British Speedway Forum

...Tai wasn't in a position to be able to do the meeting this year.

Exactly the information Paul gave to me a few weeks back. I prefer to focus on the twenty great riders that will be in the meeting not those that won't be.

It will be a great line-up, the best to ever take to the Eddie Wright Raceway, the opening meeting of another speedway season, on an outstanding race track to raise funds for the brave young men (yes, even the veteran riders are now young to me) who get injured whilst providing us with the most amazing entertainment. Hat's off to those 20, plus the reserves, support riders and everyone else who are going out their way to put on a meeting that is better than Elite League standard at Premier League prices. What an amazing start to the 2011 season it is going to be.

That is a shame, especially with Tai been a locally born lad, with strong connections with Scunthorpe.

Spin King, but it's still a cracking line-up and will be a great start to the season. I'm particulary looking forward to seeing Bomber Harris in action at Scunny, and I'm hoping that he misses the gate five times. :wink:

All the best

Rob

I've been told that bookings can't be made online, they must be made via telephone (08715278960). Hope that helps.

Premier Inn is situated approximately 3 miles south of the EWR...its actually within yards of Scunnys old Ashby Ville home. For anyone travelling its postcode is DN16 3UA.

Again..Message posted on behalf of Scunthorpe Speedways Marketing Manager.

Thanks for that.

Ok PIC quiz in the bar sorted - £2 a go - Awesome prize (c/o Mr R.Godfrey) - 2 VIP passes to a PL meeting at the EWR (of the winners' choice) inckuding a programme and drink//food to a value of £4 - so food alone doubles your money

I will persoanlly donate to the BEN fund - but the proceeds of the Quiz is for the STING! (Scunthorpe riders' fund) - few more shenanigans in abr after the racing - whiskey roll (thanks June) a cert

Cheers and enjoy your day out at the North's Premier Raceway :lol:

Duffy

Spin King, but it's still a cracking line-up and will be a great start to the season. I'm particulary looking forward to seeing Bomber Harris in action at Scunny, and I'm hoping that he misses the gate five times. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Totally agree with you Rob, just think it is a pity Tai could not be there, but still promises to be a great day for a very worthy cause.

Looking forward to this meeting and to support the Ben Fund I have agreed to sponsor Hans for the meeting. Hope it is a good party weekend for my birthday. Be nice to see friends at Scunny again.

see you Saturday

According to Scunthorpe's Web Site 18 riders are named to compete. Is this correct?

According to Scunthorpe's Web Site 18 riders are named to compete. Is this correct?

The 18 are already listed on their site which have been named so far, but I guess there should still be 2 names to go? Would love to see Nicki P added if at all possible!

Yeah 18 riders named. 2 to go

20 Heat format each rider has 4 rides each.

The Top 8 go into the Semi-finals.

Plans all set & transport sorted. Already for the start of the new season. Just need the weather to be kind.

Plans all set & transport sorted. Already for the start of the new season. Just need the weather to be kind.

Yeah , we've all got our fingers crossed for that . We've actually got snow forecast for tomorrow :blink: , the one and only time i hope the snow stays north of the border .

Yeah , we've all got our fingers crossed for that . We've actually got snow forecast for tomorrow :blink: , the one and only time i hope the snow stays north of the border .

See you there mate,but alas,the Gravy Swilling Swamp Donkey aka The Moose has had to pull out....work commitments apparently :lol:

If only you knew how little he does,you`d laugh as well :lol:

Still,I dare say The Sump and myself will give the drink a go on Saturday,just hope the barstaff are ready.

Maybe a lack of the world's very best compared to last year but thats still a very entertaining looking line up who ought to provide some very good action on the UK's best racetrack. Fingers crossed for decent weather. As that bloke from the South coast would say, 'bring it on' :D

Well I have to say, that even without some of the "top names", this is still one heck of a line up! I am very excited for Saturday now and will for sure be making the trip down weather permitting, to support the SRBF! For me that is what it is all about. Regardless of who is stepping out on track, this is a meeting to raise as much cash as possible to support those riders who put their neck on the line for us each and every week from now until October, all for our enjoyment. A chance to give something back is much needed!

I think it would be very difficult to pick a winner from that line up... Obviously you've got your EL guys, but then a few PL riders who have experience of the track. I think the line up is very open and promises to open what looks to be a very entertaining 2011 season ahead (at PL level anyway lol) in great style. :)