British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Belle Vue (nl)

Well just to add to the rush, you can count 3 of us coming along.

Can't believe it's the last NL league fixture of the season already :sad:

we cannot either. used to sept/oct finishes. feel as though we haven't seen much speedway at all this season with so few fixtures.

Glad to hear you'll all be coming along.

It does seem unreal that the NL season is at end in August, but there just aren't enough teams in the league, which is such a shame. It must be very difficult for the riders, as they're being denied the chance to do what they love doing, unlike those in the EL & PL.

Local weather forecast says there may be a few spits & spots this morning, with the sun showing it's face at times this afternoon. It's already sunny where I am, albeit a little chilly.

Really looking forward to 7.30pm so the action can start.

Add me, add me, add me

I'll have the half pound cheese & bacon burger, cheesy chips & a large diet coke Pitstop Cafe for 6.45pm please :t:

Absolute shame Garrity is missing. Was so looking forward to seeing what all the hype was about. But, with R/R I can't see the Young Stars being to much trouble for Belle Vue. A very strong NL side.

38-52

Add me, add me, add me

I'll have the half pound cheese & bacon burger, cheesy chips & a large diet coke Pitstop Cafe for 6.45pm please :t:

Absolute shame Garrity is missing. Was so looking forward to seeing what all the hype was about. But, with R/R I can't see the Young Stars being to much trouble for Belle Vue. A very strong NL side.

38-52

on a diet then Screamer? A diet coke amongst all that :o :o

Edited by whippy

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

on a diet then Screamer? A diet coke amongst all that :o :o

Yep, sugar is really bad for ya you know :rofl:

Add me, add me, add me

38-52

I think it will be closer than 38-52. We will be leaving soon to avoid the queues to get in!!! Keep the sun shining and let's have a bit of dirt on the track. Sounded a bit processional last week so if it is your last NL meeting of the season, let's hope it is a good one for all the spectators that have been encouraged by Mimmo's call to arms.

Well, that was a surprise result and an outstanding team performance. Lewis Kerr was exceptional and it's so nice to watch this lad progress.

A decent crowd, and some excellent racing that belied the score.

Details courtesy of live updates site:

King's Lynn Young Stars = 59

1. Ashley Birks (g) 2, 2*, 3 = 7+1

2. Oliver Rayson 1*, 3, 3, 2*, 0 = 9+2

3. Scott Campos 3, 1, 1*, 2* = 7+2

4. Jake Knight 1, T, 2, 3 = 6

5. James Cockle 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 = 12

6. Tom Stokes 2*, 1, 0, 0, 2* = 5+2

7. Lewis Kerr 3, 2*, 3, 2*, 3 = 13+2 MAX

Belle Vue Colts = 34

1. Kyle Howarth 3, 2, 6^, 3, 3, 3 = 20

2. Karl Mason 0, 1, R, 1, 1 = 3

3. Adam McKinna 2, 0, 0, 1^, 1 = 4

4. Byron Bekker 0, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1 = 6

5. Jason Garrity R/R (KM 1, BB 1, KH 6^, AM 1 = 9)

6. Chris Widman 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

7. Scott Richardson 1, R, 0, 0 = 1

Heat Results

Heat 01: Howarth, Birks, Rayson, Mason. 3-3, 62.31

Line Up: Ashley Birks, Oliver Rayson, Kyle Howarth, Karl Mason

Comments: KL win the toss and will choose in heat 15. BV take 1&3.

Howarth FTG and a clear winner. Rayson gated last and chased Mason and passed him on the inside on the run to the finish.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 02: Kerr, Stokes, Richardson, Widman. 5-1, 8-4, 63.47

Line Up: Tom Stokes, Lewis Kerr, Chris Widman (off 15m), Scott Richardson

Comments: Widman hit the tapes. He's going off 15m.

Re-Run: Kerr away from the start. Richardson gates 2nd but Stokes all over him all race, finally getting past down the backstraight of the last lap. Widman well adrift.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Campos, McKinna, Knight, Bekker. 4-2, 12-6, 63.78

Line Up: Scott Campos, Jake Knight, Adam McKinna, Byron Bekker

Comments: Stars gate but McKinna always close. He manages to get past the inside of Knight bend 4 lap 3. Bekker locked up on lap 1 to effectively end his race.

Sponsored by: www.speedway-games.co.uk

Heat 04: Cockle, Kerr, Mason. Richardson (ret). 5-1, 17-7, 62.93

Line Up: James Cockle, Lewis Kerr, R/R - Karl Mason, Scott Richardson

Comments: Stars again gate. Mason close early on but faded after a couple of laps. Scott retired last lap when well behind

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Kerr, Howarth, Campos. Mason (ret), Knight (Tapes). 4-2, 21-9, 62.53

Line Up: Scott Campos, Jake Knight Lewis Kerr, Kyle Howarth, Karl Mason

Comments: Knight hit the tapes, Kerr in as a replacement.

Re-Run: Kerr like a rocket from the start. Best meeting ever so far. Howarth could never really get close. Campos well behind in 3rd. Mason retired when last.

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Rayson, Birks, Bekker, Widman. 5-1, 26-10, 62.88

Line Up: Ashley Birks, Oliver Rayson, R/R - Byron Bekker, Chris Widman

Comments: Stars on fire from the start. Again the gate in front and Birks does a fantastic job to team rude Rayson home. He let Ratson pass on the outside and the blocked every move from Bekker.

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Cockle, Bekker, Stokes, McKinna. 4-2, 30-12, 61.41

Line Up: James Cockle, Tom Stokes, Adam McKinna (off 15m), Byron Bekker

Comments: McKinna hit the tapes. He's going off of 15 metres.

Re-Run: Stars gate again first but Bekker under him on the 2nd bend. All 4 pretty close though McKinna's challenge ended after coming out of bend 2 lap 3.

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Rayson, Kerr, Mason, Richardson. 5-1, 35-13, 62.59

Line Up: Oliver Rayson, Lewis Kerr, Karl Mason, Scott Richardson

Comments: Guess what? Stars again gate! And they were well clear until Kerr lifted coming out of bend 2 lap 3 and hits the fence but somehow stays on, wobbles down the backstraight but regains control. He came back to the pits patting his heart lol

Sponsored by

Heat 09: HOWARTH, Knight, Campos, Widman. 3-6, 38-19, 63.29

Line Up: Scott Campos, Jake Knight, R/R - KYLE HOWARTH, Chris Widman

Comments: Howarth takes a tactical ride.

Howarth away from the start and well spread out after that. Widman did get close to Campos early on but fell away.

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Birks, Rayson, Bekker, McKinna. 5-1, 43-20, 63.15

Line Up: Ashley Birks, Oliver Rayson, Adam McKinna, Byron Bekker

Comments: Great race early on as Stars gate but Rayson & McKinna wheel to wheel for 2 laps. McKinna then went wide to let Bekker through but the Stars pulled away for a comfortable 5-1.

Sponsored by

Heat 11: Howarth, Cockle, Mason, Stokes. 2-4, 45-24, 63.00

Line Up: James Cockle, Tom Stokes, Kyle Howarth, Karl Mason

Comments: Howarth away and flying to comfortably beat Cockle. The real race was for 3rd with Stokes all over Mason but just failing on the run to the line.

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Kerr, Campos, MCKINNA, Widman. 5-1, 50-25, 64.13

Line Up: Scott Campos, Lewis Kerr, ADAM MCKINNA, Chris Widman

Comments: McKinna takes the Colts' second tactical ride of the night.

Unstatisfactory start, all 4 back. Kerr gated and moved across to McKinna who in turn caught up with Campos. McKinna fell but up and ok. Just a tight first bend. Kerr wants his max!

Re-Run: Kerr wasn't going to be denied. A determined start to again get across McKinna. Campos hugged the inside to emerge from bend 2 in 2nd. Pretty comfortable after that and Kerr is delighted to get his first ever max!

Sponsored by

Interval

Heat 13: Howarth, Cockle, McKinna, Stokes. 2-4, 52-29

Line Up: Ashley Birks Tom Stokes, James Cockle, Kyle Howarth, R/R -Adam McKinna

Comments: Birks isn't hurt so the texter isn't sure why he's been left out.

Howarth quick away again and riding right out on the boards for a good win. Stokes not far behind McKinna, but never close enough to pass.

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Knight, Stokes, Bekker, Richardson. 5-1, 57-30

Line Up: Jake Knight, Tom Stokes, Byron Bekker, Scott Richardson

Comments: Stars FTG and Stokes rode a great race to hold off Bekker who was all over him all race.

Sponsored by Splod

Ashley Birks has just been interviewed, he dislocated his shoulder on Sunday so he pulled out in pain. He won't ride tomorrow. The texter says a brilliant effort from a guest & I agree. Best wishes to him.

Heat 15: Howarth, Cockle, Bekker, Rayson. 2-4, 59-34, 63.93

Line-up: James Cockle, Oliver Rayson, Kyle Howarth, Byron Bekker

Comments: Stars take 2 & 4.

Great race to finish the Young Stars' hone league programme. The impressive Howarty gated and was gone but there was never much between the other 3. Bekker under Cockle bend 2 but Cocke returned the favour on bend 3. Rayson then tried everything to get past Bekker but he just couldn't manage it. Cracking meeting, better than the score suggests. BV gave their all and Bekker & McKinna deserved more for their efforts. Howarty very good. Young Stars produced their best performance of the season. Kerr & Rayson both had their best meetings of the season, just a shame that's now the end of their home programme

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Boston&action=display&thread=8671#ixzz1VzCZjZ7V

Great win by Kings Lynn.

With two outstanding performances by Kerr for the Young Stars & Howarth for the Colts.

Great win by Kings Lynn.

With two outstanding performances by Kerr for the Young Stars & Howarth for the Colts.

We echo that. A cracking meeting with the YS in great form. Kerr and Rayson YSs and Howarth BV oustanding tonight. McKinna deserved more for his effort. Special thanks must go to Ashley Birks who was a great guest for the YSs especially tonight riding with an injury to his shoulder. These lads are made of strong stuff.

Shame it was the last league match for the YSs. Won't be able to make it to see meeting in October. Hoping to go to Belle Vue 4th Sept but unsure if we can at the moment.

Edited by whippy

Tremendous stuff from Lewis, hopefully he can get some PL rides in 2012 :cheers: