British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Old Silencers In Poland!

also Iris123 where did you read that we have a problem? The only track that i know of that have a noise problem is Gubbängen.

As i wrote....it was put on this thread.If one track has closed it is a problem.Nothing more,nothing less. :rolleyes:

And i do agree with the post PolskiZuzel put.Speedway has been marginalised and once one problem has gone people will move onto another.They will find one somewhere,sadly.The thing with those guys living by the motorway is similar.They knew the motorway was there when they moved.Now instead of just the noise they will get about 5 years of traffic chaos as the roof is put on the motorway.We will all suffer now as the speed limit will possibly be reduced down to 60kmh and the traffic will spread out onto the other roads to try and avoid delays.And now they are worried that the fumes will be funnelled out of the tunnels near their homes in greater concentrations than they were before.....

As i wrote....it was put on this thread.If one track has closed it is a problem.Nothing more,nothing less. :rolleyes:

And i do agree with the post PolskiZuzel put.Speedway has been marginalised and once one problem has gone people will move onto another.They will find one somewhere,sadly.The thing with those guys living by the motorway is similar.They knew the motorway was there when they moved.Now instead of just the noise they will get about 5 years of traffic chaos as the roof is put on the motorway.We will all suffer now as the speed limit will possibly be reduced down to 60kmh and the traffic will spread out onto the other roads to try and avoid delays.And now they are worried that the fumes will be funnelled out of the tunnels near their homes in greater concentrations than they were before.....

If you read some decisions from the environmental boars regarding Gubbängen you can also see that it is only one couple who is complaining. They sent a letter with their complaints regarding the noise at Tuesdays, they couldn't even be in their garden because it was so loud. It was just that Bajen had their home meetings on Thursdays, when the complaint was made.

If you read some decisions from the environmental boars regarding Gubbängen you can also see that it is only one couple who is complaining. They sent a letter with their complaints regarding the noise at Tuesdays, they couldn't even be in their garden because it was so loud. It was just that Bajen had their home meetings on Thursdays, when the complaint was made.

So often it seems one person or household can cause probelms for a track and thousands of fans.Pocking has had for years problems because of 1 woman(who was previously a speedway fan).Iwade has had problems for years with just one or maybe two people and i think Mildenhall have also recently had problems with one person!!!!! :blink:

Got the same impression after last two days of discussing the whole silencer issue here.

It's disappointing that instead of fighting for their beloved sport some people just seem to give up so easily and agree on such solutions as these new silencers... :( And I'm wondering what's next - because after a couple of years the noise levels may be lowered again and eventually, in 10 or 20 years, speedway authorities in UK or Sweden might really decide to switch on electric engines, as I was joking earlier. Or just shut down the whole business... Because what's the point actually - it's noisy, it's not environmental friendly. Who needs speedway - we may sit at home instead watching x-factor (just not too loudly, remember!)... with no noise outside coming from that bl..dy speedway stadium.

It may seem like giving in, but all we want is to watch live speedway. Without planning permission, you can't do that.

Poland can use the Old Silencers, but Poles over here have to use them - its their choice if they decide to race here surely?

Now that PZM is telling it's riders not to ride abroad with the new silencers, what happens when FIM declares a ban on all riders (non polish) riding with the old ones in Poland?

Then there's only Tero Aarnio and Jari Mäkinen left! :blink:

Now that PZM is telling it's riders not to ride abroad with the new silencers, what happens when FIM declares a ban on all riders (non polish) riding with the old ones in Poland?

Then there's only Tero Aarnio and Jari Mäkinen left! :blink:

Do you mean new ones? :unsure:

I don't think he does, no

While the PZM can insist on their licence holders using the old ones...the FIM can equally insist on all other licence holders using the new ones ! Then what happens ?!

I believe that's what our friend f-s-p was asking smile.gif

No, I mean the old ones that that are to be used in Poland.

While the PZM can insist on their licence holders using the old ones...the FIM can equally insist on all other licence holders using the new ones ! Then what happens ?!

Is that likely? Surely there'd be uproar if they insist on forcing something they've claimed is banned on safety grounds onto other non-Polish riders. :o

That's why I couldn't get my head around your post, f-s-p. How unfair would that be!

Is that likely? Surely there'd be uproar if they insist on forcing something they've claimed is banned on safety grounds onto other non-Polish riders. :o

I've no idea how likely it is. But there IS the possibility that the FIM will insist that all riders use the new silencers in every competition. While the PZM-riders may choose to break that rule (and face suspension from anything outside of Polish League racing), there is no way non-PZM riders will do it, because it would ruin everything else for them.

I've no idea how likely it is. But there IS the possibility that the FIM will insist that all riders use the new silencers in every competition. While the PZM-riders may choose to break that rule (and face suspension from anything outside of Polish League racing), there is no way non-PZM riders will do it, because it would ruin everything else for them.

Indeed.

In Sweden I believe Tunavallen from Eskilstuna was closed due to noise, track moved to the woods and regular fanbase halved 10-15 years ago.

Oh yeah I didn't read it properly. Still got my morning head on. :D

Indeed.

In Sweden I believe Tunavallen from Eskilstuna was closed due to noise, track moved to the woods and regular fanbase halved 10-15 years ago.

well new silencers wouldn't have made any difference, the city was only after the actual piece of land that the track was built on, (new expensive apartments have been built there now).

The arena it self were in a very poor condition as well so instead of doing tempory fix of the old one , they built a brand new state of the art arena. Such an arena would have been impossible

especially since it was the city who paid for it. The same city that rather spends 1.6 million GBP on a new artificial turf for the football stadiums were one of the cities div 2 teams are playing (div 2= 4th highest football division).

Personally i think the decreasing audenience is a result of poor results. In 2003 Smederna had a very good season (2003 was the second season with the new arena) with an attendance average of almost 4300, with 8300 and 8800

as the two biggest spectator sizes. Smederna was the league that season and the expectations were high before the final against Kaparna. However the team was a big let down in the final and lost both final meetings.

So obviously its very possible to attract spectators with the current location. Also in 2003 was the best attendances for many years.

From that point the attendance became lower and lower for each year, 3700 om 2004, 3500, in 2005.

As a result We couldn't afford to keep Nicki for 2006 and the attendance dropped another 900 to 2700. 2007 it was down to 2400, 2250 in 2008 and 2100 in 2009.

Personally i think the results is more important to the spectator size then the track location. Other teams have had problems with declining attendance as well despite being closer to their home town.

During the 2000 Smederna had allot of popular and well know profiles in the team like Peter Nahlin, Billy Hamill, Scott Nicholls, Robert Sawina & Nicki Pedersen. But for 2007 all of them had either quit or moved to other teams

so its hardly surprising that some of the spectators stayed home.

Although i am 99% sure that fans like Tarabanko and Zetters won't agree, esoecially since they are part of the "old guard, (while i'm a quite new fan). According to them everything was better in the "old days" compared to now.

Edited by Ghostwalker

There are not any noise issues with Gubbängen.

They have police permission to race in 2011, CET 19.00 to CET 22.00 on racedays.

They have never what Iam aware of being permitted to train on Gubbängen.

There are no tracks in Sweden that have noise issues.

This new silencers are a product of three tracks in Germany closed due to noise and Birmingham Brummies was under threat, that's all tracks.

This is the new speedway bikes

and NO IAM not joking!

Electric Speedway..

The poles has done completely right and show their fingers to the suits at FIM that dosent care a rubbish about Speedway.

This is the new speedway bikes

and NO IAM not joking!

Electric Speedway..

The poles has done completely right and show their fingers to the suits at FIM that dosent care a rubbish about Speedway.

Yes this could be the future.I know Egon Müller is doing development work on electric engines and i think if i remember our conversation right he wanted Smolinski to ride on one at the indoor meeting in Herning.But he is still having trouble with wheel spin/too much power...... :unsure:

Have to say that Egon isn't someone i would believe 100% though.I am sure before he started singing a song i had never heard in my life at Herning he stated it was "a big hit for me in England..." :neutral:

Edited by iris123