British Speedway Forum

Artem laguta may not be able to ride at cardiff due to not being able to get into country due to paperwork and tests etc.

Zorro looks set to replace him

This is a joke. Aussies and americans can ride that aint in Europe yet russia cant and there in Europe. No offence to aussies and greg there BTW.

What team are russia going to send out at the world cup?

Where does this news come from?

Would be disappointed if this is true, because Laguta seemed to be much more on the pace in Parken and I think he could have upset a few in Cardiff.

It's being discussed on the yahoo list. Stekkers has pointed out that half a dozen riders could not get visas to ride in the race off last year in Balakova, so it's not the first time visas have got in the way.

It would be interesting to know why Laguta has not been granted a visa.

Would be disappointed if this is true, because Laguta seemed to be much more on the pace in Parken and I think he could have upset a few in Cardiff.

Reported on Sportowefakty that it has been reported in Sweden (although it isn't on Aktuellspeedway)

According to Swedish newspaper Kuriren Eskilstuna Zetterstroem Magnus runs in Saturday's British Grand Prix in Cardiff. The Swede is the first reserve this year's cycle.

"Zorro" is to take place in these professions Artioma Łaguty . The experienced Swede, due to start in Cardiff, will not participate in Thursday's match Allsvenskan League. Łaguty reason for absenteeism is probably the lack of a visa to Wales.

I saw on twitter

No great loss , he's even more out of his depth in the GP's than Tai Woffinden was last year .

This is a joke. Aussies and americans can ride that aint in Europe yet russia cant and there in Europe. No offence to aussies and greg there BTW.

Why is it a joke that riders from a Commonwealth country can ride in this country over ones from an Eastern European/Asian country to which we have no ties whatsoever?

Edited by Diesel

Why is it a joke that riders from a Commonwealth country can ride in this country over ones from an Eastern European/Asian country to which we have no ties whatsoever?

America isn't commonwealth...

For the sake of this argument, Russia and America are surely considered the same?

To me it does seem a bit ridiculous, but hey ho, just another example of how our immigration system sucks!!

Edited by cometsfan2k4

Can't he just hide in the back of lorry? Would also save him hotel bills as well as the local council would most likely provide him with a free house once he's here.

Can't he just hide in the back of lorry? Would also save him hotel bills as well as the local council would most likely provide him with a free house once he's here.

Exactly , plus he could claim a few bob to top up his earnings after getting zero points .

Artem laguta may not be able to ride at cardiff due to not being able to get into country due to paperwork and tests etc.

Zorro looks set to replace him

What team are russia going to send out at the world cup?

Americans do not require a visa to travel to the UK. They only need a work permit if they are working in the UK. While the Cardiff GP is in Wales, the riders are paid from Geneva therefore are not working in the UK.

The big question with Laguta is when did he apply for the visa. He has had 8 months to work this out not the 9 days that the guys riding in Balakovo had last year. Out of the 9 days, 4 of them were weekends. Also just for the people who ask, Emil would be traveling here on his Polish passport.

Exactly , plus he could claim a few bob to top up his earnings after getting zero points .

Precisely. Makes you wonder about how our immigration laws work within the EU though. Surely if he has raced in other EU countries he should be entitled to come and race here?

America isn't commonwealth...

For the sake of this argument, Russia and America are surely considered the same?

To me it does seem a bit ridiculous, but hey ho, just another example of how our immigration system sucks!!

That is why I referred to 'country' in the singular, clearly meaning Australia.

I'd still say we had closer ties with America.

Quality lol

I am really happy about this,seeing Zorro race again is terrific as far as i am concerned,prefer it if he was in Poole colours but hopefully that may happen again sometime,you never know do you.