British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

I think you got to look at the big picture and if British speedway loses sky sponsorship it could be the final nail on British speedway so it could be for the good of speedway for lynn to go elite .

Looking at the bigger picture as you suggest, don't you think it would be for the good of speedway if the clowns who come up with these decisions got into the "real world" and got the Bees & Panthers back on board PDQ.

Whilst that might be true, speedway survived before SKY and it can again.

Also It's a huge risk to take.

My heart says Buster will not risk 'his' business to please the BSPA, my head says, there is something going on, but that could be just because of the rumours and the fact we have heard hardly nothing from the promotions, whereas years gone by they have always kept us well informed.

Maybe Buster has been made an offer he cant refuse ( I dont mean a Horse head in his bed )and someone/s else will be taking the Financial risk.

Did you not enjoy the standard of the World Team Cup CTF, Ok it wont quite be at that level.

For me the Premier league has gone vert stale at Kings Lynn, there has been a certain alck of Buzz about the place. JC, when he first came in was full of bright fresh new ideas, but that interest seems to have fallen away somewhat. I think the Speedway at Kings Lynn could do with freshing up.

The sad thing about going Elite will be waving goodbye to Tomas, and missing out on local Derbys against the Witches.

Maybe Buster has been made an offer he cant refuse ( I dont mean a Horse head in his bed )and someone/s else will be taking the Financial risk.

Did you not enjoy the standard of the World Team Cup CTF, Ok it wont quite be at that level.

For me the Premier league has gone vert stale at Kings Lynn, there has been a certain alck of Buzz about the place. JC, when he first came in was full of bright fresh new ideas, but that interest seems to have fallen away somewhat. I think the Speedway at Kings Lynn could do with freshing up.

The sad thing about going Elite will be waving goodbye to Tomas, and missing out on local Derbys against the Witches.

The WTC was a different class, and no it wouldn't be at that level at all, we all know that. I watched it, but enjoyed it? Hmmm it was good but not heart poundingly superb.

The PL is what it is, I like PL, some like EL, some NL. But EL at any cost? Not for me, the saying, been there, done that and got the t-shirt comes to mind.

I remember Buster stating that EL wouldn't be at KL whilst he was running it, KL is his baby. IMHO it would have to be a mahoosive package from SKY to even entice KL to the EL.

Of course this is all pure speculation, mainly because someone started a rumour and it hasn't been denied, even though people have posed the question several times on the FB page with no answers, so the rumour continues until we are told what's happening.

It's certainly livened this thread up :D

JC, when he first came in was full of bright fresh new ideas, but that interest seems to have fallen away somewhat.

I suspect that the Chapmans are so pi$$ed off that every news article released by them is constantly disected to the nth degree and every single spelling mistake (and other such trivial issues)are being pounced upon and ridiculed by hoardes of forum users (both home & away supporters) that they have now quite understandably adopted the attitude that folk will be advised of developments how and when the Chapmans choose!!!

Really can't see us moving up, to start off with lasse wouldn't be with KL in the EL unless peterborough wasn't riding, and he is a confirmed starter.

I bet the delay is being caused because Buster can't get hold of Emiliano to agree a new deal :P

Think the KL team will look like this: Tomas , Lasse , Schramm , Emiliano , Jlo , Roynon , Lambert.

Really can't see us moving up, to start off with lasse wouldn't be with KL in the EL unless peterborough wasn't riding, and he is a confirmed starter.

I bet the delay is being caused because Buster can't get hold of Emiliano to agree a new deal :P

Think the KL team will look like this: Tomas , Lasse , Schramm , Emiliano , Jlo , Roynon , Lambert.

Now 'that' would make my day :approve:

I think you got to look at the big picture and if British speedway loses sky sponsorship it could be the final nail on British speedway so it could be for the good of speedway for lynn to go elite .

Is it possible you've been coached by the Peterborough management in drama queen-ery?

The EL is screwed anyway & has been for years, although the flouncing of two promoters might hasten its demise.

One advantage of Terry Russell's self serving wheeling & dealing is that the PL teams have had loose change over the years from the Sky deal, so won't miss out on that much. A few more PL teams would build a proper league. Even as (for a while) a stepping stone, the PL would provide a huge learning experience for riders - wherever they're from - so there wouldn't be a shortage of riders: it would strengthen the PL in fact.

Theonly folk I feel sorry for in all of this is Ipswich who, as part of coming into the PL are looking forward to battles with Kingg's Lynn. Let's hope they get them.

Is it possible you've been coached by the Peterborough management in drama queen-ery?

The EL is screwed anyway & has been for years, although the flouncing of two promoters might hasten its demise.

One advantage of Terry Russell's self serving wheeling & dealing is that the PL teams have had loose change over the years from the Sky deal, so won't miss out on that much. A few more PL teams would build a proper league. Even as (for a while) a stepping stone, the PL would provide a huge learning experience for riders - wherever they're from - so there wouldn't be a shortage of riders: it would strengthen the PL in fact.

Theonly folk I feel sorry for in all of this is Ipswich who, as part of coming into the PL are looking forward to battles with Kingg's Lynn. Let's hope they get them.

How about a bit of sympathy for, probably, the majority of Birmingham fans, who weren't exactly thrilled at the prospect of joining a NINE team EL, let alone a seven team league!

Witches - enjoy the PL, Lynn - if you've got any sense you'll stay PL too.

i aint going if that the team thats awful

i aint going if that the team thats awful

I wouldnt go as far as that, but the tail may be a bit long, especially away from home!

I wouldnt go as far as that, but the tail may be a bit long, especially away from home!

Andrew - if you really hate Kings Lynn why do you go at all ?

Even though Andrew E is nothing but a moaning minnie he's got a point as that team would come in at around two points under the limit.

Swap J-Lo for Richard Sweetman however and it'd be 0.01 under :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss

You may wish to listen to this. Kings Lynn are to go Elite next year it says:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1755326442117&comments

Could someone post on here what it says.I am not a member of facebook and i assume there are many others that are not either.

I am disappointed if this is the case.We won't get the variety of teams as we did in the PL.

There must have been one mighty big carrot dangled in front of Buster for him to do this.Or is he?