected. I'm stuck at work and am desperate to see this one.

Many thanks

Chris

That's it for Gollob. :(

Will we now get to see our Bees young hero, Mr Pawlicki?