British Speedway Forum

From Lakeside's website:

"Lee Richardson was refused permission by the BSPA to withdraw from the re-arranged British Semi Final at Scunthorpe ... after the rider expressed his wish to put Club first."

I think you have missed the intended venom of my post. I no longer care what Lee Richardson says or does. He turns his back on his country so i turn my back on him. No further comment.

So why was North - A-Listed in the Sheffield semi-final? and/or B-Allowed to withdraw to ride for his club when Richardson has not been allowed?

Edited by JCookie

So why was North - A-Listed in the Sheffield semi-final? and/or B-Allowed to withdraw to ride for his club when Richardson has not been allowed?

cos he's an aussie ?????????????

I did love, at the Sheffield meeting, when the announcer kept thanking the riders for giving their time to be there. Given that it was a choice of turn up or face a 28 day ban, there was only really one option!

Although the sun is out there are some dark clouds to the south west and checking the weather through metcheck it is raining in Chesterfield/Mansfield.

We might be lucky. http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Scunthorpe

If it rains & as it might not be that heavy, the riders would probably ride and get it over with. Just remember to last Saturday in the GP, that weather was atrocious.

From Lakeside's website:

"Lee Richardson was refused permission by the BSPA to withdraw from the re-arranged British Semi Final at Scunthorpe ... after the rider expressed his wish to put Club first."

I wonder if he gets paid more to ride for his club than he will for the semi-final :wink:

Any updates for this meeting please?

Found it thanks

Edited by Badge

I wonder if he gets paid more to ride for his club than he will for the semi-final :wink:

In poor taste! Lee has shown his commitment to the club since his arrival for which I applaud him. He was not everyones choice but has proved his worth and built up some real respect from the supporters and management.

Qualifiers:

0 1. Scott Nicholls

0 2. Ben Barker

0 3. Richard Hall

0 4. Danny King

0 5. Chris Harris

0 6. Jordan Frampton

0 7. Ricky Ashworth

0 8. David Howe

0 9. Ben Wilson

10. Edward Kennett

11. Stuart Robson

12. Leigh Lanham

13. Lewis Bridger

14. Lee Richardson

15. ???????

16. ???????

Edited by JCookie

Qualifiers:

0 1. Scott Nicholls

0 2. Ben Barker

0 3. Richard Hall

0 4. Danny King

0 5. Chris Harris

0 6. Jordan Frampton

0 7. Ricky Ashworth

0 8. David Howe

0 9. Ben Wilson

10. Edward Kennett

11. Stuart Robson

12. Leigh Lanham

13. Lewis Bridger

14. Lee Richardson

15. ???????

16. ???????

Auty and Woffinden get my vote!

You would think Woffinden is nailed on for one, the other...Auty or Stead?

The action warmed up nicely as the meeting went on tonight.

Congratulations to David Howe on a near perfect night's work. Eddie Kennet also looked good and Ben Wilson was "on it" all night, too.

Lee Richardson was mega lucky to sneak into the last qualifying spot. Only Hart and Allen both falling in the previous heat left the door ajar for Rico.

Special mention to Worrall and Wrathall who mixed it with the big boys all night.

Good turn out under a clear sky (thank God sayeth Rob Godfrey).

Can David keep this form up and go on to upset the applecart at Monmorre Green ? :unsure:

Auty and Woffinden get my vote!

Second that.

I would love to see Josh Auty get one of the Wild Card entries, but have a feeling that it will be Tai Woffenden and Simon Stead.