British Speedway Forum

Thats like saying Man Utd fans should credit the Glaziers for their success of the last few years, and forget about Alex Ferguson!

Matt Ford builds the team, the Glaziers don't build Man Utd's team. Didn't Middlo say he hadn't heard of Andersson before he signed for Poole. I don't know if that was tongue in cheek, it didn't sound it.

I think we should go back to why Middlo ended up back in the job anyway.......... it was because Rob Lyon vacated the position... and that was because talk was cheap from his employers when he took on the role

Middlo does not have the tools at his disposal to enjoy any success.... this will be repeated year in, year out until the majority of promoters decide that the development of British riders is important to them

Matt Ford builds the team, the Glaziers don't build Man Utd's team. Didn't Middlo say he hadn't heard of Andersson before he signed for Poole. I don't know if that was tongue in cheek, it didn't sound it.

And Middlo has no input on Pooles side? he just sits all winter and waits for Ford to ring him with the line up? I dont think so.

Middleditch is a fine team manager and his record speaks for itself. peter oakes has been at many clubs. Peterborough, Belle Vue, Coventry are three I know of and there probably is more. Wasnt he Swindons TM?

I think the only person who could match Middlo is Rosco. May not of won a title with Swindon but its no conincidence his first year away, he wins the league with Coventry. Rosco is one of, if not the most passionate TM I have seen, and I think he would do a good job for Team GB.

As for Middlo not hearing of Andersson, well who knows. Most spotted his talent a couple of years ago. He didnt just appear from nowhere, I remember Iris123 posting he was one to watch some time ago and his scores have only gone one way since. Every EL team manager would of had him on their radar.

Middlo is a good TM and is passionate about the sport. He is no way the reason why Team GB are so pants, the reason behind that is the BSPA. Absoloutely no interest in developing young talent from a young age and the result is the total tripe we witnessed tonight. You can't fault the riders for riding for the team, any riders dream would be to represent their country but there should be more talented riders on offer for Middlo to select.

Then again, I still think a team of Richardson, Harris, Nicholls, Woffinden and Kennett would possibly of gone through tonight. They are the best 5 Brits.

But when you look at Poland, riders like Ulamek, Balinski, Holta etc weren't even in Polands team yet would all score more than most of our side. Poland as a nation are streets ahead of GB. Denmarks team is superb as well and despite not having top liners left out (although Andersen probably is WC material), they have superb youngsters like Jepsen Jensen, Mikkel B Jensen, Mikkelsen, Madsen, Klindt, Bjerre junior who in 5 years or so will be super stars. Sweden also have a bright future with the likes of Andersson, Sundstrom, Lindgren junior, Nilsson, Gustaffson etc who will be big stars in the future. Who do Britain have? At the same age your looking at the likes of Garrity, Howarth, A. Morris etc who are fine young riders but not in the same league. I suppose you can never say never though, Harris was appauling when he first started out in PL racing, I remember him only ever being able to ride Exeter and he came from nowhere to become our best rider.

You see Denmarks team and it has been the same since about 2003. Nicki, Bjarne, Hans, Bjerre and Iversen. Four of those are still in the side, and it probably would still include Hans had he not got injured. Their SWC record is brilliant, but now you will see the young Danes replace some of the older ones. I think Iversen will ride his last SWC fixture on Saturday at Gorzow and will be replaced by a young Dane next year. Korneliussen made a super debut but how he copes at Gorzow is anyones guess.

Just explaining how other countries have so many options due to their successful 80cc leagues. Britain have none. What will we do when Harris wraps in SWC? A team of Tai, Kennett, Barker, Bridger and King. It probably wont get past event 1!

british Speedway is in a dire state and the BSPA need to take massive action. For a start, get an 80cc track made this winter, invest in some 80cc bikes and host training schools for the youngsters, they need to start somewhere and its how the major countries develope their talent.

From what they showed last night it seemed to be Phil Morris doing the team managing on the night rather then Middlo. He was talking to riders before they went out, patting them on the back and doing the team meeting before heat 21.

Middlos EL team managing record is brilliant in the EL. Course he won the wooden spoon, all teams can win it in speedway due to the points limit. He is the right man for the job and the riders love him. Nothing wrong with him, its the crap side he has to work with thats the problem!

Perenial sows ear from a silk purse man is Middlo.Best asset base and team at his disposal every year and yet more often than not his teams choke and ###### defeat from the jaws of victory.Only in the job because his mate Matt fell out with Rob Lyon because he could not see the benefits of supporting a plan for a bright future and reverted back to the dark past.... :oops:

Perenial sows ear from a silk purse man is Middlo.Best asset base and team at his disposal every year and yet more often than not his teams choke and ###### defeat from the jaws of victory.Only in the job because his mate Matt fell out with Rob Lyon because he could not see the benefits of supporting a plan for a bright future and reverted back to the dark past.... :oops:

Where's the like button!!!

Strange that Pearson was spouting about the BSPA having to look at the situation in the winter. At least a season too late Mr Pearson, they should have listened to Rob a couple of years back.

EDITED for spelling

Edited by Star Lady

From what they showed last night it seemed to be Phil Morris doing the team managing on the night rather then Middlo. He was talking to riders before they went out, patting them on the back and doing the team meeting before heat 21.

Thats what I thought as well?? :angry:

WIZZER would make a fine GB boss in time, eloquent, good motivator etc etc

you have to look at the riders aswell every year we go to Poland and every year they look miles of the pace an no lessons seem to be learned about set ups and extra power, think ermelenko touched on this last night,if your going to shout yourself up like bridger make sure you have the tools to carry it out.

Nothing will be done by the BSPA as they are so full of self importance and whats best for themselves they will never get together and invest they will just keep hiring jonny foreigner that somone else has trained as thats an easier option

I noticed that, too, and thought it spoke volumes.

Where's the like button!!!

Strange that Pearson was spouting about the BSPA having to look at the situation in the winter. At least a season too late Mr Pearson, they should have listened to Rob a couple of years back.

EDITED for spelling

I thought Nigel Pearson's comment about the BSPA getting their heads together this winter was more of a reference as to why Britain's two best riders chose not to ride last night.

As for "investing in youth", most promoters can only dream of keeping their head above water for two seasons in a row, the concept of investing monye in a youth system must be so far off their radar to be laughable.

God i hate this about speedway

Middleditch gets abuse beacuse he is affiliated with Poole ? This is speedway FFS

Riders move around guest for other teams , just enjoy the sport

We could have put Dynamo in charge of TEAM GB last night it would have made no difference , The riders are not good enough simple as that

Bridger or Stead or King - No difference

Barker at least showed glimpses of wanting to be in world level company and i hope he goes onward and upward

Bridger has got far too much to say for himself - his tweets this morning are just disgusting

GB speedway is incredibly weak - sooo many people on here a few weeks back stating that the british final showed what a strength we had !!

Completely the opposite IMO until that attitude goes we will continue to be a laughing stock

Edited by hemphizzx

He won the wooden spoon 2 years ago and then last season he had the best team in the league but failed to win the play-offs. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the, "Middlo is a good team manager" line of thinking. He often messes up in the SWC too.

Exactly my sentiments SCB. With the resources at Poole with Fords money etc, what has Middleditch really done recently, not alot. Poole have half the league signed up and he still couldn't win the league in 2010.

I thought Nigel Pearson's comment about the BSPA getting their heads together this winter was more of a reference as to why Britain's two best riders chose not to ride last night.

As for "investing in youth", most promoters can only dream of keeping their head above water for two seasons in a row, the concept of investing monye in a youth system must be so far off their radar to be laughable.

I just wish some of them would have a bit more nouse though Matt..... everything in British speedway seems to be run with the ethos of take first... and not necessarily give after...... long term investment and strategy seem to be dirty words

If our national team and GP riders are doing well it should have a knock on effect with the media and attendance.......... How much would that cost, over what period of time, and by how many clubs?

Exactly my sentiments SCB. With the resources at Poole with Fords money etc, what has Middleditch really done recently, not alot. Poole have half the league signed up and he still couldn't win the league in 2010.

Thats because we stuck with the same team all year which was a mistake,coventry made wholesale changes,which won them the league.