British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2nd Round Sunday 10th April

Hmmm Gorzow have deffo started slowly I mean Nicki P, not winning a heat???

And another rubbish performance by Andersen :P

Bydgoszcz lost today, I was a bit suprised. Emil I notice doesn't seem to score so well on away tracks. Who do they race next?

A fair result, Rybnik were a better team today. I expected much more from Sayfutdinov and Gapinski. The next match for Bydgoszcz is a home meeting against Grudziadz on Easter Monday.

And as for the televised matches - Tarnow track was way too slick, Leszno was too grippy (would be interesting to see how the new silencers worked in such hardcore conditions). But we like extremes in Poland, you know.

I will be happy if they prepare something between these two surfaces for the Leszno GP.

Edited by Mateusz

And another rubbish performance by Andersen :P

A fair result, Rybnik were a better team today. I expected much more from Sayfutdinov and Gapinski. The next match for Bydgoszcz is a home meeting against Grudziadz on Easter Monday.

And as for the televised matches - Tarnow track was way too slick, Leszno was too grippy (would be interesting to see how the new silencers worked in such hardcore conditions). But we like extremes in Poland, you know.

I will be happy if they prepare something between these two surfaces for the Leszno GP.

Very true tbh I mean he's good here but his form in Poland in recent seasons has been in decline possibly Zagar too.

Gollob is simply Gollob, he must be a pleasure to watch!

Emil from what I have seen seems to be struggling from the starts, I am sure this will be sorted come the GP series though!

Leszno was too grippy (would be interesting to see how the new silencers worked in such hardcore conditions).

No, it wouldn't be. On old silencers many riders had problems and fall. If on new so the same amount of riders fall would be "omg, this new silencers are terrible, you couldn't ride on it".

No, it wouldn't be. On old silencers many riders had problems and fall. If on new so the same amount of riders fall would be "omg, this new silencers are terrible, you couldn't ride on it".

Would be interesting to see if more riders struggled.

Leszno overdid it a little (I had a chance to watch the meeting through the internet) although I have seen harder tracks than that one.

It is quite typical for Polish clubs to prepare their track in order to eliminate the opponents. They do it at any cost - even health or life. Tarnow did the same just a bit differently by preparing something where passing was simply impossible.

Edited by Dexter

Synchronised pogoing from the Falubaz fans. Hope they're behaving themselves this week.

Tanczymy labado labado labado,

Tanczymy labado malego walczyma hey!

Tancza go kibice kibice kibice,

Tancza go kibice FALUBAZ hey!

Or something like this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBYUYENjw88

Leszno overdid it a little ...

And the result is an official investigation by the Ekstraliga authorities into Leszno's track preparation ahead of the meeting:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/04/12/klub-z-leszna-wytlumaczy-sie-za-przygotowanie-toru/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1TSEA_ENUK335%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhh0786m1GdCLa87-oSSObw9LePYCg

It appears that an hour before the designated start time the referee deemed the track unfit and Leszno had to undertake remedial work to get the track into the condition that was finally raced on.

Edited by ladyluck

Unless it has to be payed with a very rare 5,000 zloty note,it is hardly going to trouble them is it? :rofl:

Unless it has to be payed with a very rare 5,000 zloty note,it is hardly going to trouble them is it? :rofl:

I'm sure it's something they'd rather not have paid.

I'm sure it's something they'd rather not have paid.

Well if Dexter says tracks will go to any cost to ensure a home win a 5,000 zloty note is peanuts.They will be laughing all the way to the bank :cheers::party:

Edited by iris123

And the investigation is over already and the result appears to be a 5,000 zloty fine for Unia Leszno:

40 thousand zlotys... which is not that little (about 9000 pounds).

Edited by Mateusz

Thought 5,000 zloty notes were rare?

Like all coins or notes because of printing problems you will get rare ones ;)

Well if Dexter says tracks will go to any cost to ensure a home win a 5,000 zloty note is peanuts.They will be laughing all the way to the bank :cheers::party:

Maybe so, but it is a warning, and the next time they do so, they will be punished harder.

Anyway it was more than 5,000 zloty, I am told it is equal to about 10,000 Euros what they have to pay.

That should stop any future attempts to produce anything but a quality race track.