British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

The BSPA and Coventry and Peterborough are delighted to announce that both teams will return to the Elite League in 2011. Coventry and Peterborough accept that things said in the heat of the moment could have been avoided.

For the sake of British Speedway and more importantly its fans we are all committed to moving on and working together for the future.’

Allen Trump accepts that he said things in the heat of the moment which could have been avoided in relation to the BSPA and certain named individual members.

Taken from the BSPA web site

OMG who wrote that? It would have had 10 times the impact if it would have ended after the first full stop.

Anyway I'm pleased that both teams are now officially back in the league which is far more important.

Excellent,

Now can all you kiddies on here get your daddies, who no doubt are still bigger than each others, go back to your play pens and allow the rest of us enjoy the season ahead.

Welcome back Panthers and Bees. Long live the ten.

Allen takes legal action claiming he never said that. :D

Edited by JCookie

agree lets all have a big hug and move on.

mind you six months five lines of press wouldn't hold out too much for the rules, maybe December!

Well we have new rule books at Ipswich :rolleyes:

Great news BTW

Does that mean we can have Birmingham and Kings Lynn back in the Premier please

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Bisto.......

Does that mean we can have Birmingham and Kings Lynn back in the Premier please

Birmingham swapped places with Ipswich so that was nothing to do with the Coventry & Peterborough fiasco. I assume it was meant in fun but it's not the first time that false assumption's been made and it's so easy for this kind of thing to become a 'BSF fact' based entirely on repetition.

Anyway, it's all quite irrelevant now, as is the wording of the statement. Two sets of supporters can get on and enjoy their season - anything else takes a remote second place in the overall scheme of things.

Rob McCaffery.

Good news for all in speedway - lets hope a bit of harmony and respect can come out of this - I live in hope!

Birmingham swapped places with Ipswich so that was nothing to do with the Coventry & Peterborough fiasco. I assume it was meant in fun but it's not the first time that false assumption's been made and it's so easy for this kind of thing to become a 'BSF fact' based entirely on repetition.

Anyway, it's all quite irrelevant now, as is the wording of the statement. Two sets of supporters can get on and enjoy their season - anything else takes a remote second place in the overall scheme of things.

Rob McCaffery.

It was actually said in fun Rob, I suppose I should have put a smiley in.

The glaring omission from the statement is:

"We recognise that we have all behaved like children, we sincerely apologise to all fans for the unnecessary anxiety that we have caused them & we pray that Poole don't get humiliated again."

:lol:

Never going to happen in modern day sport, but would be nice if someone did acknowledge the people that really matter i.e. the fans, but I answered my own question in the first sentance.

So glad that this is all behind us, Speedway needs Coventry & Peterborough, and whilst I understand why the Leicester promotion picked Sheffield for the opener - you & I know, it should have been Cov last Saturday.

Until we meet again

Cheers Ian

Edited by IC Lions

1 2 3 4 Let's all here the Brandon roar

B.E.E.S Bees !!!!!

Welcome back both teams.

Excellent news :cheers:

Bad news for us at Swindon...we desperately need a couple of good spare riders...Seriously though...great news...Cov/Poole got to be on Sky ?