British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Buxton (nl)

Sadly Darren has broken his femur and lewi has a broken ankle.

What a terrible way to end what had been a superb night of speedway. Lets hope both lads recover as quickly as possible.

With our backs now and truly to the wall, the club really does need the support on the terraces both at Mildenhall this Sunday, and more importantly at the Norfolk Arena next Wednesday.

From the Twitter updates it seemed to be a meeting that had every sort of action but the final bit of news was very sad indeed. With Adam Lowe being sidelined as well, the Young Stars have really been hit by some bad luck at the start of the 2011 season. Our best wishes go out to Darren and Lewis for a speedy recovery.

On a more positive note it appears that there were more spectators there than usual so hopefully that will continue down there at the NA.

Lewis has a confirmed broken ankle. Thats two riders out for a least 6 weeks! What will the young stars do now? Draft in a guest each meeting? Gutted for Lewis and Darren. :-s

Well, what can I say.

That was the first NL meeting I can happily say I very, very much enjoyed. This only spoilt by Darren's absolutely horrendous crash at absolute full speed in heat 15. Although a racing crash Adam Allott has to share some of the blame as he didn't allow any room. He looked over his shoulder out of turn 2 and seen Mallett had the speed and squeezed him up on bend 3 and the only option was the fence. Allott is someone that should know better :nono: BUT, EL, PL, NL nobody likes to lose / drop points and that's part of racing.

I'm so sad for Mallett. It's bloody time this boy gets some luck please. None of the injuries he's suffered in his career have all come from errors of other riders.

HAve to say again, heat 15 apart, no include heat 15 apart from the crash it was an absolute belter of a meeting.

Best wishes to Darren Mallett this morning and hope all goes well

Would someone post the heat details please?

Best wishes to both the injured Lynn riders. You really have to feel for Darren, that boy has suffered so many injuries over the years. Makes me wonder if he hadnt of had such bad luck where he would be in the Sport.

Edited by semion

Would someone post the heat details please?

Riders individual race scores would be appreciated please.

Best wishes to both riders on their recovery, its absolutely awful for both riders for differing reasons really. Lewi is trying to make his way in the sport and this happens and Darren has had such awful luck for many years now and I have to agree with previous posts about where he would be now had it not been for all his injuries. Had a text from Lewi earlier this morning and he seems in good spirits back to hospital tomorrow for his op. He just wants to be back on a bike again. These riders are really a different breed, arent they.

Good luck guys, hope to see u back soon.

A good meeting marred by the injuries to Darren and Lewis. It was the meeting that had everything but also had what we didn't want. Our best wishes to Darren and Lewis.

What awful news this is Darren has suffered many injuries and I am gutted for him whilst Lewis is is a newcomer who could have done without this delay in his career.

I wish both of them all the very best in their recovery

Malcolm Vasey

Well, what can I say.

That was the first NL meeting I can happily say I very, very much enjoyed. This only spoilt by Darren's absolutely horrendous crash at absolute full speed in heat 15. Although a racing crash Adam Allott has to share some of the blame as he didn't allow any room. He looked over his shoulder out of turn 2 and seen Mallett had the speed and squeezed him up on bend 3 and the only option was the fence. Allott is someone that should know better :nono: BUT, EL, PL, NL nobody likes to lose / drop points and that's part of racing.

I'm so sad for Mallett. It's bloody time this boy gets some luck please. None of the injuries he's suffered in his career have all come from errors of other riders.

HAve to say again, heat 15 apart, no include heat 15 apart from the crash it was an absolute belter of a meeting.

Best wishes to Darren Mallett this morning and hope all goes well

Couldnt let this go unanswered, Adam was atleast a bike length ahead and Darren fell completely om his own.

Its horrible news that Darren has broken his femur but no way was Adam Allot anything to do with it.

Chopper

Edited by chopper

Sadly couldnt get along to the meeting last night. Was there a decent crowd in ? Also with the injuries, did the safety fence not do its job ?

Riders individual race scores would be appreciated please.

Hello, I'm also looking for details of this match. Hope you all help!

Have quite a bit to do first but if no one else comes up with match details, I'll put them on here later today.

Meanwhile my, and I'm sure everyone else's thoughts are with broken bones victims Darren Mallett and Lewis Kerr both of whom I believe face operations today. Here's to a very speedy recovery for them both.