British Speedway Forum

Well it seems now that Ipswitch have been handed a place after all, with Doolan and Poole representing. This comes after Barker is called up as a track reserve at the GP so cant ride in this.

I hope Barker gets a maximum and Plymouth go and win this bloody thing now, after reading all the moaning on here!

Can a one man team win the pairs? :unsure:

There will be quite a few withdrawals leading up to the meeting, as it's probably the worst pay day for anyone outside the top 3.

I really cannot understand the doom and gloom of some of the people on here!

Ok, not every team is in this meeting and many might agree that the system of qualification is not right etc... but, lets not forget that this meeting still has a top line up with the riders taking part and it is part of a fantastic weekend and celebration of speedway in Britain!

I personally think that the line up is very wide open with any number of teams in with a shot and I cannot wait for it!! :)

I just hope that the weather is kind to us and the track is in top condition :)

I hope Barker gets a maximum and Plymouth go and win this bloody thing now, after reading all the moaning on here!

Plymouth withdrawn and replaced by Ipswich - www.speedwaygb.co

I really cannot understand the doom and gloom of some of the people on here!

Ok, not every team is in this meeting and many might agree that the system of qualification is not right etc... but, lets not forget that this meeting still has a top line up with the riders taking part and it is part of a fantastic weekend and celebration of speedway in Britain!

I personally think that the line up is very wide open with any number of teams in with a shot and I cannot wait for it!! :)

I just hope that the weather is kind to us and the track is in top condition :)

Spot on . This is always a brilliant meeting at Somerset , much more entertaining than what's on offer the following evening 50 or so miles up the road .

Spot on . This is always a brilliant meeting at Somerset , much more entertaining than what's on offer the following evening 50 or so miles up the road .

Couldn't agree more. For me it's a much better meeting than the GP. Highlight of the speedway weekend,hardly a dull race at Somerset and some great track experts on show to produce anothr great meeting i hope. wide open and i hope to see another spectacular Jordan Frampton performance alongside a rejuvinated Chris Neath. Probably half a dozen teams could win it.

GROUP 1

RYE HOUSE (Jordan Frampton, Chris Neath)= 15.83

GLASGOW (Joe Screen, James Grieves)= 16.08

LEICESTER (Richard Sweetman, Richard Hall)= 14.64

NEWCASTLE (Derek Sneddon, Stuart Robson)= 14.05

WORKINGTON (James Wright, Rusty Harrison)= 15.92

GROUP 2

SOMERSET (Sam Masters, Cory Gathercole)= 14.40

SHEFFIELD (Ricky Ashworth, Shane Parker)= 15.96

IPSWICH (Kevin Doolan, Taylor Poole)= 15.20

EDINBURGH (Kevin Wolbert, Craig Cook)= 15.55

REDCAR (Jason Lyons, Aaron Summers)= 15.69

The qualifiers from group 1 is tough to call with Leicester being certs NOT to make it through.

The qualifiers from group 2 though looks much easier with Somerset & Sheffield nailed on to make the final

Edited by screamer

is Mark Lemon not out injured?

is Mark Lemon not out injured?

You're right, it should be Derek Sneddon

You're right, it should be Derek Sneddon

no disrespect to derek but cant believe ncstle have gone for sneddon over nedermark - what a joke!! the season just gets worse for the diamonds

There will be quite a few withdrawals leading up to the meeting, as it's probably the worst pay day for anyone outside the top 3.

Really? Just how poor is it?

no disrespect to derek but cant believe ncstle have gone for sneddon over nedermark - what a joke!! the season just gets worse for the diamonds

I don't know but there may have been a minimum qualifying league meetings. :rolleyes:

Don't think anybody was objecting to Plymouths inclusion, more the fact that teams were left out.

Delighted we're now in, but doesn't change my opinion that the whole format is wrong. Feel sorry for the Plymouth fans who no doubt would have been there in force.