British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

I agree to that,we don't want to see the same teams 3 or 4 times a season.And we as supporters have to pay a higher price too :blink:

Some people will enjoy the repetativeness of the same teams, not for me personally :)

Good for you, I hope you enjoy it

if true and i still say if true i will enjoy every meeting thank you :lol:;);)

I'd follow the club whether it was EL, PL or NL because that's what a supporter does. There's good and bad speedway at all levels

Andrew, thats the most sensible thing posted on here all day. Probably all year in fact.

Not sure what to make of it all to be honest. Will wait for official announcements I think.

Guest bubble

All this talk about elite no way, its prem you see. two days to go and you will see

premier it will be, if not buster is a hypocrite

Edited by bubble

I for one cannot see us moving up, what with the elite in a mess as it is at the present time, who in the right mind would want to take a team up in the so called top flight until all the issues are resolved

Hmm Hope not..just as Ipwich move into PL & get ready for that great rivalry & derbies again...Lynn poss to move EL!!??

Hope not.

If Buster has been offered a kings ransom by for the BSPA to run Speedway at Saddlebow, would he not be crazy to turn it down ? The risk is all with them. He still gets all the income from the bar, food etc, plus a rental fee for what is now a tidy Stadium. Did he not do this before when Waggy and Griffths took it over ? If it fails he can still step in and take it back down to Premier League level. As Fans what have we got to lose ?

If BSPA are desperate for a club to fill a space to keep the Sky money, it wont matter in the swing of things, if Kings Lynn is a loss maker. It just keeps top flight (?) Speedway alive and kicking. Terry Russell can maybe afford to lose a few quid on it, to keep his income from Sky

Edited by semion

If Buster has been offered a kings ransom by for the BSPA to run Speedway at Saddlebow, would he not be crazy to turn it down ? The risk is all with them. He still gets all the income from the bar, food etc, plus a rental fee for what is now a tidy Stadium. Did he not do this before when Waggy and Griffths took it over ? If it fails he can still step in and take it back down to Premier League level. As Fans what have we got to lose ?

NOT FOR ME THANKS

Yes a return to the EL of old say early 2000's would be fantastic... but unfortunately that just isn't possible, with huge changes happening between then and now. Reading and Oxford closed due to the financial demands of the 'top' league and we were close to folding in 2002... do we really want to see a repeat of that?

The EL is completely different from the time when Lynn was last in the league, the top riders have deserted it and going by some sky meetings the fans have too and reading the forum and match reports from last season I can see why... the riders in the EL are so spread out in ability. You had the likes of Kozza who was inconsistant enough at PL level, riding for Ipswich regularly towards the end of last season. No offence to Kozza, but he is nowhere near ready for EL. It isn't just the British system's fault though, Poland and Russia are major contributers to speedway in this country problems. The top riders are earning a higher wage over there and are demanding similar pay over here... but it just isn't viable in Britain with crowd levels dramatically lower than Poland's Ekstraliga. It's just common sense that without the support of the fans then riders wages will not be paid.

Basically, you can forget the top riders, variety of teams, local rivalries... everything that makes speedway enjoyable for a fan by going into the EL. So what really is the incentive?

Edited by tastethepoison

If there is no Peterborough, would the fans not fancy seeing the likes Troy back ? Together with Bjerre senior

Edited by semion

A league with 13 opposing teams, including our old freinds from the A140 visiting at least once, or a league with 7 opposing teams visiting at least twice?

I know which I prefer :)

My other question would be to the supporters excited about the ''Shambles'' league speedway, do you really want what Witches fans have had to endure for at least the last two seasons, because I don't particularly and would be far more happy watching my team challenging for honours.

Kenneth Bjerre 9.47

Travis Mcgowan 5.86

Olly Allen 4.78

Danny King 6.78

Davey Watt 7.59

Tomas Topinka 3.82

Lasse Bjerre 4.00

Would be very good at home, and decently solid away from home.