British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

nope,got to go to 12.As they make up the rules as they go along,I might give next season a miss.

Can't see how anyone COULD argue that the second leg must go to 12 heats to count. The first leg didn't even get to one heat and apparently that DOES count!!! :rolleyes:

Any idea of the Hornets line for the clash at Buxton please?

Well THAT as a concept makes no sense. If it's rained off then the ONLY conclusion - based entirely on what you've argued - is that there is NO League champion for 2010.

Which would be the entire fault, frankly, of all four clubs which made the play offs and knew they were in them from 12 September but made little to no effort to get the semis started as a process until over a whole month later...

This was utterly avoidable and yet this is where we are now...

IF the 'second leg' (sic) goes ahead, it'll result in a title win for Buxton which I'd say can be said to be deserved based on their two-legged win over Dudley who finished top of the division. By the time these play offs came Newport had no sort of a side so really were a spent force.

Someone remind me again why the P/Os in the NL are a good idea..?!

Parsloes, surely it is more the fault of the league administrator, who should be ensuring that clubs have reserved dates put aside for the play-offs. If have to have play-offs, the aim should be for a mid-October completion, with proper reserved dates, this could happen quite easily.

I just hope that the one leg can go-ahead today and some sort of result can be declared. It would still be a hugely unsatisfactory outcome, but some sort of result is better than no result at all.

All the best

Rob

To be honest,I dont give a damn anymore.

This whole scenario is a complete farce. :mad:

At the start of any season,there are only two absolutely vital fixtures.The Play Off Finals.

We dont even have one of those now.

A sure fire way to keep the terraces empty.

Even I cant be bothered with this one off meeting.Had it been a proper Home and Away Final,I would have gone to both legs. :sad:

If the meeting goes ahead,I sincerely hope all the riders stay safe.

The result means absolutely nothing to me at all. :neutral:

Well its dry in Buxton at the moment and doesnt look we have had any rain overnight so its all systems go.

I can understand the feelings of disapointment and confusion from some people,but its now October,so you must expect the weather to be hit and miss to say the least,maybe the BSPA could look at the fixtures so that this kind of important fixture could be raced a week or two earlier,then at least if theres a rain-off there will be extra days to get the meeting on.

Hope it stays fine as were coming from Halifax, just checked Buxton forecast and it says, cloudy and slight chance of rain in Afternoon.

:blink:

I would have thought Newport would needed to have a rain off date for it.

Well once they'd set a date as late as this last Friday for the first leg and with the NLRC (disgracefully...) arranged for the Saturday in-between and of course the 'second leg' today, here really WASN'T any rain-off date they could have... :blink:

Looking forward to the meeting today - not getting involved in the negativity that seems to have invaded the thread!! All that matters is that we have 15 heats to decide who is the National League Championship Winner. I sometimes think that speedway fans are only happy when they're moaning! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the meeting today - not getting involved in the negativity that seems to have invaded the thread!! All that matters is that we have 15 heats to decide who is the National League Championship Winner. I sometimes think that speedway fans are only happy when they're moaning! :rolleyes:

Too right KCFM.All I want to know is what the line-ups are!!

Too right KCFM.All I want to know is what the line-ups are!!

I would imagine Buxton will be:

1.Craig Cook

2.Nick Morris R/R

3.Jason Garrity

4.Robert Branford

5.Adam Allott

6.Lewis Dallaway

7.Richie Worrall

This all depends on the fitness of Lewis after his fall last week.

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Come off it! ONLY a Buxton fan could fail to understand why everyone else who cares about the NL has every reason to be "moaning" about the appalling - almost certainly terminal to the future of the third tier as a meaninful competition in the immediate future - circumstances of the last month... :neutral:

And then awarded to Buxton as they finished above Newport in the league :P

Seems they've done everything else in their power to gift it to Buxton, so why not?