British Speedway Forum
billy

Young Stars

Also if its No1 no room for Widman,Campos,Rayson,Courtney,Naylor :sad: either then, wonder if these riders will get a place anywhere

Courtney had been sold to Leicester anyway. He's racing for them next year :)

Rayson belongs to Ipswich so may have other plans.

Courtney gone to Leicester on a full transfer.

Campos reportedly fell out with the promotion so no surprise if he doesn't return.

Naylor would appear to have been ruled out with the signing of two new reserves. Injuries apart its a bit of a mystery why he hasn't kicked on over the last two seasons.

McDade may not be fit for the start of the season anyway after his leg break?

Widman was a bit part player last year so may be a squad member again.

Of course the club may have had a good look at any these riders and decided that the potential isn't there and that its time to bring in new blood. Or some may have accepted better offers elsewhere.

I would expect somebody like Lambert or Roynon to lead the team if available.

I'd plumb for Lambert or someone of his calibre as well. I thought Cal was after a team place somewhere next season, but then again, that's only going by what I've seen him say generally on Facebook. The latest I've seen is that he wants to race, but he may not if he doesn't get a place anywhere, which I think would be a shame. I hope someone decides to give him a go!

What about James Brundle , or is still looking for a Premier/Elite League place ? :wink:

How about Jack Hargreaves, hes been gone from the sport for a while but Im sure I read somewhere that he was looking to make a comeback. When he was at Brum in the Premier League he hit a rich vein of form and managed to achieve 5.5 ish so I think he would do a good job if his average fits.

I would expect somebody like Lambert or Roynon to lead the team if available.

I don't think Roynon would be allowed as he's our No'8 for the EL side.

Should think Kerr, Knight, Lowe & Mallett are certs for the team. I think they will go with Lambert as No'1

Is that a new rule then? Cos Craig Cook was P'boro's number eight last year while also riding for Worky & Buxton.

I think it's only D/Us that can't ride through all 3 leagues. Don't think the #8 is affected? As a #8, I don't think we'd be calling Roynon up that often...

Well, interesting who our heatleader will be now. Lambert is at Stoke & Roynon is at Dudley.

I have a feeling James Brundle is in for a return. He'll want to prove a point this year with us being EL I feel.

Well, interesting who our heatleader will be now. Lambert is at Stoke & Roynon is at Dudley. I have a feeling James Brundle is in for a return. He'll want to prove a point this year with us being EL I feel.

Indeed! Will Brundle really be given another chance though? He's already had a few (!)

That'd be interesting the return of brundle......

Well, interesting who our heatleader will be now. Lambert is at Stoke & Roynon is at Dudley.

I have a feeling James Brundle is in for a return. He'll want to prove a point this year with us being EL I feel.

I have a feeling he's not!

I do hope Mr Brundle doesn't reappear, he's had more than enough chances.

I'd have thought Darren Mallett & Oliver Rayson would make reliable heatleaders, with Jake Knight looking on the verge of being good enough to take on one of those roles to. Backed up with Lewis Kerr, Lewis Blackbird, Tom Stokes and one other, that wouldn't look a bad little side.

It's never been the aim of King's Lynn to go chasing the championship, but more of developing youngsters for the future, and the way that costs are excalating in importing overseas riders into British Speedway, this has got to be the way forward.

If that turns out to be the Young Stars side, then I'll be more than happy in the knowledge that they will give a 100% committment to the clubs cause, and at the same time provide some very entertaining track action for the punters. My only regret is that as Simon Lambert is eligible to race at this level again this season, is that we didn't use him, with him being a local lad and an asset of the club.

Stoke's gain is very much our loss I feel.

Roll-on tapes up time.