British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

Don't disagree with what you are saying, we know that there are several of the world's top stars who don't ride over here.

Sure the EL has its issues but its still the highest division in British speedway and some of the world's best race in it. And if the Stars go for it with a competitive team then who is to say it won't work out?

As I've said on other threads its best to keep an open mind.

Don't disagree with what you are saying, we know that there are several of the world's top stars who don't ride over here.

Sure the EL has its issues but its still the highest division in British speedway and some of the world's best race in it. And if the Stars go for it with a competitive team then who is to say it won't work out?

As I've said on other threads its best to keep an open mind.

Agreed. The Ice Hockey Elite League contains none of the top players in the world and also has a SKY contract. :approve:

My only hope is that Kings Lynn are competitive in The Elite League. I would hate to see a repeat of our last season in the top League.

Can't see Buster stepping into an abyss - and don't think he'll be the promoter.

More likely a BSPA consortium as promotion and Buster's only involvement will be to accept the money offered for letting them do it and of course receiving the stadium rent, and the catering monies, and loan fees for Lynn assets.

If it all goes t!ts up in a year's time hopefully Buster (and PL Lynn) will resume in 2012 where they left off this year with no financial damage done.

:unsure:

Edited by Star Fever

Just a question - if a BSPA consortium runs EL speedway at Kings Lynn, could Buster afford and have the option to run his own PL side in the same season?

Surely it's more can the Kings Lynn public afford to pay to watch EL and PL at the same venue in the same season to keep it sustainable in both leagues?

Can't see Buster stepping into an abyss - and don't think he'll be the promoter.

More likely a BSPA consortium as promotion and Buster's only involvement will be to accept the money offered for letting them do it and of course receiving the stadium rent, and the catering monies, and loan fees for Lynn assets.

If it all goes t!ts up in a year's time hopefully Buster (and PL Lynn) will resume in 2012 where they left off this year with no financial damage done.

:unsure:

Would that then mean that the Chapmans have let the name of Kings Lynn go? Is the football team becoming more important than speedway? It wouldn't be Kings Lynn if a consortium ran it - it woud just be a Speedway team running home meetings on the track - nothing to do with Kings Lynn at all IMO...

exactly bagpuss :) just never seen elite league racing so if we do move up im more than happy to watch it everyweek

Every week???.....fraid not, no=one does ;-)

In some ways think it is great Lynn are going up, because then if Cov and PBoro come back to table we will have a nice ten-team league with two great additions in Brum and KL.

But KL have sort of lost out anyway? We just get Ipswich back in our league so that we can have a proper local derby, and we're moving up... and our other closest local derbies in P'boro and Coventry arent in the Elite league next year either :rolleyes:

I just hope its not going to be like when we were in the Elite league last time and that we're watching nearly the same teams everyweek with riders just not turning up for one reason or another. I don't care if I dont see the best in speedway, I'd rather see the up and coming riders who are in the PL for only a few seasons TBH but are more often than not, loyal to their team.

Would that then mean that the Chapmans have let the name of Kings Lynn go? Is the football team becoming more important than speedway? It wouldn't be Kings Lynn if a consortium ran it - it woud just be a Speedway team running home meetings on the track - nothing to do with Kings Lynn at all IMO...

Well yes - thats more or less what i was getting at - Buster was obviously planning to continue PL for next year, so i would think/hope the deal would be compensation to him for being taken over for the year. Then again of course, it might be 'son of Buster' in charge :unsure:

And it'll still be a team racing as 'Kings Lynn' - unless ofc theyre billed as the 'EL All-Stars' or summat lol.

Anyway - this is all speculation at the moment, all 30 odd pages of it ;)

Roll on monday.... :blink:

Edited by Star Fever

I also think we are being used. We could at the end of the season next year if we are bottom swap places with the premier league play off champs. I'm glad to see EL back, worried at the same time. The whole league structures for all the divisions needs to be sorted in my mind anyway. 8 in the EL, 13PL, 11NL. Might be 15 in the PL at some point in the future the leagues do look a bit unbalanced

Can't see Buster stepping into an abyss - and don't think he'll be the promoter. More likely a BSPA consortium as promotion and Buster's only involvement will be to accept the money offered for letting them do it and of course receiving the stadium rent, and the catering monies, and loan fees for Lynn assets. If it all goes t!ts up in a year's time hopefully Buster (and PL Lynn) will resume in 2012 where they left off this year with no financial damage done.

That's my theory at this moment in time as well. We'll find out in just over 24 hours...

Jonathan Chapman will be more than involved with KL in the Elite, do you think he he will be able to turn down the chance to get himself on TV on a regular basis!

Good luck to KL, they were an EL side in everything but name anyway.

This is a debate that I've tried to keep away from as I feel that entering the Elite League will prove to be to the detriment of King's Lynn Speedway Club, but at the same time accept that if that's were the management wants to put us, then it must be their choice.

What is really worrying me, is that although I've not kept an actual count, I would estimate that over the course of the past few days, I've received somewhere in the region of thirty or maybe even forty e-mails off-line, from people who come along to the Norfolk Arena each meeting, who have strong opinions, but for reasons best known to them, don't want to go public on these forums. Every one involved are either couples or families, and they've all given me the same message that they'll either go to Leicester (biggest majority), Ipswich or Rye House (just one couple) in 2011 if King's Lynn don't operate in the Premier League.

Only time would/will tell if that frustrated threat becomes reality, but knowing them as I do, I'm pretty confident that those who talk about going to Leicester will, and I think the two to Rye House probably will go too, as they live in Cambridge, and the journey would be shorter.

So what worries me is the fact that we could be looking at a MINIMUM of 60-people seeking Premier League racing elsewhere, as they're not prepared to pay to watch Elite League racing. If that did become reality, the club would be looking at losing somewhere in excess of a MINIMUM of £720 a meeting on entrance money alone, and assuming we had say 25-meetings just to pluck a figure, represents an £18,000 downfall in takings.

By being in the Elite League would crowd levels rise to cover for that loss, and my personal answer to that would have to be that I think the crowds would go the other way.

So much hard work has gone into putting King's Lynn to where they are today, a club that is the envy of a great many, and love them or hate them, that is 100% down to the Chapman Family, and they have my greatest respect and admiration for that. I'd hate to see that all get thrown away now, just because two clubs have gone down the route that they seemingly have.

For what it's worth, no I don't like the Elite League either, and if it didn't involve my own club, then I wouldn't cross the road to watch it, never mind travel hundreds of miles to see an away meeting like I do with the Premier & National League sides.

I desperately hope we remain in the Premier League, but if we don't, then I just hope that it's not the disaster that I fear it will be, and that those possible elopers tire of the journeys into other counties, and return to the Norfolk Arena.

It's the most worrying time I can remember in the past decade.

I would estimate that over the course of the past few days, I've received somewhere in the region of thirty or maybe even forty e-mails off-line, from people who come along to the Norfolk Arena each meeting, who have strong opinions, but for reasons best known to them, don't want to go public on these forums. Every one involved are either couples or families, and they've all given me the same message that they'll either go to Leicester (biggest majority), Ipswich or Rye House (just one couple) in 2011 if King's Lynn don't operate in the Premier League.

Only time would/will tell if that frustrated threat becomes reality, but knowing them as I do, I'm pretty confident that those who talk about going to Leicester will, and I think the two to Rye House probably will go too, as they live in Cambridge, and the journey would be shorter.

So what worries me is the fact that we could be looking at a MINIMUM of 60-people seeking Premier League racing elsewhere, as they're not prepared to pay to watch Elite League racing. If that did become reality, the club would be looking at losing somewhere in excess of a MINIMUM of £720 a meeting on entrance money alone, and assuming we had say 25-meetings just to pluck a figure, represents an £18,000 downfall in takings.

By being in the Elite League would crowd levels rise to cover for that loss, and my personal answer to that would have to be that I think the crowds would go the other way.

Totally hear where you are coming from Mike but for me people who decide in November that they won't go to watch their team next season should they go EL simply aren't proper King's Lynn fans. And I would imagine that those minimum 60 people who don't come will be replaced by at least that many who haven't been since Lynn went down in 2003, as well as Ippo and P'boro fans who feel the same about their club's demotion / closure (fingers crossed it doesn't come to the latter).

I don't really have a preference between EL and PL to be honest as long as the 2011 Stars are competitive, but what really gets up my nose is people who are not open to change, especially when many facts about the possible change are unknown.