British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Old Silencers In Poland!

Yeah. And they get.

As far as I know (basing on many riders' opinions read on the internet), it's not about the track length but whether a track is slick or grippy. If it's slick, engines do not need so much power and the new silencers are not that bad in such conditions. If a track is grippy though, the new silencers suck completely. And it's not only the opinion of some Polish riders who you might heard of, like Gollob and Hampel, but of many others as well.

Not all riders get paid, some are still owed from 2009 but they still ride in Poland. How long before the finances of the Polish clubs finally collapse like a pack of cards?

In the UK the issue seems to be transitioning from slick to grippy, the engine momentarily stalls due to the back pressure due to the baffling and the bike lifts, i guess on the larger polish tracks that might not be the same.

As for your wish you cant beat the laws of physics even with big backhanders in Poland.

Currently Poland has the best riders (world's no. 1, 2 and 4), the best team, 3 GP tournaments (+ Gorzow SWC) which provide A LOT of money to BSI and last but not least the best league where riders earn most of their money (you can't really compare the money they get in Poland to Sweden or UK).

This may sound a bit imperialistic, but I think we are allowed to dictate certain regulations in world's speedway - especially when none seems to have balls to say NO to the dangerous crap that the new silencers are.

I know you're not that type of person but that post comes across as very arrogant.

I think the rest of Europe should just say to Poland, If you don't use the new silencer then all Polish riders will be banned from all racing outside of Poland.

Polish speedway isn't the be all and end all of speedway. It would & will carry on without.

I know you're not that type of person but that post comes across as very arrogant.

I think the rest of Europe should just say to Poland, If you don't use the new silencer then all Polish riders will be banned from all racing outside of Poland.

Why should Polish riders use something which is just bad and dangerous?

Polish speedway isn't the be all and end all of speedway. It would & will carry on without.

It will miss a lot, though.

PS.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/03/17/rafal-dobrucki-dla-sportowefaktypl-w-gp-i-dps-tez-nie-bedzie/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjeIvZvXd4GjjeuEnfN9gtLGf_BgA

Edited by Mateusz

I've seen new silencers again tonight and no issues to report. Woffinden was in the dirt scrapping the air fence.

There are a lot of Poles I'd like to have in the EL but the rest of the world should not be held to random. If the Poles refuse to conform then ban them from the other leagues and all FIM events.

I'm really waiting for such situation (ban for all Polish riders and all Polish organizers) ... just for one year ...

End of big money for FIM/BSI ...

End for big money for foreign riders ...

Or maybe most of good riders ***** their federations and start in Poland? :P

Why should Polish riders use something which is just bad and dangerous?

There is so far nothing that confirms the new silencers are either. Until the likes of Crump, Pedersen, Hancock etc complain that they are dangerous, I cannot see only 1 Nation or a select group of riders from that Nation changing it for all. Maybe this silencer is revealling a bigger problem in the sport?? and had another motive not just to conqeur noise levels.

Edited by pcnorwood

End for big money for foreign riders ...

Or maybe most of good riders ***** their federations and start in Poland? :P

For 10% its big money..... the rest not so, if they get paid. Be interesting to see how the riders would survive in Poland alone and how many would want that.

I really don't get your point of view, Mateusz. How anyone could say "I don't care about speedway in other countries"? Don't be so rude... Poland is actually the best in speedway, but I doesn't mean that other countries doesn't mean anything.

But the new silencers are still quite dangerous. Zengota get serious injury, many riders in Poland already lost their engines due to explosions. Many riders are complaining on them, not only from Poland. Try to understand this.

Personally I don't think there will be any bans. Federations will get common opinion in silencers soon.

Edited by Vicar

For 10% its big money..... the rest not so, if they get paid. Be interesting to see how the riders would survive in Poland alone and how many would want that.

Well, they would definitely survive without the British league.

I really don't get your point of view, Mateusz. How anyone could say "I don't care about speedway in other countries"? Don't be so rude... Poland is actually the best in speedway, but I doesn't mean that other countries doesn't mean anything.

But the new silencers are still quite dangerous. Zengota get serious injury, many riders in Poland already lost their engines due to explosions. Many riders are complaining on them, not only from Poland. Try to understand this.

Personally I don't think there will be any bans. Federations will get common opinion in silencers soon.

I care but if someone has problems with some noise levels then what you can do?

At least the real speedway may survive in Poland while in a couple of years other countries will have speedway on bikes with electric engines or something.

Edited by Mateusz

Well, they would definitely survive without the British league.

I care but if someone has problems with some noise levels then what you can do?

At least the real speedway may survive in Poland while in a couple of years other countries will have speedway on bikes with electric engines or something.

I agree that they would survive without the British. It is going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

If PZM are banning riders with a Polish License from racing in foreign leagues, then Poland could end up an all Polish League with no Brits, Swedes, Danes etc etc. Now whilst all of these riders, of course, will want to be racing in Poland, the banning of riders from racing in foreign countries can work both ways.

As has been said, a Club in Sweden has recently been closed down due to noise issues so I can see them wanting to stick with the new silencers.

Another of Speedway's very own soap operas could be unfolding!

Edited by Reliant Robin

How long will it be before the noise issue hits Poland.... It will eventually..

There is so far nothing that confirms the new silencers are either. Until the likes of Crump, Pedersen, Hancock etc complain that they are dangerous, I cannot see only 1 Nation or a select group of riders from that Nation changing it for all. Maybe this silencer is revealling a bigger problem in the sport?? and had another motive not just to conqeur noise levels.

Pedersen said that they were life threatening and Crump has said that it's ok for him to ride alone on the new silencer but that he is scared to race with 3 other people on the track at the same time. Greg Hancock tried the Prodrive in the autumn 2009 and said that there were no problems at all. He then later took that back when he opened his engine in the spring 2010 and it was destroyed.

All of them are against the new silencer but say that they won't protest since they've signed an agreement to ride on them in the GP:s.

How long will it be before the noise issue hits Poland.... It will eventually..

It won't...?

Seriously - you'd be shocked how much everyone here is against these new silencers and any noise limits - riders, promoters, coaches, sponsors etc. Ask anyone that has anything to say in the Polish speedway (except some corrupted and FIM related oldies from PZM) if they have any problem with the noise and the only answer you'll hear is that nobody have ever complained about the noise here.

Mateusz - I'm quite shocked by your "We're the best and nobody else maters" attitude. :'(

No that nobody else matters but someone has to do something with the crap and farce these new silencers are. And from what I have been reading on speedway websites it looks like British, Swedish and Danish just agree with whatever they are told by FIM. While over here it's been a massive discussion between speedway authorities, riders, promoters and fans over the silencers for months now... We just don't enjoy taking every rubbish we are given and forced to use by some guys from FIM whose knowledge about speedway is comparable to my knowledge about cricket :P

Pedersen said that they were life threatening and Crump has said that it's ok for him to ride alone on the new silencer but that he is scared to race with 3 other people on the track at the same time. Greg Hancock tried the Prodrive in the autumn 2009 and said that there were no problems at all. He then later took that back when he opened his engine in the spring 2010 and it was destroyed.

All of them are against the new silencer but say that they won't protest since they've signed an agreement to ride on them in the GP:s.

And Emil has to sit quiet since he was given the wild card by them. But I bet that if you asked him off the record whether he'd like to use the new silencers or the old type ones he wouldn't hesitate and pick the stuff they had been using for ages and none used to have any problems with.

Nice try from the PZM though, but the SWEMO has decided today to still only allow the new silencers. So that means alot of Poles have to resign from their Swedish club now.