British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall V Buxton - National League

Very sorry if Ive offended you in any way but Im only stating the true facts as was very clear to see yesterday at West Row. Nothing Ive said is not the truth so wheres the harm in it, thats life if you abuse it. Heeps will be at reserve for Witches next season I have no doubt have you?

As 2ndbendpostie said to you this is a Mildenhall thread, so please leave your vitriolic attacks on Jerran Hart to the PL thread :rolleyes::angry:

To answer your question, he is indeed in my opinion a real talent, and showed his true professionalism more off the track than on it this weekend, by staying away from Cardiff and preparing for Sundays meeting in the correct manner! That said yes he will be reserve at some point for Ipswich, but personally i'd give him a second season at Mildenhall, with him starting at Number 8 for Ipswich and then perhaps being given his chance around this time next year if all is well. There is no need to rush him, and I personally think with that approach Ipswich will reap the benifit for the next two-three years.

Heeps will double up if the scores keep coming seeing as he is an ippo asset rather than mildy, however lets see how he gets on over the season.

Ok, Cameron Heeps top scored on his debut. Ok, he was the most exciting rider on view. Ok, he got his points from the back.

But apart from that, what did he do!

No wonder nobody wanted us to have him!! Good on ya Camo!

I personally think with that approach Ipswich will reap the benifit for the next two-three years.

And beyond that hopefully. For what its worth i think he'll do a full season at Midenhall next year but time will tell.

My first visit to Mildenhall on Sunday for donkey's years and i enjoyed it. Very nice set up you have there.

Ok, Cameron Heeps top scored on his debut. Ok, he was the most exciting rider on view. Ok, he got his points from the back.

Don't forget Branflake didn't do too badly, Wag: whenever his bike's working he's winning. Surely a pointer for the BSPA and NL clubs next year - exciting Aussie juniors will put bums on seats and improve racing no end.

Great to see Cam's finally overcome British Bureaucratic Bulldust at last. A very level-headed youngster with tonnes of potential.

Edited by BigFatDave

I dont care this is a Mildenhall thread not an Ipswich one so your opinion is not relevant to the NL asection.

Well it pains me to have to say this after explaining to you (which I didnt have to do after all who are you to tell me what to do or not to do :nono: ) but I dont care what you say :rofl: so touche :lol:

Tip top post Wag you are so so right and the Witches will reap the awards next season when the lad lines up at reserve :party: to take you know whos place :t: cant wait :cheers:

Quality first up effort from Cameron looked assured on the bike and attacked the track from the start.

Obviously the track staff had started to water early and to have a mid afternnon meeting on a warm day

and have very little dust and two good racing lines still in heat 15 was a credit to them.

All finished off by a nice spread of food for the riders, mechs and staff, and a well needed cold pint of lager.

I can see why people are turning up in good numbers.

Darrell Branford

I see you are a mechanic when it comes to free food!!! Wasn't laid on when BV were there, unless they kept it hidden until we had left. Say well done to Rob - there can't be many visitors go to West Row and come away with a maximum.

Martin

Don't forget Branflake didn't do too badly, Wag: whenever his bike's working he's winning. Surely a pointer for the BSPA and NL clubs next year - exciting Aussie juniors will put bums on seats and improve racing no end.

Great to see Cam's finally overcome British Bureaucratic Bulldust at last. A very level-headed youngster with tonnes of potential.

Totally agree on all points, Rob Branford was top quality and has moved up a gear from last team he was here and he was very impressive then. Showed maturity in stalking JJ until bend 4 lap 4 in Ht6 and taking him on the line.

Crowd was well up, hopefully some of these will return again and also spread the word about the NL - all we need to do now is get rid of some of the negativity in some quarters and put a bit of balance into the best way forwards for the league. They will raise the barrier and bring out the best in the up and coming young brits which can only be good for the sport.

Met with Cameron and his mum on Sunday, excellent charming down to earth people people who had the time to stand and have a chat after the meeting - they deserve the opportunity having uprooted the family and flown halfway around the world. Lads like this will be a big benefit to UK speedway for years to come, and add some colour and excitement along the way.

I see you are a mechanic when it comes to free food!!! Wasn't laid on when BV were there, unless they kept it hidden until we had left. Say well done to Rob - there can't be many visitors go to West Row and come away with a maximum.

Martin

Youve sussed me out Martin, i only mechaniced at Bellue Vue for the free biscuits.

Whos going to be the first club to hand out the free pints, then maybe BFD will help out.

Chopper

Youve sussed me out Martin, i only mechaniced at Bellue Vue for the free biscuits.

Whos going to be the first club to hand out the free pints, then maybe BFD will help out.

Chopper

I've lost count of the number of times I've generously offered to give up my valuable time and help out behind the bar at Gillman, all to no avail. :rolleyes:

Very shrewd judge of character, Dave Parker. :mad:

Gotta agree Dave. Apart from Adam Roynon, young Mr Branford has been the best visiting rider this season, in my opinion.

I also have to agree with NorwichKev (how agreeable am I!)regarding the maturity he showed when stalking JJ before beating him on the line.

There are lots of smiles on the West Row terraces at the moment. We have quality speedway, an exciting and competitive side and a great management team (who don't take any crap!)

Long may it continue!

These are great days at Mildenhall the best Ive known for many a long day. Great team, great management team, good crowds and an excitingly prepared track. Now Cameron Heeps has been allowed to ride things look like getting even better. And those WONDERFUL fish"n"chips mmmmmmmm luvvvvvvvvverly :wink:

Going off topic slightly, but does anyone know Buxton track's post code, as satnav not recognising the track address. Thanks

These are great days at Mildenhall the best Ive known for many a long day. Great team, great management team, good crowds and an excitingly prepared track. Now Cameron Heeps has been allowed to ride things look like getting even better. And those WONDERFUL fish"n"chips mmmmmmmm luvvvvvvvvverly :wink:

you really are pompous little **.