British Speedway Forum
Ryan

World Under 21 Team Qualifier

The referee was Jim Lawrence.

Thanks rikard5150!

Cant understand the Ukranian riders names, but surely Teams such as Newport could be bolstered by these riders.0

Not sure if any of them would be able to get a work permit for the UK. They certainly wouldn't have been eligible a few years ago, but I'm not sure on the requirements now. They have clearly been relaxed given Ilya Bondarenko's appearance in the Premier League this year.

However, all three of the top guys for Ukraine, Loktaev, Cukanow and Kobrin are signed to Polish League teams, and Premier League fixtures don't tend to fit around the Polish Leagues as easily as the Elite League fixtures. That's before considering their involvement in the other European Leagues. They are obviously all in the Ukrainian League and some of them will be making appearances in the Russian League, Swedish League, Danish League, etc.

Loktaev was listed to ride for Holstebro last night, and I was looking forward to seeing him. Still he obviously can't be in two places at once.

Loktaev and Tsukanov are both Russian with Ukranian licences aren't they? Not sure what that does with work permits, but I must admit I was surprised Bondarenko got one (but he has ridden quite well). Certainly Loktaev (who is only 17) is worth keeping an eye on

Loktaev and Tsukanov are both Russian with Ukranian licences aren't they? Not sure what that does with work permits, but I must admit I was surprised Bondarenko got one (but he has ridden quite well). Certainly Loktaev (who is only 17) is worth keeping an eye on...

No, not with the license.

Alexander Loktaev and Kirill Tsukanov - already citizens of Ukraine.

Australian Under-21 team:

1 Josh Grajczonek

2 Richard Sweetman

3 Sam Masters

4 Justin Sedgmen

5 Darcy Ward

Germany Red

Australia

Finland White

Denmark Yellow.

Sedgy must have got the nod by a whisker over Taylor Poole, Dakota North and Nick Morris as they all seem to be travelling better than him at the mo., although a couple of good meetings for the Mighty WASPS will no doubt ensure he's on the pace -

GO TEAM OZ!!

I'd certainly hope Dakota North wasn't considered if he's riding in a British Championship Semi-Final.

Strong side never the less, and should have a good battle with Denmark.

Edited by JCookie

I'd certainly hope Dakota North wasn't considered if he's riding in a British Championship Semi-Final.

Strong side never the less, and should have a good battle with Denmark.

I'll be honest, JC, I can't keep up with some of these Patriality calls; (Maybe I should change my Forum Name to Impatrial One :blink: ?) - I'm amazed guys like Dakota, Taylor & Nick haven't been sounded out to ride for GB, like Tai.

I was certainly surprised to see North's name included, as i'd heard nothing to suggest he was becoming a Brit previously. As you say, hopefully 1 or 2 more consider it, the opportunities seem a bit better whilst riding as a Brit.

Seriously tempted to make the journey down to Diedenbergen for this

Danish team

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Mikkel B.Jensen

Michael Palm Toft

Jonas B.Andersen

Lasse Bjerre

Look pretty damn good and should be there or there abouts

Finland

Kalle Katajisto

Jari Mäkinen

Niko Siltaniemi

Mika Loppi

Timo Lahti

spoilers.Can't see them really challenging,but they will take points off some and end up helping to decide who goes through

Germany

Kai Huckenbeck

Mercel Helfer

Danny Maaßen

Michel Hoffmann

Andre Mochner

Some talent in the side,but can't see them doig an awful lot.Maybe a heat win or two,but will be lucky if they don't finish last

Edited by iris123

After deliberately letting Austrian rider Lukas Simon pass him in the run-off for the reserve spot in the U21's German manager Rene Schäfer has dropped Marcel Helfer from the German team.Team Helfer said it was a sporting decision as he couldn't afford to travel to be a reserve.So rather than qualify and then drop out with a sicknote and not give Simon much chance to prepare he let him pass him just before the finish line

M.Helfer

how mnay qualify from Diedenbergen to Balakovo ???

Depends.It will be the winner from both semi's and then the highest scoring second placed team also goes through