British Speedway Forum
fullockracingwa

Rob Woffinden Classic 20/10 Pinjar Park, Perth Wa

** 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic Rider Update **

More sign on....

More great news for the SMCWA and Pinjar Park Speedway is the confirmation that English Internationals Simon Stead & Joe Haines along with Sam Masters will join Aussie ace Ty Proctor in the 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic on the 20th of November. Steady and Haines are no strangers to Perth and in particular the exciting Pinjar Park venue.

Stead's last run at Pinjar was at the 2009 Western Big One, and will long be remembered for his '' BIG HIT'' with Corey Cathercole, then after dusting himself off to finish the night just behind the event winner Leigh Adams. Simon is one of the most spectacular riders in the world today and is big boost for the meeting.

Young Joe Haines, the current English U21 Champion makes his 2nd trip back to Pinjar. While in Australia Joe will be staying with his good mate and Perth regular Ty Proctor. Haines is a highly rated rider and is looking forward to the trip to Perth and being part of this prestigious event.

Sam Masters is coming off an outstanding first season riding in the British Premier league for the Somerset Rebels. Sam had a great tussle with Alex Davies and Frank Smart in the final of the 2009 Chum Taylor meeting at Pinjar. Sam is one of Australia's brightest young speedway prospects, a very professional rider who gets the job done.

Along with the super fast Ty Proctor, Masters, Stead & Haines are very welcome additions to the 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic. The SMCWA are currently talking with other big name riders and expect more signings shortly so watch this space.

Brad Muller

Media Liasion

SMCWA

** SMCWA Press Release **

.NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH.

2010 Rob Woffinden Classic rider update.

The Lindgren Boys....

News today that Swedish International, World GP & Wolverhampton (Uk Elite league) speedway star Freddie Lindgren has signed to compete at Pinjar Park's Rob Woffinden Classic on the 20th of November. This is a major coup for the SMCWA and the West Australian speedway public.

2009 Feddie topped the British speedway averages with a whopping 10.43, he has also been a regular world GP rider since 2008.

Freddie finished this years GP world series in 11th place, this guy will '' rock your socks off'' around Pinjar Park.

Joining Freddie in Perth will be his younger brother Ludvig, also from Wolverhampton (Uk Elite league) and current Swedish International rider. Ludvig is a former world U21 Finalist from 08, 09 and has also competed in the Polish league for Zielona Gora.

For motorcycle speedway in WA this is big news, make that massive news. This puts the ultra exciting Pinjar Park circuit on the map and finally out of the shadows of the ''Claremont Days''. Not since the Western Big One have we seen a better field of riders heading to Perth.

SMCWA President, Mr Andrew Heeps confirmed the news that both riders have signed on and looking forward to coming to Perth. This is just the news we needed, its been a great week for riders committing to the meeting, Heeps said. Not since ABBA came to Perth have we had a Swedish superstar in town. (Andrew's words not mine).

News earlier this week that English Internationals Simon Stead and Joe Haines will also be joining us for the event, the 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic will have a truly international speedway flavour.

Riders Confirmed - Ty Proctor(Aust), Simon Stead(Eng), Joe Haines(Eng), Freddie Lindgren(Swd), Lugvig Lindgren(Swd), Sam Masters(Aust), Frank Smart(WA), Dan Winchester(WA) Corey Blackman(WA).

Brad Muller

Media Liaison

SMCWA

Edited by fullockracingwa

I also understand that Sky sports pit side reporter and glamour girl Charlie Webster is going to be at the meeting presenting the trophys

B) Looks like the big names are flocking to the West Aussie Scene and it looks like they cant get there quickly enough.

:blink::unsure:

:approve::rolleyes:

Edited by dirt

It may help your marketing team to know that Freddie Lindgren topped the averages again this season, and unless there's shock news still to break here this morning Baby Lindgren is still a Wolves rider. :)

Great news for WA Speedway. I wonder if Freddie & Ludvig will be sticking around for Mildura Jan 5th?

I'm sure Tai will be very pleased to finally show Freddie his side of the world for a change! Ludvig will really relish this opportunity, he's a great guy, totally different personalilty to his brother, but still very pleasent to talk to.

A good summer ahead for the guys, I wonder if there will be a live feed? Rob deserves this as he was such a great guy. Whoever wins will probably have aleast one memory of Rob close to their heart, so yes, Dirt an individual meeting with a great sense of purpose.

Edited by superguest

Great news for WA Speedway. I wonder if Freddie & Ludvig will be sticking around for Mildura Jan 5th?

Fair wait....there....but I wouldnt put it past em.

Great start to the season and smart tactics by SMCWA to get a big meet happening early on, infact very soon.

Great stuff to honour a great man and a name that wont be forgotten.

edit: Freddie raced the Oz championships the year it was 5 rounds, in 08 I believe.

Edited by dirt

I'm sure Tai will be very pleased to finally show Freddie his side of the world for a change! Ludvig will really relish this opportunity, he's a great guy, totally different personalilty to his brother, but still very pleasent to talk to.

A good summer ahead for the guys, I wonder if there will be a live feed? Rob deserves this as he was such a great guy. Whoever wins will have probably had atleast one memory of Rob close to their heart, so yes, Dirt a meeting with a great sense of purpose.

Freddie was out here for the 2008 Solos Championships, along with the much-maligned Filip Sitera and the incomparable Joe Screen. A few enjoyable evenings ensued; I'm too much of a gentleman to name names.

Its shaping up to be a ripper Downunder season, Superguest, why don't you Come On Down?

Freddie was out here for the 2008 Solos Championships, along with the much-maligned Filip Sitera and the incomparable Joe Screen. A few enjoyable evenings ensued; I'm too much of a gentleman to name names.

Its shaping up to be a ripper Downunder season, Superguest, why don't you Come On Down?

I cant start to you you all how much this meeting means to the committee & members of the SMCWA. Rob was one of a handfull of workers that dug Pinjar Park out of nothing. Wuffy was the heart n soul of Pinjar. Didn't matter who you where, a novice, a super star you where all the same to Wuffy and he was always happy to help. There's not many riders in Perth particualy, that haven't had the pleasure to have met the man. This meeting will be the start of a new era in speedway motorcycle racing in Perth. On the 20th of November 2010 we will pay homage to one of speedways biggest characters, and be rest assured the man will be watching.

And as the SMCWA publicity people are doubtless aware, Freddie won the Elite Open Riders Championship at Peterborough last night, beating riders of the calibre of Holder, Harris et al.

And as the SMCWA publicity people are doubtless aware, Freddie won the Elite Open Riders Championship at Peterborough last night, beating riders of the calibre of Holder, Harris et al.

Thanks for the info, we have just had news that Sam Masters has pulled out of the event. Sam is bitterly dissapointed as you all could understand. The SMCWA will announce shortly Sam's replacement and other signings later this week.

Freddie says in an interview that he will ride in Rob W memorial and that he will stay in AUS. for vacation but he also says that he will return to Sweden in December to start plan the next season.

Edited by Ghostwalker

does anyone know what bikes they will be using?

are the brothers bringing their bikes over by boat with the Aussies bikes. And also Stead and Haines could be doing the same thing?

Edited by dirt

** Pinjar Park, Perth WA Special Edition **

Welcome home...

Its official, adopted sandgropers Sue & Tai Woffinden will be home in Perth for the event of the year, the 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic. Words can't explain how delighted the Committee & Members of the SMCWA are to have the family present. Rob was the heart n soul of the club during the early years of Pinjar Park and awarded a life membership for his services. The Woffinden family was instrumental in the development of junior speedway in Perth and in particular the birth of Pinjar Park.

For speedways fans here in Perth this is fantastic news as Tai will take is place is this star studded line-up. Tai is the current Wolverhampton (Uk Elite League) skipper & a 2010 GP rider and joins Wolverhampton team mates, Freddie, Ty and Ludvig on Saturday the 20th of November.

Speedway fans are in for a real methanol treat as Tai really motors around the Pinjar circuit. For those lucky enough to have seen this young guy ride the Pinjar ring you know what i'm talking about, it truly is an awesome sight.

This meeting will be a photographers treat as Pinjar will see some of the most spectacular riders in the world today, Freddie Lindgren, Ty Proctor, Simon Stead, Ludvig Lindgren and Joe Haines to name a few.

On behalf of everyone involved with the SMCWA we wish Sue and Tai a safe trip home and we look forward to seeing you at the 2010 Rob Woffinden Classic.

Brad Muller

SMCWA