British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

Speedway must be the only sport where fans don't want their team to compete at a higher level. I'd be delighted if Newport moved into the Elite League.

What's silly about moving up if it's a financially attractive option for the club :blink:

I'd have much more enthusiasm for the season if we do go up. Lots of new riders I've never seen before and teams to renew rivalries with. If we could also attract a few old boys back like Watt, Batchelor, McGowan and maybe keep Allen, Doolan and Topinka. Add in a top line heatleader and that's a team I'd love to see. 6 Lynn or ex Lynn riders.

Look at Rye's team declared. Out of that team, Tyson Nelson is the only rider I've never seen before. Plus Rye has never been a real "local" derby anyway. That's Ipswich and Peterborough. It's a shame Ipswich have moved down but hopefully Peterborough will still be in the league. If they are, those crowds will blow any PL crowd out of the water.

As for seeing teams twice at home, we'll we've had plenty of that in the PL before with PT, KO Cup and PL matches. Every team in our PL group last season plus Edinburgh and Newcastle off the top of my head were there twice.

The only way we'd see them more than twice was if we were successful i.e. KO Cup run and Playoffs. I'd be quite happy to see say Swindon 3 times a season, especially if the last meeting was a Cup Final :D

Who knows what will happen but going EL isn't all doom and gloom as some are making out.

It just isn't for me i'm afraid, and I am sure I am not alone.

Edited by crikeythatsfast

Not all of us are against it.....as long as we are competitive I'm open to the idea.

Not all of us are against it.....as long as we are competitive I'm open to the idea.

And that is the very reason why there will be a low points limit, high PL conversion rate and one 8 rider per team rule, to give a PL team the means to compete, not just to be making the numbers up. However, Cov and Pboro are refusing to play ball with these changes.

Let me get one thing straight here. I'd love EL speedway back at Lynn & if we are I'll be there week in week out but many others won't. We get told time & time again that EL speedway isn't viable for King's Lynn and over the last year only Poole has made any money in the EL.

Why now all of a sudden is it right for us to be in the EL when we've been approved for PL & drawn Somerset in the cup.

What I think is the BSPA NEED 8 clubs to secure their Sky money so they've cook up a super strong Kipper so King's Lynn can get done up like one

Let me get one thing straight here. I'd love EL speedway back at Lynn & if we are I'll be there week in week out but many others won't.

Why now all of a sudden is it right for us to be in the EL when we've been approved for PL & drawn Somerset in the cup.

What I think is the BSPA NEED 8 clubs to secure their Sky money so they've cook up a super strong Kipper so King's Lynn can get done up like one

And whilst KL suddenly enjoy EL they'll be doing so at the expense of 2 EL clubs...and those EL club's supporters.

I'm glad I'm not a KL supporter 'cos I don't think I'd feel comfortable with myself at the thought that other supporters were losing out rather than all the EL promotions talking things through and coming up with a compromise. It looks like KL are being used to satisfy the needs of some promoters to fix the EL how they want it...

I am very much for Elite League racing returning to Saddlebow. However, I would prefer it with Buster in charge, rather than some stop gap promoter running it on behalf of the BSPA, who had no feel for the Club, or indeed its supporters. We have to be competive, and not there to be used as just a filler.

I am very much for Elite League racing returning to Saddlebow. However, I would prefer it with Buster in charge, rather than some stop gap promoter running it on behalf of the BSPA, who had no feel for the Club, or indeed its supporters. We have to be competive, and not there to be used as just a filler.

Agree with that 100%

We don't need EL speedway so it should be an offer we can't refuse.

It could of course be the biggest game of bluff the sport has ever seen!

Well I,m for EL we don't have to break the bank with the team line up as long as we can compete at home at least those fans that want us to stay in th PL and love big home wins that won't happen in the EL but hopefully we shall get better racing than what we,ve seen this season at Lynn .But until I hear it from Buster we are still a PL team and who knows what will happen between now and March .

And whilst KL suddenly enjoy EL they'll be doing so at the expense of 2 EL clubs...and those EL club's supporters.

I'm glad I'm not a KL supporter 'cos I don't think I'd feel comfortable with myself at the thought that other supporters were losing out rather than all the EL promotions talking things through and coming up with a compromise. It looks like KL are being used to satisfy the needs of some promoters to fix the EL how they want it...

I'm not sure we'd suddenly enjoy it at all. It will be the same old story, King's Lynn in the top league = bottom of the table.

In the EL at the moment I think we could only compete financially with Eastbourne & Belle Vue.

I think things have gone beyond that, the statments on the Bees and Panthers websites, which incidently are identical tend to say things are beyond being repaired. Legal advice has now been sought.

It's a sorry, sad state of affairs, and if I were SKY I would show PL speedway and leave the EL to sort itself out for a season, or however long it takes.

In it's cirrent format, it's a shambles.

Statement on the Bees and Panthers websites are the same.

WE have been advised by our legal advisors not to make any public statement at this time regarding the future of Peterborough Speedway.

Issued by: Peterborough Speedway Promotion.

RELEASE DATE: Thursday 25 November 2010

Agree with that 100%

We don't need EL speedway so it should be an offer we can't refuse.

It could of course be the biggest game of bluff the sport has ever seen!

Well for Cov and Boro to be in the Elite League something would have to give on one side or the other. With Coventry apparently now threatening legal action, it could become an even greater mess than it already is. I would rule nothing In or out. I am not sure the BSPA would want to spend mega bucks on defending a legal action either. The longer this goes on, with no word from the Chapmans, the more i get the feeling the Club and the fans are being used. Buster is no fool, and its very rare for someone to make a monkey out of him.

I do have a little concern. It was reported that Buster had spent 200k on the ground at Kings Lynn Football club, which is an amazing amount of money, on a council owned property, maybe, just maybe he needs to get some cash back into the coffers, and this deal was too good to turn down.

I'm not sure we'd suddenly enjoy it at all. It will be the same old story, King's Lynn in the top league = bottom of the table.

In the EL at the moment I think we could only compete financially with Eastbourne & Belle Vue.

Screamer finish ahead of those 2, and we are nearly in the play-offs :D

Well for Cov and Boro to be in the Elite League something would have to give on one side or the other. With Coventry apparently now threatening legal action, it could become an even greater mess than it already is. I would rule nothing In or out. I am not sure the BSPA would want to spend mega bucks on defending a legal action either. The longer this goes on, with no word from the Chapmans, the more i get the feeling the Club and the fans are being used. Buster is no fool, and its very rare for someone to make a monkey out of him.

I do have a little concern. It was reported that Buster had spent 200k on the ground at Kings Lynn Football club, which is an amazing amount of money, on a council owned property, maybe, just maybe he needs to get some cash back into the coffers, and this deal was too good to turn down.

Blimey that's a lot of wonga. Surely though the two businesses are seperate?

It is all very odd. A simple statement from the promotion could quash the rumours straight away. The longer it goes on, the stranger it all seems.

Buster is certainly no ones puppet, he's had more run ins with speedway authorities than most I can think of. He's done things his way and he's now reaping those rewards.

As for the comment about going up and others expense, I very much doubt there is one KL that wants Coventry or Peterborough to not be about in 2011.

I'd like nothing more than Lynn to be part of a 10 team league with a competitive side.

If we are being used by other promotions as part of a big game of bluff then the BSPA can stick the EL where the sun doesn't shine.